Petition: Tennessee teens charged in ...

Petition: Tennessee teens charged in brutal torture of a puppy

There are 2183 comments on the Examiner.com story from May 22, 2012, titled Petition: Tennessee teens charged in brutal torture of a puppy. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

In a report from WBBJ TV ABC News , two teens from Dresden, Tennessee have been charged in the brutal May 15, 2012 torture and death of a 4-month-old Saint Bernard puppy.A Now a petition is being circulated, asking that justice be served for this innocent puppy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

naacp

Lexington, TN

#2285 Sep 16, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>But here's the thing.
What if one of your kids or your grand kids did some stupid cruel thing to some animal once in their lives? Don't say it can't happen because it just takes one weak minded kid in bad company.
Then what? Kill them for a first offence over a dog?
You've said your parents "parents raised me to NOT TORTURE PUPPIES".
So did mine.
Not everybody is as lucky as us.
No, these kids need stern treatment and rehabilitation immediately before they turn on people. Prison or worse is not the way.
You sir, are dead wrong. I know without a doubt that my children will NEVER torture a defenseless animal for any reason. Functional members of society do not do this. Preston Odle and Levi Evans will never be functional. They will be labeled for the rest of their lives and rightfully so. When they get out of prison I hope they move right next door to you and then we will all get to see how much they have been rehabilitated. Do you have pets? Or better yet children? These two rank right up there with pedophiles. I would never feel safe around them EVER. I know many, MANY others that feel the same. That makes rehabilitation into REAL society unthinkable.
doe

Lexington, TN

#2286 Sep 16, 2012
John wrote:
What if one of your kids or your grand kids did some stupid cruel thing to some animal once in their lives? Don't say it can't happen because it just takes one weak minded kid in bad company.
So did mine.
No, these kids need stern treatment and rehabilitation immediately before they turn on people. Prison or worse is not the way.
You don't get it. At this age, they cannot blame anyone but themselves. I HAVE taught my kids better but I feel confident that my kids would NEVER TORTURE A PUPPY or any other living creature even if I never told them it's wrong. They are functional members of the HUMAN RACE! Rootword for "humane". THAT'S what sets us apart from the other animals. Those two lost their place in line with us. NOW, once they've done their time, they have to go to the back of the line. Behind those of us that do not think it is fun to TORTURE A PUPPY! Get real. How do you rehab THAT? I agree with the other guy. Let them live by you. With your wife, children and PETS. Otherwise, stick them in a cell and THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!!
doe

Lexington, TN

#2287 Sep 16, 2012
John wrote:
So did mine.
Most crimes are committed out of greed, jealousy, passion, fear, etc... This crime was strictly for entertainment. How can you defend that? They brutally inflicted hours of pain and eventually death on a defenseless puppy just for the sheer enjoyment of it. I pity YOU for defending that. Please keep your children away from mine if that is what you will be teaching them to defend. Most attorneys wouldn't even want to do that. Especially for free.
John from Martin

United States

#2288 Sep 17, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
But here's the thing.
So did mine.
Very few on these threads have called for these boys to be killed over this...just be punished in accordance with the law.

If I had a son(or daughter) that did something similar, I would expect him to man-up and face the consequences.

BTW..Australia has substantial punishment for animal cruelty also

Jail from 1 to 5 years and fines up to $50,000 depending on the state

6ft7man

United States

#2289 Sep 17, 2012
A standing ovation for doe, prep for dep, no one special and forgotten faith. Very well put friends. Some would like to try to make those of us who are sickened by the criminal acts of those two out to be the reasons why this crime was commited and then say it wasnt that bad of a crime. John, this happened in our own back yard so to speak. Your a half a world away with no concern for anyone in this area and probally no real concern for how this turns out here in court. We are the residents of this area, this is our home. We do not want people who have obvious violent streaks running around killing puppies or any type of other animal just for the sick enjoyment of watching it die.
6ft7man

United States

#2290 Sep 17, 2012
LOL, I will take the grammer lesson into consideration John...arse, I like thst. lol I did get a little cranky, ha an x bothering me just before getting on here, didnt hold my breath and count to ten, lol,Ten? Dont think counting to a thousand would have helped. I apologize for letting that bleed over into this thread. Have a good day John.
Justice

United States

#2291 Sep 17, 2012
This cause is not about hunting, this cause is about the two criminals, Preston Odle, and Levi evans who tortured and brutally killed a defenseless puppy. The cause is now about seeking REAL justice for these offenders. Everyone who cares about animals needs to be at the Court House by 9 a.m., in Dresden, Tn., for the sentencing of these criminals. It is as simple as that.
puppy love

United States

#2292 Sep 18, 2012
Any updates?
I have been reading through the posts here (skipping lots of trollish stuff). I am disgusted by these men and worried that our justice system doesn't have an effective way to deal with psychopaths. There isn't a treatment or a punishment that will act to deter escalation. Sad and frightening.
No one special

Cookeville, TN

#2293 Sep 18, 2012
puppy love wrote:
Any updates?
I have been reading through the posts here (skipping lots of trollish stuff). I am disgusted by these men and worried that our justice system doesn't have an effective way to deal with psychopaths. There isn't a treatment or a punishment that will act to deter escalation. Sad and frightening.
There won't be any updates on the case until sentencing occurs on November 8th.
hmmmmmm

Johnson City, TN

#2294 Sep 19, 2012
I agree 6'7'.thanks, and once again I saw no mob mentality in that courtroom
hmmmmmm

Johnson City, TN

#2295 Sep 19, 2012
6ft7man wrote:
Hmmmmm, it was most deffinately a pleasure to meet you too. I have to say that our mutual friend said you were pretty but she didnt say just how pretty. You know, looking up there at them during the hearing they looked like a couple of 12 year old kids. If they do get sent off they sure are going to be very popular in their new temporary home. Kind of funny how all the threats stopped after folks realized who I was. I'm sure a lot of them have seen me around dresden quite a bit. Anyway, you most deffinately put a smile on my face, thank you for that.
thanks
Justice

United States

#2296 Sep 19, 2012
PLEASE, everyone be at the Dresden Court House, on November 8, by 9 a.m. for the sentencing of these two criminals, Preston Odle and Levi Evans. We will be there at 8 a.m., and we are requesting the court yard be full of people standing quietly against animal cruelty. We are standing in favor of the Max. sentence allowed by law which is 2 years behind bars and 3,000 fine...no probation, diversion or community service.

Please be there. Every person counts!
Lisa

Pottstown, PA

#2297 Oct 6, 2012
Geez! There are some real morons in this forum. A quote by Mark Twain comes to mind, "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.".

Generally speaking, this world is overpopulated. Personally speaking, this world would only be better off without these assholes. If justice is not served, I hope fate will intervene. Karma's only a bitch if you are.

Apparently some people here are unfamiliar with the English language. Here is the definition of "Innocent".

in·no·cent&#8194; &#8194;[in-uh-suhnt] adjective
1. free from moral wrong; without sin; pure: innocent children.
2. free from legal or specific wrong; guiltless: innocent of the crime.
3. not involving evil intent or motive: an innocent misrepresentation.
4. not causing physical or moral injury; harmless: innocent fun.

I'm not a college graduate, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the word "innocent" and anything related to these bastards cannot be used in conjunction with one another. They are a waste of good oxygen. Soldiers give their lives every day so that pieces of shit like these two are able to experience freedom. Abusing that privilege in this manner is a complete slap in their faces.

A dog is as much a living creature as a human. They have feelings, personalities, and feel pain and suffering just as you and I. For anyone NOT to be disgusted, outraged and angry over Puppy Doe is nauseating in and of itself. I don't give a crap where you are from or what you believe in. Pain and suffering are pain and suffering! Period. How would you tolerate the torture this poor creature endured?

I have 3 children and they would never think of doing something so brutal. It's just not normal or acceptable. I have no desire for these degenerate barbarians to be roaming the streets freely (with myself and my law abiding loved ones) and left to their own devices - they clearly don't deserve freedom and can't handle the responsibility of having it. They have nothing positive to contribute to this planet. They should do the rest of the world a favor and torture themselves to death.

As far as the whole, my-life-has-been-so-hard defense? I don't effin think so. Google Dave Pelzer. He's not a monster and HE had a hard childhood.

Rest in Peace sweet little puppy. You are loved.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#2298 Oct 6, 2012
Lisa wrote:
Geez! There are some real morons in this forum.
A dog is as much a living creature as a human. They have feelings, personalities, and feel pain and suffering just as you and I.
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I saw my neighbor with ant spray killing and entire nest of ants. Totally disgusting. ANTS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!
Asswind Detector

San Antonio, TX

#2299 Oct 6, 2012
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I saw my neighbor with ant spray killing and entire nest of ants. Totally disgusting. ANTS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!!
LMAO !
Mom

Roseville, MI

#2300 Oct 8, 2012
Seeing as Weakley County's only concern is the meth that is being made, this verdict doesn't suprise me in the least. They let a mother being charged with severe child abuse off with a pat on the wrist, for the sole fact that she turned snich to save her sorry behind. A 7yr old's molester won't b charged for the same reason. Those police officals in that county are more worried about actually having to earn their pay, instead of standing behind the reasons they aquired that badge to begin with. Unfortunatly, you would have to add the judges & lawyers to the list as well. So glad i moved.
Mom

Roseville, MI

#2301 Oct 8, 2012
Asswind Detector wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO !
so not funny... but i feed mine crumbs so they stay outside..lmao

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#2302 Oct 8, 2012
Mom wrote:
<quoted text> so not funny... but i feed mine crumbs so they stay outside..lmao
I feed my fire ants Amdro and it works great cuz it kills the queen too. LMAO !
inbreeders

United States

#2303 Oct 8, 2012
Only stupidass hillbillies would equate killing ants with what those shitstains did to that puppy

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#2304 Oct 8, 2012
inbreeders wrote:
Only stupidass hillbillies would equate killing ants with what those shitstains did to that puppy
It's all a matter of perception, isn't it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop him a line and let him know how you feel a... 3 hr Cat Lover 35
fox hunting vicars Sat Squach 4
New society where animal cruelty is eradicated Aug 26 Squach 6
News Leaving a dog in a hot car in Michigan could se... Aug 26 Squach 704
Medway council visited me after complaint . Aug 23 Captain Obvious 2
News #EndDogFighting campaign launched by Ontario SPCA Aug 15 Phillip Penault ... 4
News Early Intervention: Animal abuse is a sure sign... Aug 4 lozzza 84
More from around the web