Dozens of wild animals shot dead in small Ohio town

Oct 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The London News.Net

The Human Society of the United States has publicly defended the decision by Ohio authorities to shoot dead dozens of rare wild animals, saying that their actions were necessary.

Comments
1 - 20 of 452 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2012
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Deep

Guwahati, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

if the orders are necessary to shoot the innocent animals...then it is very important to shoot yourself because you have gone mad
PAWS

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Just another excuse so these "cops" can play rambo. Why another zoo didn't offer to step in is beyond me. I'm against zoo's anyways because animals should not have to suffer for the sake of dumb @ss peoples enjoyment. If the state of Ohio does nothing to put in place a law banning exotic animals after all this Ohio should be on the list of the top most retarded states in the U.S.

I pray for these animals and may they go to a better place. Screw the police for killing them and the state of Ohio for allowing this to even happen in the first place!

People are dumb.

Lets make this a prayer thread for the animals and if you have any nice thoughts for them say it here!
UNCLE BOB

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

PAWS wrote:
Just another excuse so these "cops" can play rambo. Why another zoo didn't offer to step in is beyond me. I'm against zoo's anyways because animals should not have to suffer for the sake of dumb @ss peoples enjoyment. If the state of Ohio does nothing to put in place a law banning exotic animals after all this Ohio should be on the list of the top most retarded states in the U.S.
I pray for these animals and may they go to a better place. Screw the police for killing them and the state of Ohio for allowing this to even happen in the first place!
People are dumb.
Lets make this a prayer thread for the animals and if you have any nice thoughts for them say it here!
Animals suck. They smell bad but some of them are good to eat.

They make good targets for hunters. I will say a prayer for a good deer harvest this fall in Ohio.

When you see a deer you probably think of Bambi. When I see a deer I think about my crock pot.

However, you are correct about Ohio. They need to do better and get "Strickland's Law" back on the books concerning exotic animals. When tigers, lions and bears "Oh My" get loose they could put a large dent in the deer population. Hunters don't need the competition.

Melissa

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Hey uncle dumb@ss

If your so tough in hunting animals why don't you leave al your weapons and camo at home and kill one with your bare hands? Hunters are nothing but p@ssies and anyone who has to kill an animal with a weapon is not but.

Chase one down and kill it with your bare hands and I will shake your hand personally and call you brave.

Coward.
parent

Sugarcreek, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

feel so sad for these animal, just wished they could of been caught and taken to a zoo where they would of been taken care of. I hate to see this happen, seem like they were well taken care of and owner did care for them. To bad the owner had to shot himself, not a good way to go. Always loved going to the zoo, precious animals and so cute.
sorry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

I just would like to know how a person spends 1yr in jail and gets out and still has anything. Who took care of the animals while he was in jail, it cant be cheap to feed and the up keep. Someone answer me that. Theres freakin people out here that are having trouble feeding there kids, but this man can go to jail for a year and these animals took care of themselfs what the hell. This must be the dumbest state and county around. As for having to shoot them who gives a sh!t if one of them had been crossing my yard I would have shot it for them
tuto

San Carlos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

I wonder what will be life like without animals, and what humans are going to eat ones they are gone.
too many excused of a human beings harming beautiful animals in the name of protecting the excused of a human beings.
disgusting news.
Hungry Hippo

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

PAWS wrote:
People are dumb.
Because the cops got the orders to shoot and kill on sight before any zoos were notified of the mass escape. They needed an excuse to go out and play shoot 'em up w/out any repercussions of using weapons. They didn't want qualified animal experts to ruin their fun.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Moe wrote:
<quoted text>Drink more,post less!!!!!
Smoke more crack, post less.

This thread is completely stupid and uneducated. Y'all do realize one of the large cats charged at several people in all of this, right? And one of the monkeys was infected with Hep B, which is quite dangerous to humans, right?

Read some in-depth news, get the press releases for this (they were all one line), figure it out.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

^^on line^^

See local Columbus press outlets: Dispatch, TV4, TV10, The Wilds. Don't have URLs handy, but you can easily google. The Columbus press did an extensive job of covering this situation.
Hungry Hippo

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke more crack, post less.
This thread is completely stupid and uneducated. Y'all do realize one of the large cats charged at several people in all of this, right? And one of the monkeys was infected with Hep B, which is quite dangerous to humans, right?
Read some in-depth news, get the press releases for this (they were all one line), figure it out.
give us a credible source that can confirm the Macaque Monkey had the Hep

some loser on another site was trying to say a bear mauled a deputy before he shot it to death - that tard is confusing an incident from August where a worker was kiled by a bear at some OTHER animal place
stax

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

You hillapes elected the officials who set the whole scenario up. Hell, if the officials were addressing the situation several times prior.....why not something done? Why in the hell would you (a represented voting body) allow someone to keep an endangered wild (big tiger) animal....and then let some bunch of jackass cowboy, trigger happy goons destroy the innocent creatures. Prison time was given to a do fighter. You people, your lawmakers, and law enforcement are no better. SHAME ON YOU!!!!! You are sorry humans.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Hungry Hippo wrote:
<quoted text>
give us a credible source that can confirm the Macaque Monkey had the Hep
some loser on another site was trying to say a bear mauled a deputy before he shot it to death - that tard is confusing an incident from August where a worker was kiled by a bear at some OTHER animal place
Well I don't know who the loser on another site means.

But here are the news releases from the region that I've seen. I live not too far from here, am a central Ohio resident.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/19/video-ne...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...

So yes, you are very right in that there are conflicting reports about any possible viri being carried by the monkey. It's possible we'll never know that detail.

But, the incident occurred very close to I70, and it is heavily travelled. Major truck route. Very close to schools and residential area. At night. Doesn't any believe this to have been a dangerous situation and that while killing these animals was probably not a happy event, it was done in the name of protection?

But Jack Hanna and The Wilds are negotiating with this loon's widow to get the animals into some type of protective custody.

Admittedly, this guy was a lunatic. Our laws here are non-existent regarding exotic animal ownership.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

PAWS wrote:
People are dumb.
Jack Hanna, Director Emeritus of the Columbus Zoo was there directing safety officers and helping. So was the The Wilds (see www.thewilds.org ). The widow has full legal ownership of the animals so the zoos cannot take custody of the animals, although Hanna and the Wilds are negotiating with the woman. Please read the news thoroughly before making such uninformed comments.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

stax wrote:
You hillapes elected the officials who set the whole scenario up. Hell, if the officials were addressing the situation several times prior.....why not something done? Why in the hell would you (a represented voting body) allow someone to keep an endangered wild (big tiger) animal....and then let some bunch of jackass cowboy, trigger happy goons destroy the innocent creatures. Prison time was given to a do fighter. You people, your lawmakers, and law enforcement are no better. SHAME ON YOU!!!!! You are sorry humans.
So do you always stereotype a large population of folks so? There are 12M in this state.

Since: Apr 10

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Melissa wrote:
Hey uncle dumb@ss
If your so tough in hunting animals why don't you leave al your weapons and camo at home and kill one with your bare hands? Hunters are nothing but p@ssies and anyone who has to kill an animal with a weapon is not but.
Chase one down and kill it with your bare hands and I will shake your hand personally and call you brave.
Coward.
Why do that when nature has blessed you with a brain?
rose red

Stilwell, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

I am sorry that this happened to so many animals, but the law officers are out there, trying to protect the public when there is a threat. I would have called this a threat. By the time zoo and wild life officials could be notified and get there, some of the animals could have been miles away. How many innocent peoples lives would have been at stake? What would a home owner have done if one of the animals had their livestock, pets or even a family member, cornered or under attack?
We need to think about all of the what if's, and be thankful this didn't happen.
GoneAway

Prague, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

So, can I shoot any animal that scares me without prosecution?

Can I shoot wild black bear when I see them roaming around looking at me? Afterall, we've gotta save lives and humans come 1st!

What a joke of an excuse, total copout.
Hungry Hippo

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal, there are hundreds of thousands of people in the USA with Hep B, should we shoot them on sight too?
What about those with Hep C? Pam Anderson, Natasha Lyonne, Jim Nabors, Ken Watanabe, Greg Allman, Natalie Cole, Naomi Judd, Anthony Kedis, Keith Richards, Steven Tyler,

Over 100 million Chinamen have HepB, you have a better chance of getting it from one of them than the monkey

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Hungry Hippo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal, there are hundreds of thousands of people in the USA with Hep B, should we shoot them on sight too?
What about those with Hep C? Pam Anderson, Natasha Lyonne, Jim Nabors, Ken Watanabe, Greg Allman, Natalie Cole, Naomi Judd, Anthony Kedis, Keith Richards, Steven Tyler,
Over 100 million Chinamen have HepB, you have a better chance of getting it from one of them than the monkey
`

I was simply relaying information that was in the press.

As far as I'm concerned, you can shoot Keith Richards. He's one ugly SOB and should have died years ago due to his unrelenting drug use, which probably was a factor in his Hep B infection.

You do understand the full situation of the matter, right? Or are you just jumping on an ARA bandwagon and shooting from the hip without any insight?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••