Wausau Woman Charged With Animal Abuse

Wausau Woman Charged With Animal Abuse

There are 85 comments on the WSAW story from Oct 24, 2012, titled Wausau Woman Charged With Animal Abuse. In it, WSAW reports that:

Twenty-year old Sean D. Janas is facing up to 5 years in jail and a $30,000 fine for the death of her boyfriend's German Shepherd-Labrador mix named Mary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSAW.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Katie from theWausau area

Junction City, WI

#1 Oct 25, 2012
There should be no "up to" 5 years considered - it should be, without bail or early release, the FULL 5 years! And the fine upped to $100,000........$30,000 is too easy for something like this!
NO life, animal or human, has a "right" to suffer or die by such a vindictive hand like this.

“I surived”

Since: Apr 11

A day without women March 2017

#2 Oct 25, 2012
Katie from theWausau area wrote:
There should be no "up to" 5 years considered - it should be, without bail or early release, the FULL 5 years! And the fine upped to $100,000........$30,000 is too easy for something like this!
NO life, animal or human, has a "right" to suffer or die by such a vindictive hand like this.
Having a "right to suffer" is kind of a strange use of the term "right." It suggests that you don't really know what it means. I do however think this person should receive a consequence. I think a $50 fine seems about right as her behavior is less destructive to society than speeding/running a stop sign but more destructive than illegal parking. Given that, the punishment should fall right in the middle. JMO.
NavyVet

Wausau, WI

#3 Nov 13, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a "right to suffer" is kind of a strange use of the term "right." It suggests that you don't really know what it means. I do however think this person should receive a consequence. I think a $50 fine seems about right as her behavior is less destructive to society than speeding/running a stop sign but more destructive than illegal parking. Given that, the punishment should fall right in the middle. JMO.
Are you insane too???$50.00 fine for MURDER? If it was a human who suffered torture and murder, they would get LIFE in prison!!! Wow you are insensitive to the defenseless...
NavyVet

Wausau, WI

#4 Nov 13, 2012
And how old are you, 2? Think before you comment Usa Rocks. You know nothing about justice, maybe you would like to have a member of your family suffer like Mary did, get murdered, and the offender receive a handshake. Or maybe you're that looney's friend sticking up for her. Whatever, grow up, and learn something about our country, justice, and freedom for all living beings.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Nov 13, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
And how old are you, 2? Think before you comment Usa Rocks. You know nothing about justice, maybe you would like to have a member of your family suffer like Mary did, get murdered, and the offender receive a handshake. Or maybe you're that looney's friend sticking up for her. Whatever, grow up, and learn something about our country, justice, and freedom for all living beings.
USA Rocks is nothing but a severely disturbed trifling troll who has been infesting the Animal Rights forums for years exclaiming how he thinks animals should suffer and die and anyone who harms animals should be let go. Unfortunately topix is full of idiots like him who are seeking attention

Spokaloonian

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

#6 Nov 14, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you insane too???$50.00 fine for MURDER? If it was a human who suffered torture and murder, they would get LIFE in prison!!! Wow you are insensitive to the defenseless...
Key word in your statement, "IF."
Well it wasn't a human so no murder was committed. An animal was killed.
It is rare anybody gets life for murder of another human these days. Considering how many murders that are actually committed.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
the spokaMORON is STILL failing about begging for attention trolling the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums. Get lost you worthless PoS TROLL and quit wasting space with your pathetic whining. Go decorate posts because that is the only thing you are capable of.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#8 Nov 14, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, this is a sick act that needs to be prosecuted. The point is that it was NOT a human and cannot in any way be considered murder and does not merit a 5 year sentence.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#9 Nov 14, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
Killing an animal is not and cannot ever be "murder". The term "murder" is defined as the wrongful taking of a human life. Having said that, I think that people who commit acts like this against animals should be punished but it is in no way even similar to murder. If the woman had killed my dog she wouldn't be in court......I would be. As much as I love my dog, my personal feelings do not change the facts that he is not human and killing him is not "murder" it's destruction of property. If you are unable to grasp this reality......don't take it out on others who have it correct.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Killing an animal is not and cannot ever be "murder". The term "murder" is defined as the wrongful taking of a human life. Having said that, I think that people who commit acts like this against animals should be punished but it is in no way even similar to murder. If the woman had killed my dog she wouldn't be in court......I would be. As much as I love my dog, my personal feelings do not change the facts that he is not human and killing him is not "murder" it's destruction of property. If you are unable to grasp this reality......don't take it out on others who have it correct.
WRONG as always you despicable PoS ANIMAL MURDERER.
Thanks for also admitting that you not only MURDER animals but you would also BREAK THE LAW and MURDER a human. No surprise. By all means keep flailing about and proving what a spineless COWARD you are....we know you will!!! Ready? 10..9..8..7..6...
John

Albany Creek, Australia

#11 Nov 14, 2012
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG as always you despicable PoS ANIMAL MURDERER.
Thanks for also admitting that you not only MURDER animals but you would also BREAK THE LAW and MURDER a human. No surprise. By all means keep flailing about and proving what a spineless COWARD you are....we know you will!!! Ready? 10..9..8..7..6...
No, he's right HAC.
The abstract concept of "murder" was created by humans for humans.
It does not apply to what plants or animals do to each other or do to people.
It does not apply to anything people do to plants or animals.
It certainly does not apply to people who eat plants or animals.
If you want to respond, let's see if you can do so without the ridiculous invectives.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#13 Nov 14, 2012
No he's WRONG like all of you worthless PoS sh#t trolls ALWAYS are. You are a spineless, witless frightened COWARD who trolls the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7 because you are a frightened, insecure, sackless COWARD who fears the big bad VEGANS. Get lost you pathetic PoS and quit wasting space here and on the planet. you effing sackless COWARD

Be sure to come back for more HUMILIATION because it's obvious that you spineless COWARDS thrive on humiliation. Matter of fact, you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6..
John

Albany Creek, Australia

#14 Nov 14, 2012
No he's WRONG like all of you worthless PoS sh#t trolls ALWAYS are. You are a spineless, witless frightened COWARD who trolls the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7 because you are a frightened, insecure, sackless COWARD who fears the big bad VEGANS. Get lost you pathetic PoS and quit wasting space here and on the planet. you effing sackless COWARD
Be sure to come back for more HUMILIATION because it's obvious that you spineless COWARDS thrive on humiliation. Matter of fact, you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6..
WITHOUT THE INVECTIVE.
Sheesh.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#15 Nov 14, 2012
and the spineless, witless, insecure COWARD still begs for attention even though it has been told SEVERAL times to eff off. Get lost you worthless PoS
John

Albany Creek, Australia

#16 Nov 14, 2012
and the spineless, witless, insecure COWARD still begs for attention even though it has been told SEVERAL times to eff off. Get lost you worthless PoS
No, you "eff off".
This is not your forum.
This is a public forum.
I will express my opinion as hard as I like.
HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Nov 14, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you "eff off".
This is not your forum.
This is a public forum.
I will express my opinion as hard as I like.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.... widdle insecure frightened COWARD is having another pansyass hissy fit because he keeps getting his flabby spineless a$S kicked by the 'big bad VEGANS'!!! You haven't expressed ANYTHING except the FACT that you are a spineless, witless, sackless, insecure COWARD who fears the big bad VEGANS!! Matter of fact, you will prove it AGAIN in 10..9..8..7..6...
come on widdle impotent johnny, we know you are slobbering over your filthy keyboard waiting to throw another hissy fit!!!

“I surived”

#18 Nov 16, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
<quoted text>
it wasn't a human. It was just an irrelevant dog. It does not have any benefit to society beyond the emotional bond with the owner. Since the dog's death and/or suffering did not have a detrimental effect on society, it really isn't something the criminal system should be dealt with in the criminal system. The civil system seems much more relevant for this behavior. If I were on a jury in this case (criminal system) I would absolutely vote "not guilty" as I would not be able to sleep at not for putting someone in prison for this behavior that is not dangerous to society. JMO.

“I surived”

#19 Nov 16, 2012
NavyVet wrote:
Once again, we are not talking about family members. We are talking about dogs.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#23 Nov 16, 2012
<quoted text>WRONG as always and YOU are irrelevant. A dogs' life has far more value than an idiot corpse eating, animal hating PoS like you.
Your lunacy mirrors precisely the human-hating degenerates the author refers to.

http://www.pulpless.com/jneil/fifty.html

Joe USA

“"Fortitudine Vincimus"”

Since: Oct 09

USA

#24 Nov 16, 2012
PSYCHO karma kook named HUNTERS ARE PSYCHOPATHS wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG as always and YOU are irrelevant. A dogs' life has far more value than an idiot corpse eating, animal hating PoS like you. Get lost, you worthless PoS TROLL because NO ONE here of sane mind gives a sh#t and you simply do not matter. Face reality for once in your pointless 'life'.
Any *sane* person would save the Human, even if it were you, PSYCHO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grab a Pussy!': PETA Billboards Urging Pet Adop... (Oct '16) 1 hr Nurse Suzie 1,285
Good Samaritan Saves Tangled Squirrel King From... Wed Common Sense 2
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) May 23 Twigeater 979
News Man pleads not guilty in East Palo Alto cockfig... May 16 un agenda 21 7
News Are pigs people too? Here's what the judge in t... May 6 Common Sense 2
News Canadian Court Clears Activist Who Gave Water T... May 5 Milton courthouse 1
News Judge acquits woman who gave water to pigs head... May 5 Milton courthouse 1
More from around the web