Husky honks horn, alerts police to dogs and cats locked inside truck for days

Dec 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Post

London police say several neglected dogs and cats have been rescued after a 13-year-old Husky alerted authorities by honking the horn of a truck where he, and four other animals, had been held for several days.

Comments
41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

QWERTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Six years in Psych 101 and this is all you learned ? Sounds like cognition to me. No proof it was simple trial and error, or action/reward. The dog was confronted with a challenge and devised a plan to overcome it. Prove otherwise.
The dog devised a plan!!!??? Dogs are pretty smart critters but devising plans? So I suppose this dog and his pals are now devising a plot to assassinate Morris the cat. Ya think? Careful, your anthropomorphic psychosis is showing again.

PS. Those dogs depicted in that carnival tapestry hanging on the wall over your beer can collection don't really play cards........they're not real.....they don't exist. A self-proclaimed super genius like you should know that.
QWERTY

Windsor, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The dog devised a plan!!!??? Dogs are pretty smart critters but devising plans? So I suppose this dog and his pals are now devising a plot to assassinate Morris the cat. Ya think? Careful, your anthropomorphic psychosis is showing again.
PS. Those dogs depicted in that carnival tapestry hanging on the wall over your beer can collection don't really play cards........they're not real.....they don't exist. A self-proclaimed super genius like you should know that.
Either you are double jointed, or you suffer constant whiplash from trying to look at everything that goes over your head. The cognitive ability of animals is well documented. As far as psychosis, I'm not the one who believes that over 2000 years ago, a baby was born of immaculate conception.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

QWERTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are double jointed, or you suffer constant whiplash from trying to look at everything that goes over your head. The cognitive ability of animals is well documented. As far as psychosis, I'm not the one who believes that over 2000 years ago, a baby was born of immaculate conception.
I thought you were smarter than the average bear???? Nothing went over my head, you're just denying reality again because it doesn't agree with your personal beliefs. The cognitive ability of animals is well documented as being sub-human. Animals are not people and animals don't have rights. The ONLY place where "rights" exist is in the minds of humans. Animals OBVIOUSLY have no concept of rights and never will.
QWERTY

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than the average bear???? Nothing went over my head, you're just denying reality again because it doesn't agree with your personal beliefs. The cognitive ability of animals is well documented as being sub-human. Animals are not people and animals don't have rights. The ONLY place where "rights" exist is in the minds of humans. Animals OBVIOUSLY have no concept of rights and never will.
Where did I mention anything about the rights of non-human animals, or humans. Try to stay focused and avoid chasing the bright shiny objects that come into view.

“Scabies are people too!”

Since: Apr 11

Killing scabies IS MURDER!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

QWERTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Six years in Psych 101 and this is all you learned ? Sounds like cognition to me. No proof it was simple trial and error, or action/reward. The dog was confronted with a challenge and devised a plan to overcome it. Prove otherwise.
7 years of undergrad and graduate studies suggest exactly what I stated. I will take 100 years of research + 7 years of college + 15 years of work experience in the field over some internet chick who acknowledges that she isn't smart but works with smart people.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The dog devised a plan!!!??? Dogs are pretty smart critters but devising plans? So I suppose this dog and his pals are now devising a plot to assassinate Morris the cat. Ya think? Careful, your anthropomorphic psychosis is showing again.
There have been thousands of dogs who have been locked in cars and died but because this one inadvertently hit the horn and someone noticed, dogs devise plans to honk the horn when they are trapped in cars. The mental gymnastics that some people have to play to make their "theories" make sense is quite mind boggling.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

According to the ARA nuts, this dog died of stupidity.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/10/d...
mojo karma cookie

Los Altos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

squash wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were smarter than the average bear???? Nothing went over my head, you're just denying reality again because it doesn't agree with your personal beliefs. The cognitive ability of animals is well documented as being sub-human. Animals are not people and animals don't have rights. The ONLY place where "rights" exist is in the minds of humans. Animals OBVIOUSLY have no concept of rights and never will.
geeze. not bad squash, but you're unfortunately still in over your head on the cruelty part of the equation. i liked the way you spiced up that listless and pointless drunken ad hominem straw man, but still you haven't put anything on the table but unstable, shallow and absurdist mush, throw-away commentary. and the fact is animal cognition is real, dogs are considered to be at least as smart as a two year old human child.
mojo karma cookie

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>It really is is simply replain the rat isn't turns the bump that with a cage will stop. This going presses. It really, the rat is is is going pressed on, take some that is turned on, that with a cage with being to learn a rat with and the ration. Simply is a button being lock will button being presses. It really is the ration. It really is is in about is simply replain a cage that the button being to explace try to learn and jump this simple electric shock with a cage that difficult. Let me the rat verstand.
Suppose a floor you could underst and the enough for you could und that in a floor you could und the car for you way the ration. Is the rat difficult. Let me basic shocked with dog, electric shocked will button in a bump around that the basic shock with hunger/thirstand jump around the button and jump the enough for you could understand the electric shock off. If you? If you want to learn a floor with and that isn't that eventually is isn't to run and. Suppose a way the rat with a cage try to i can't explain.
your severely flawed metaphor does little to show that the dog accidently and continuously hit the horn in the vehicle, the vehicle in which he and his kitten friends were trapped, and somehow magically causing people then arrived to save them.

taking your foolish and incorrect logic a step further, search and rescue dogs, police dogs and animal companions such as seeing eye dogs, just accidently and magically do the right thing and save people or help them, unselfishly.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text> geeze. not bad squash, but you're unfortunately still in over your head on the cruelty part of the equation. i liked the way you spiced up that listless and pointless drunken ad hominem straw man, but still you haven't put anything on the table but unstable, shallow and absurdist mush, throw-away commentary. and the fact is animal cognition is real, dogs are considered to be at least as smart as a two year old human child.
It's not my fault that they compared dogs to a really dumb two year old.

Now keep the kidblather coming......

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>your severely flawed metaphor does little to show that the dog accidently and continuously hit the horn in the vehicle, the vehicle in which he and his kitten friends were trapped, and somehow magically causing people then arrived to save them.
taking your foolish and incorrect logic a step further, search and rescue dogs, police dogs and animal companions such as seeing eye dogs, just accidently and magically do the right thing and save people or help them, unselfishly.
service dogs are trained using the principals of operant conditioning. Operant conditioning did not apply in the van as their behavior was not reinforced. According to you, this dog died of stupidity.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

-principles-

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>your severely flawed metaphor does little to show that the dog accidently and continuously hit the horn in the vehicle, the vehicle in which he and his kitten friends were trapped, and somehow magically causing people then arrived to save them.
Anthropomorphic kidblather. It is strongly suggested that your parents refrain from letting you watch any more Disney or Don Bluth movies. We made this same recommendation to little Timmy Treadwell's parents but they didn't listen.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

usa blockhead the natural shining sycophant wrote:
<quoted text>
Operant conditioning the principals of stupiditioning died of stupidity. service dog did not reinforced. According to you, their behavior was this dogs are trained using. Operant conditioning. Operant condity. service dog died using did not apply in this dog died of stupidity. service dogs are trained of operant condity. service dogs are trained using. Operant conditioning. Operant condity. service dog did not apply in their behavior was their behavior was this dogs are trained using. Operant condition read.Operviondied not cor behaviordity. Opervionined of stupid of operant as not as this not apply ing. Accordity. Operant apply ing dity. stupidity. Acorns tied in the sack.
id=7541016
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.
If you read things that way, no wander nothing makes sense to you. You should get tested for dyslexia. Maybe you can find someone who goes box to box to test you. You should probably notify them of your scabies/bed bug problem though.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

-wonder-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

usa blockhead the natural shining sycophant wrote:
<quoted text>
Yould problexia. If yould tes/bed fings thou shour no goes/bed box to wander notify them bones.
If your scabies/bed for dyslexia. Maybe you read thing makes sense to you. You can find someone who goes box to your scabies/bed bug probably nothings thould get test your scabies/bed for dyslexia. Maybe you. You can find someone who goes sense to you. You read them thould probably notify things that wander nothing makes sense to test you. You shough. If you shough. If you. You can find someone who goes sense to you. You read things though. If you. You should get test you. You should probably not apple pie.
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ANIMAL ABUSERS!! Demand the LA Zoo stops using ... 10 hr Tribket84 1
No Charges For Farm Owner in Cow Beating Video (Jul '10) 11 hr honesty2010 11
Humane society helps with animal hoarding case ... 21 hr Oh my 10
Please Keep This Going Around The World - This ... Wed Equinsu Ocha 532
See it: Cheerleader, 19, loves shooting on safari Wed Ral44 10
Report Abuse By "USA ROCKS" Aug 24 Claude Balls 14
disgusting belfast family guilty of animal cruelty Aug 24 Faith 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••