Bird strike by vehicle in Long Beach, Wash.: 92 dead, $5,500 reward

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Oregonian

A total of 93 Dunlin, a small Sandpiper-like bird, were killed on Thursday on the Long Beach Peninsula in Washington.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2013
Emanuel McCray

Portland, OR

#1 Jan 4, 2013
This story is a hoax! This is like a lone drive-by shooter (truck in this case) taking out 92 humans in a single pass without any of them being smart enough to run, but most importantly, all were killed. No survivors. No witnesses. No one found in the area with non-life threatening injuries. So in other words, the ones that did not escape, died at the scene. However, under Washington law, it is still a crime to mistreat a dead animal. Section 16.52.205 of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) establishes the crime of “animal cruelty in the first degree.” RCW § 16.52.205(8)(a) provides that the term ‘“Animal” means every creature, either alive or dead, other than a human being.”
Under RCW § 16.52.205(1):“A person is guilty of animal cruelty in the first degree when, except as authorized in law, he or she intentionally (a) inflicts substantial pain on,(b) causes physical injury to, or (c) kills an animal by a means causing undue suffering, or forces a minor to inflict unnecessary pain, injury, or death on an animal.”
Under RCW § 16.52.205(2):“A person is guilty of animal cruelty in the first degree when, except as authorized by law, he or she, with criminal negligence, starves, dehydrates, or suffocates an animal and as a result causes:(a) Substantial and unjustifiable physical pain that extends for a period sufficient to cause considerable suffering; or (b) death.”
Under RCW § 16.52.205(4):“Animal cruelty in the first degree is a class C felony.”
So there you have it, a hoax that is still a crime because the birds were mistreated. I wonder if the people behind this crime ever thought about the laws?

“Scabies are people too!”

Since: Apr 11

Killing scabies IS MURDER!

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Emanuel McCray wrote:
provides that the term ‘“Animal” means every creature, either alive or dead, other than a human being.”
So you can't use bee and/or ant spray in Oregon? I would really suck to live there.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2013
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Keep This Going Around The World - This ... 8 hr Rukidding 533
Severely burned dog found in Fort Myers 9 hr honesty2010 78
Caging of dog 9 hr honesty2010 5
No Charges For Farm Owner in Cow Beating Video (Jul '10) 13 hr honesty2010 13
I need YOUR help! Please. 13 hr Colonel Sanders 6
ANIMAL ABUSERS!! Demand the LA Zoo stops using ... Wed Tribket84 1
Humane society helps with animal hoarding case ... Wed Oh my 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••