Husky honks horn, alerts police to do...

Husky honks horn, alerts police to dogs and cats locked inside truck for days

There are 57 comments on the National Post story from Dec 15, 2012, titled Husky honks horn, alerts police to dogs and cats locked inside truck for days. In it, National Post reports that:

London police say several neglected dogs and cats have been rescued after a 13-year-old Husky alerted authorities by honking the horn of a truck where he, and four other animals, had been held for several days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 15, 2012
a clear example on animal intelligence and compassion. in this case where a canine husky dog acted in a heroic and selfless manner, and saved his life along with the lives of his animal friends. good job.

“Animal Testing Saves Lives”

Since: Apr 11

And Saving Lives is Good

#2 Dec 15, 2012
It really isn't intelligence. Random acts that cause a positive outcome are not intelligence. Jed Clampett wasn't intelligent because he randomly shot and found a "bubblin crude."

Location hidden

#3 Dec 16, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
It really isn't intelligence. Random acts that cause a positive outcome are not intelligence. Jed Clampett wasn't intelligent because he randomly shot and found a "bubblin crude."
it was not a random act, you suggesting as much is irrational and absurd.

And Saving Lives is Good

#4 Dec 16, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>it was not a random act, you suggesting as much is irrational and absurd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =w8B-Nokm9K0XX
I see you also lack a basic understanding of behavior in addition to your lack of understanding of science. Behavior is repeated or performed purposely due to a past history of reinforcement. It also can be performed due to a history of observing others being reinforced. As motivation increases due to deprivation, scrolling tends to occur where critters begin to do random things to see if any of them produce a desired environmental change. The dog engaged in random behaviors. One of them happened to work. That isn't intelligence. It is desperation.
mojo karma cookie

San Jose, CA

#5 Dec 16, 2012
usa blockhead the shining sycophant wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you also lack a basic understanding of behavior in addition to your lack of understanding of science. Behavior is repeated or performed purposely due to a past history of reinforcement. It also can be performed due to a history of observing others being reinforced. As motivation increases due to deprivation, scrolling tends to occur where critters begin to do random things to see if any of them produce a desired environmental change. The dog engaged in random behaviors. One of them happened to work. That isn't intelligence. It is desperation.
wrong again mr blockhead. you haven't made your case. the dense and drunken ad hominem strawmen are a dead give-away. you have failed to source anything you have stated on this forum, obviously you don't have any realworld critical thinking skills to speak of, or else you can't. obviously you think the dog accidently honked the horn after being locked in their for several days, this was an action performed by the dog, not a random behavior that needs to be reinforced. and nice switch from not having any intelligence to an act of desperation. therefore this act of desperation was planned out by the dog, hardly an accident as you so carelessly describe it here. what a macaroon.

And Saving Lives is Good

#6 Dec 16, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again mr blockhead. you haven't made your case. the dense and drunken ad hominem strawmen are a dead give-away. you have failed to source anything you have stated on this forum, obviously you don't have any realworld critical thinking skills to speak of, or else you can't. obviously you think the dog accidently honked the horn after being locked in their for several days, this was an action performed by the dog, not a random behavior that needs to be reinforced. and nice switch from not having any intelligence to an act of desperation. therefore this act of desperation was planned out by the dog, hardly an accident as you so carelessly describe it here. what a macaroon.
Like I said, you don't understand human or animal behavior. People who do would laugh at your response.

Joe USA

“"Fortitudine Vincimus"”

Since: Oct 09

USA

#8 Dec 16, 2012
mofo karma PSYCHO wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again mr blockhead. you haven't made your case. the dense and drunken ad hominem strawmen are a dead give-away. you have failed to source anything you have stated on this forum, obviously you don't have any realworld critical thinking skills to speak of, or else you can't. obviously you think the dog accidently honked the horn after being locked in their for several days, this was an action performed by the dog, not a random behavior that needs to be reinforced. and nice switch from not having any intelligence to an act of desperation. therefore this act of desperation was planned out by the dog, hardly an accident as you so carelessly describe it here. what a macaroon.
LOL.... Too funny!

Location hidden

#9 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Like I said, you don't understand human or animal behavior. People who do would laugh at your response.
oh my seet lord. that can't be right. wrong again as usual blockhead. you are again making a supreme fool of yourself, by attacking me with your childish, pointless drunken ad hominem strawmen, your particulary foolish, inept non sequiturs, and of course your unhumane and uncourageous speciesist doublethink.

in short you are attacking the messenger and not the message.

http://www.ukskeptics.com/article.php...

this is nothing but clear evidence that you don't even grasp the subject matter at hand here, in fact something as complicated as human and animal behavior. let alone basic and direct, easy to comprehend ideas. coupled with your idiotic hatespeech and off-topic wild-eyed notions, it is easy to see that you don't understand anything here beyond pointless childish insults and bogus, fruity, extrinsic and irrelevant banter.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 17, 2012
trolls R effing losers wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG as always, shitforbrains. Intelligent people can't even laugh at you because you are so pathetic. You know NOTHING about animal behavior nor do you care. Mojo is far wiser and more knowledgeable on animal behavior than a witless, animal hating, corpse eating pos TROLL like YOU will ever delude yourself to thinking you know'. Get list you pathetic pos. you will NEVER be treated respectfully here yet you keep banging your empty head into the wall of humiliation. Suit yourself, we will just keep kicking your sorry flabby self absorbed ignorant a$ss around. We promise!
thank you. for the kind words. well said and totally accurate.
KILLER BEES

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Dec 17, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>thank you. for the kind words. well said and totally accurate.
You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 17, 2012
under my wheels wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.

Joe USA

“"Fortitudine Vincimus"”

Since: Oct 09

USA

#15 Dec 17, 2012
mofo karma kook wrote:
<quoted text>oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.
But it is, PSYCHO.

And Saving Lives is Good

#16 Dec 17, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>oh my seet lord. that can't be right. wrong again as usual blockhead. you are again making a supreme fool of yourself, by attacking me with your childish, pointless drunken ad hominem strawmen, your particulary foolish, inept non sequiturs, and of course your unhumane and uncourageous speciesist doublethink.
in short you are attacking the messenger and not the message.
http://www.ukskeptics.com/article.php...
this is nothing but clear evidence that you don't even grasp the subject matter at hand here, in fact something as complicated as human and animal behavior. let alone basic and direct, easy to comprehend ideas. coupled with your idiotic hatespeech and off-topic wild-eyed notions, it is easy to see that you don't understand anything here beyond pointless childish insults and bogus, fruity, extrinsic and irrelevant banter.
I gave an accurate and succinct explanation of behavior. You cannot comprehend and instead reach for the magical thinking of explanatory fictions. That isn't an attack. It is an accurate observation. I am using science. You are using mumbo jumbo.
KILLER BEES

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 17, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave an accurate and succinct explanation of behavior. You cannot comprehend and instead reach for the magical thinking of explanatory fictions. That isn't an attack. It is an accurate observation. I am using science. You are using mumbo jumbo.
This 'mojo' is as flaky as some LA street people.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#18 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
wrong again blockhead. you are not using science, you have already clearly demonstrated very clearly that you don't understand even the scientific method, let alone realworld research and analysis. no the fact is that you are hiding behind the terms earth science, behavior and science. and other inappropriate jargonized nonsense and pc distortions.

your warped, off-topic comments and delusional statements including your reliance upon junkscience and horribly distorted DUMBYist propaganda is no substitute for the truth. your don't comprehend the subject matter being presented here, on any level. so you just fake it with your boorish, sloppy, drunken ad hominem strawmen, a mountain of foolsgold non sequiturs and outrageous, bogus red herrings. totally irrelevant. since you can't seem to grasp the simplest of ideas and most basic of concepts.

but beyond that your careless and goofy gradeschool logic speaks for itself. maybe just maybe you should quite possibly perhaps try to brush up on your critical thinking skills.

have a nice day.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#19 Dec 17, 2012
silver reefs wrote:
<quoted text>This 'mojo' is as flaky as some LA street people.
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.

And Saving Lives is Good

#22 Dec 18, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>wrong again blockhead. you are not using science, you have already clearly demonstrated very clearly that you don't understand even the scientific method, let alone realworld research and analysis. no the fact is that you are hiding behind the terms earth science, behavior and science. and other inappropriate jargonized nonsense and pc distortions.
I hate to tell you but you are the one doing the magical thinking and I am the one adhering to what science has told us about situations like this. I am a scientist for a living. I know how to perform and interpret scientific data. You on the other hand do not. You don't understand sampling and generalization and do not understand motivation and behavior. You are so devoid of knowledge that you don't realize that you are devoid of knowledge. You don't know what you don't know but for some strange reason, you think you do.
trolls R effing losers

Midland, TX

#23 Dec 18, 2012
trolls R effing losers wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG as always, shitforbrains. Intelligent people can't even laugh at you because you are so pathetic. You know NOTHING about animal behavior nor do you care. Mojo is far wiser and more knowledgeable on animal behavior than a witless, animal hating, corpse eating pos TROLL like YOU will ever delude yourself to thinking you know'. Get list you pathetic pos. you will NEVER be treated respectfully here yet you keep banging your empty head into the wall of humiliation. Suit yourself, we will just keep kicking your sorry flabby self absorbed ignorant a$ss around. We promise!
Why do I, Humpy Lumpy, continue to post this condescending trash about myself? Sure I suck goat sack but my self-humiliation must end!

Location hidden

#24 Dec 18, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
You do. I hat you doing to tell you don't knowledge. You are strange reason, you do. I hate to tell you the magical thinking. I know how but for so devoid of know how but scientific data. You do. I has to what you one devoid of knowledge. You doing and don't know how what science has to tell you are thate told us about you are strange realization this. I am and motivations like thering and behavior. You are to what you one adhering to perfor so devoid of know what you are devoid of know what yelp.
You and behat knotherand mot. You don and done of know but for a ling a science of knowledgention't you datand und of knowledge. I a st realizat you doid of knot. You adhe therinking told ge don, you and us livatific done motion't you andersta. I knowledge hat st son't sta. You andevoinge thand don a so perfor. I ange done sciente haso persta. You do perstralizat son, you of know how what you arealivat for am and ons the datis. You do now the handevoing am abou doid I areaso whaving this. You do.
extra stregth kidblather. for when it really huts.

Location hidden

#25 Dec 18, 2012
extra strength kidblather. for when it really hurts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 18 hr Squach 2,774
News Canada's dog dumping is a sign of bigger problem Sun Freedom Road 11
News Malicious-prosecution suit against Joe Arpaio g... Dec 6 WelbyMD 4
News Malnourished, dead animals found at Vienna resi... (Sep '12) Dec 5 quacker worket 3
News PETA requests animal treatment lessons followin... (Apr '17) Dec 3 common sense 10
News Dog abusers sue rescue group (Oct '11) Dec 2 Samantha Hodge 36
News $5,000 Reward Offered To Help Locate Suspect(s)... Dec 1 They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web