PETA hopes billboards spark controver...

PETA hopes billboards spark controversy at Thanksgiving dinner tables

There are 74 comments on the Prince George Citizen story from Sep 27, 2012, titled PETA hopes billboards spark controversy at Thanksgiving dinner tables. In it, Prince George Citizen reports that:

The billboards, which will also run in Winnipeg and Ottawa, will read: 'Kids, if you wouldn't eat your dog, why eat a turkey? Go vegan.' Lauren Stroyeck of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says the ad's intent is to get children and their parents thinking about why some animals are consumed as food but not others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Prince George Citizen.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#34 Oct 2, 2012
QWERTY wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was not on the validity of the argument, but on passing off someone else's words as your own. But if you wish me to comment on the validity of the notion that plants are sentient life forms, then here goes:
There is no credible scientific evidence to support this idea.
From Wikipedia (the preferred source of posters on this forum):
Plant perception or biocommunication is the idea that plants are sentient, that they respond to humans in a manner that amounts to ESP and that they experience pain and fear. The theory is dismissed by scientists as plants lack a nervous system.
http://metabiological.wordpress.com/2011/02/1...
http://skepdic.com/plants.html
Was that so hard? Instead of talking about core issues you attempt to attack others instead. Perhaps you should stick to the issues.

“I beleave in reason not god”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#35 Oct 22, 2012
vegan wrote:
<quoted text>
No we were natural scavengers, eating other predators left overs. That made our Brains bigger we got smarter and then became predators. Without eating meat and wearing furs, we would have never evolved to the level we have. Giving idiots like you the chance to choose not to eat meat. We are primates, almost all primates eat meat, whether it be animal or insect.
what about the one that died from a eating a vegan diet.
student

Costa Mesa, CA

#36 Oct 23, 2012
Stanley Dobbs wrote:
This is interesting. Hunter, please explain how eating plant life is correct and why you feel that they don't deserve the right to live. Vegan, please explain why hunter deserves to push their ideas as the only correct ones.
First of all: I honestly do not see why someone's personal dietary decisions are so threatening to you. If someone chooses not to eat meat and/or animal products then why does that bother you?

Secondly: Just so you know: Plants do not have a central nervous system. Therefore, they cannot feel pain like animals can.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#37 Oct 23, 2012
WRONG. we were NOT natural scavengers, we scavenged when we had no other choice! BIG difference, but a corpse eating brain dead m o r o n like you wouldn't know the difference between what is NATURAL and what may have been an only choice for a period of time. Some of us are smart enough to think for ourselves and we learned that we thrive far more healthfully on the NATURAL
based diet. It takes INTELLIGENCE to be vegan...that's why it is waaaaayyyyyy above your empty head!

FYI- less than 1.4% of what chimpanzees eat is NOT vegetation. You wouldnt know this because all the corpse consumption has blocked your ability to think rationally or logically. Go eat some more decomposing corpses, because the more corpses you eat, the sooner you will stop wasting space.

Location hidden

#38 Oct 23, 2012
student wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all: I honestly do not see why someone's personal dietary decisions are so threatening to you. If someone chooses not to eat meat and/or animal products then why does that bother you?
Secondly: Just so you know: Plants do not have a central nervous system. Therefore, they cannot feel pain like animals can.
thank you. some more irresponsible semi-lucid hypocritical mush from the DUMBYist trolls that infest this board.

Location hidden

#39 Oct 23, 2012
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>The theory that humans are not omnivores is also dismissed by science. Just saying.
precisely wrong kiss of dunce. must be the junkscientist in you my severely deluded friend. totally. obtuse. bunkum.
HAC is a scumbag

Chatham, UK

#40 Oct 23, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
WRONG. we were NOT natural scavengers, we scavenged when we had no other choice! BIG difference, but a corpse eating brain dead m o r o n like you wouldn't know the difference between what is NATURAL and what may have been an only choice for a period of time. Some of us are smart enough to think for ourselves and we learned that we thrive far more healthfully on the NATURAL
based diet. It takes INTELLIGENCE to be vegan...that's why it is waaaaayyyyyy above your empty head!
FYI- less than 1.4% of what chimpanzees eat is NOT vegetation. You wouldnt know this because all the corpse consumption has blocked your ability to think rationally or logically. Go eat some more decomposing corpses, because the more corpses you eat, the sooner you will stop wasting space.
Awwwww, is HAC angry again? Poor little chimp.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 Oct 23, 2012
^^the witless, self humiliating ever flailing/FAILING loser troll from the UK^^ is STILL obsessing over me so much that the moron wants for mojo to be me too!! Stick to decorating posts, you effing pitiful mentally disturbed idiot. Go get the psychiatric help you need and quit wasting space with your asinine OBSESSED trash. Don't forget to decorate!
stupid, stupid wretched BORE
HAC is a scumbag

Chatham, UK

#42 Oct 23, 2012
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
^^the witless, self humiliating ever flailing/FAILING loser troll from the UK^^ is STILL obsessing over me so much that the moron wants for mojo to be me too!! Stick to decorating posts, you effing pitiful mentally disturbed idiot. Go get the psychiatric help you need and quit wasting space with your asinine OBSESSED trash. Don't forget to decorate!
stupid, stupid wretched BORE
You gave yourself away, you silly little chimp. There is no point denying it.

Its funny how you have to resort to creating accounts, pretending to be some else and then agreeing with your own posts to make people believe others agree with/support you lol. You're such a deranged freak.

Dont forget to give me several decorations again, hypocrite ;)
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#43 Oct 23, 2012
I am a loser wanker from the UK who is a scumbag wrote:
<quoted text> You gave yourself away, you silly little chimp. There is no point denying it.
Its funny how you have to resort to creating accounts, pretending to be some else and then agreeing with your own posts to make people believe others agree with/support you lol. You're such a deranged freak.
Dont forget to give me several decorations again, hypocrite ;)
Hey M O R O N, I didn't give anything away except the FACT that you are a mentally disturbed, OBSESSED loser troll. You are a freak. An obsessed, mentally disturbed freak and you need SERIOUS psychiatric help. Get lost and quit wasting space on these forums, you OBSESSED pathetic loser TROLL. Gonna obsess and beg some more? Of course you are, you are a MENTALLY DISTURBED M O R O N and you will prove it in 10..9..8..7..6...
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#44 Oct 23, 2012
Oh and don't forget to decorate and try to MIMIC me....because after all, I am all you obsess about!'tis true!
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#45 Oct 23, 2012
LOL, the asinine post #40 got THREE "brilliants" and THREE "funny" decorations???LOL, now THAT is a dead giveaway that the pathetic wanker is somehow decorating it's own posts because NO ONE in their right mind would waste their time decorating such an asinine post. Get the psychiatric help you desperately need IMMEDIATELY.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#46 Oct 23, 2012
and the loser wanker from the UK keeps on a decorating! Get psychiatric help IMMEDIATELY....but before you get help, may I please have extra dim bulbs, spam and nuts? Thanks.

#47 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
WRONG. we were NOT natural scavengers, we scavenged when we had no other choice! BIG difference, but a corpse eating brain dead m o r o n like you wouldn't know the difference between what is NATURAL and what may have been an only choice for a period of time.
You mean a "period of time" as in millions and millions of years?

#48 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
WRONG. we were NOT natural scavengers, we scavenged when we had no other choice!
Perhaps you don't understand what "natural" means. If you did, you wouldn't be saying this statement or anything else in the rest of your post. Perhaps you could benefit from taking a course on evolution, biology or something. You don't appear to have even a basic understanding of the terminology and/or principles.

Location hidden

#49 Oct 24, 2012
I guess some corpse eating animal murdering psychopath COWARDS like you don't know that humans are NOT natural predators. We all know that cowards like you are insecure, and completely clueless. We also know that you obsess over ANIMAL RIGHTS day in and day out because you fear ARAs and you prove it every day!

Happy and Healthy VEGAN Children are taught to have compassion and empathy for ALL animals

http://www.worldanimalfoundation.net/f/VeganC...

It takes INTELLIGENCE to be a healthy, thriving vegan and that's why slobs like you don't get it and you never will!

Enjoy your next uncontrollable cowardly temper tantrum!

#50 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
I guess some corpse eating animal murdering psychopath COWARDS like you don't know that humans are NOT natural predators. We all know that cowards like you are insecure, and completely clueless. We also know that you obsess over ANIMAL RIGHTS day in and day out because you fear ARAs and you prove it every day!
Happy and Healthy VEGAN Children are taught to have compassion and empathy for ALL animals
It takes INTELLIGENCE to be a healthy, thriving vegan and that's why slobs like you don't get it and you never will!
See, you still don't know what "natural" means. Following a vegan diet is "unnatural" as one needs to take B12 supplements for proper nutrition. Taking supplements is not natural. Getting B12 and other nutrients from natural sources is. Like I said earlier, take a basic biology and/or evolution course. you lack even a basic understanding of the basic terms.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#51 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
haha....thanks my friend!:) Unbelievable how many posts the crybaby trolls whine to the mods about. I feel sorry for the mods for having to deal with the whiny trolls.
hunters are COWARDS

Virginia Beach, VA

#52 Oct 24, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you still don't know what "natural" means. Following a vegan diet is "unnatural" as one needs to take B12 supplements for proper nutrition. Taking supplements is not natural. Getting B12 and other nutrients from natural sources is. Like I said earlier, take a basic biology and/or evolution course. you lack even a basic understanding of the basic terms.
for crissakes just stfu you pitiful, witless whiny beotch. We're sick of your sorry crybaby fat ass wasting space. Get lost, TROLL. You know NOTHING about being VEGAN because being vegan takes INTELLIGENCE. Fat ass slobs like you sit on your ugly asses bitching and whining about things and people you know NOTHING about. Go eat your rotting corpses, and be sure to eat several rotting corpses because the more corpses you eat the sooner your worthless ass will stop wasting space on the planet.

Location hidden

#53 Oct 24, 2012
witless bore wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong. instant fail. the word natural can have many meanings, depending on context and usage.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nat...

but in this case i'm sure it means either normal or derived from nature.

this definition from wikipedia for natural foods is quite interesting, as it highlights the inappropriate and basically useless definitions for natural and organic, as it applies to consumer goods and foodstuffs here in the united states.

“Natural foods” and “all natural foods” are widely used terms in food labeling and marketing with a variety of definitions, most of which are vague. The term is assumed to imply foods that are minimally processed and do not contain manufactured ingredients, but the lack of standards in most jurisdictions means that the term assures nothing. The term “organic” has similar implications and has an established legal definition in many countries and an international standard. In some places, the term “natural” is defined and enforced. In others, such as the United States, it has no meaning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_foods

so yeah thanks for proving once again that you are a witless and delusional "brain on dead" superficial idiot. and your cherished trollspew is pathetic and obscene, fodder for dull and apathetic minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner accused of abusing Chihuahua in South Pas... 3 hr Poppyann 1
News FBI's New System Will Track Animal Cruelty 3 hr Poppyann 1
News Harshvardhan Rane draws attention to abused ele... 3 hr Poppyann 1
News Norristown man who brutalized dog after breakin... 15 hr Squach 21
I Demand The Right 16 hr Snert 35
News Rescue Groups Search for Cat in 'Disturbing' Bo... 19 hr Poppyann 8
News Shooting victim arrested in case of badly emaci... Mon Virginia Vegetarian 6
More from around the web