Angola celebrates 1988 victory

Angola celebrates 1988 victory

There are 2 comments on the News24.com story from Mar 22, 2008, titled Angola celebrates 1988 victory. In it, News24.com reports that:

“We were so close to each other that any air bombardment would end up hitting our own troops. I think the South Africans realised the same.”

Angola will celebrate on Saturday for the first time the anniversary of the 1988 battle of Cuito Cuanavale which changed the region's political landscape, accelerating the independence of Namibia and the fall ... via News24.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.com.

Duwies

South Africa

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Fapla/Cuban pilots flown so high the changes were very great for them to knock out the remaining forces not destroyed yet - I don't think they could have dropped even one bom accurate, Calueque 1988 proves it.

Duwies

South Africa

#2 Feb 12, 2009
If you can't aim, it's your problem - the same as an untrained person acting as a trained vechile driver and knock down his fellows - don't even try to think the RSA Pilots were so stupid to bommed their own forces, at least they were trained.....hahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huila, Angola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Football tournament is boost for nation once se... (Jan '10) Jan '10 pedro capacala 1
News AFRICA/ANGOLA - Newly-elected President of Ango... (Dec '09) Dec '09 alicat 1
News Angola: A country with huge, untapped tourism p... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Investments 1
my province (Oct '08) Oct '08 jerson paiva 1
News Colombia Volcano Erupts, Thousands Flee (Apr '07) Apr '07 Robert 1
More from around the web