Severely burned dog found in Fort Myers

May 14, 2014 Full story: NBC2 News 80

Lee County Domestic Animal Services is investigating a case of animal cruelty after a severely burned dog found in Fort Myers last week.

Read more
proud

Rocklin, CA

#21 May 14, 2014
Wish I could get all the monsters who harm the poor animals of the world. I have to love for monsters, I like painful payback I have no problem with it. I monsters need to be hung upside down from a tall tree and beat with a bat. I not a sick person but I could do this and enjoy it since the LAWS ARE USELESS.
STD free

United States

#22 May 15, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>That is actually a myth that is not substantiated by research. There is not any scientifically validated evidence that suggests that abusing animals is a predictor of future human abuse.
You're terminally stupid here's your sign!!!!!

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#23 May 15, 2014
proud wrote:
Wish I could get all the monsters who harm the poor animals of the world. I have to love for monsters, I like painful payback I have no problem with it. I monsters need to be hung upside down from a tall tree and beat with a bat. I not a sick person but I could do this and enjoy it since the LAWS ARE USELESS.
Actually, if you truly believe this, you are a very sick and disturbed person. It is called sadism and it generally not believed to be a redeeming human quality.
Paulette

Valley Springs, CA

#24 May 15, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
By the same logic, shouldn't people who advocate doing this to other people suffer the same fate so they know how it feels? In your attempt to squelch animal abuse, you have become a far worse person than the person you despise. Doing this to an animal is one thing. Doing it to a fellow human is quite another.
If you think it is worse to do this to a human, Think again. This poor animal was defenseless and some sick, twisted person did this. If they are not stopped, it could be your child next time. Then I bet you would whine and cry that something shoud have been done before this. I still think an eye for an eye would go a long way towards stopping alot of crime in general. Nobody has to face any consequences these days.
keepitreal

Durham, NC

#25 May 15, 2014
usa rocks is a fu douche bag
Pandora

New York, NY

#26 May 15, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Any proof that burning animals is a danger to society?
your a sick individual..........I bet your an animal abuser someone should put you on fire
Aggs

Jamaica, NY

#27 May 15, 2014
How about catching the SOB and... euthanizing him/her? Animal cruelty must be taken seriously and must be punished as a very serious crime! Enough is enough! "Humans" are the only danger to this planet and yet our species is more intelligent ... Yeah, right? Sometimes it feels like our brains have been amputated! STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY! THROW SOBS IN JAIL OR EUTHANIZE THEM!!!!
Aggs

Jamaica, NY

#28 May 15, 2014
Paulette wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think it is worse to do this to a human, Think again. This poor animal was defenseless and some sick, twisted person did this. If they are not stopped, it could be your child next time. Then I bet you would whine and cry that something shoud have been done before this. I still think an eye for an eye would go a long way towards stopping alot of crime in general. Nobody has to face any consequences these days.
Absolutely agree with you! AN EYE FOR AN EYE! Animal cruelty is not taken seriously. Unless a child or an adult is hurt, then it gets everyone's attention. It is worse to abuse animals (and kids) as they cant speak for themselves and are defenseless. Catch the SOB(s) and simple - euthanize them. Enough with garbage!!!
j lee

Santa Clara, CA

#29 May 15, 2014
A corrupt DEA poisoned my dog to death because I called the San Francisco Attorney General's office to complain that the FBI and DEA where fabricating evidence and stealing from me. From the time I noticed something was wrong to the time he died at the vet, it took about 30 hours for my dog to die. Kirby suffered tremendously. 
The FBI and DEA are cowards.
Time to leak this information...
Several years ago when I was writing software for the NSA and DIA there was a rumor that several FBI and DEA agents had  been giving their drug addicted informants needles tainted with HIV and Hepatitis viruses.
Audio confirmation of Department of Justice employees  joking about committing crimes came from the warrant less wiretapping after 9/11. After 9/11 the NSA was ordered to and began data collection on local, state and federal police agencies.
There are multiple instances of other crimes, but this is the most egregious. Another one , involved using gang members to break into their suspect's homes and steal items and plant evidence.
janice

Coraopolis, PA

#30 May 15, 2014
Susan Pearson wrote:
Anyone who abuses animals should have the same thing done to them and see how they like it. I hope they get caught soon and I hope the dog will recover quickly.
find out who did this and set them on fire! I'll light the match!

#31 May 15, 2014
Paulette wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between human beings and animals. people recognize this difference. Just because you (or somebody) kills a mouse without a 2nd thought doesn't not mean that they do not empathize with humans. There is a lack of evidence to substantiate the claim that someone who harms animals will harm humans.

#32 May 15, 2014
Paulette wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think an eye for an eye would go a long way towards stopping alot of crime in general. Nobody has to face any consequences these days.
So if someone killed a child, then you should kill their child then someone would kill your child and then someone would kill that person's child. you think this is a good idea? Wow.

#33 May 15, 2014
Pandora wrote:
<quoted text>
your a sick individual..........I bet your an animal abuser someone should put you on fire
I point out that there is not a substatiated link from animal abuse to human abuse. Because I know this, I must be an animal abuser? Sorry but there is a huge problem with your logic. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I wish you were smarter.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#34 May 15, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I point out that there is not a substatiated link from animal abuse to human abuse. Because I know this, I must be an animal abuser? Sorry but there is a huge problem with your logic. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I wish you were smarter.
Shut the fck up, you scumbag p**sy. You have never been laid in your f/aggit life.
LIZ M

Coopersburg, PA

#35 May 15, 2014
I tend to think this may even have been some kids _aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa
LIZ M

Coopersburg, PA

#36 May 15, 2014
I tend to think that this may have been a group of kids?
decembergal58

Paterson, NJ

#37 May 15, 2014
Until people face up to the problems that happen everyday to other people nothing is going to change. What make's you think anything will get better, it wont. When people put a higher value on an animal's life then on a humans life, nothing will be different.

#38 May 16, 2014
decembergal58 wrote:
Until people face up to the problems that happen everyday to other people nothing is going to change. What make's you think anything will get better, it wont. When people put a higher value on an animal's life then on a humans life, nothing will be different.
According to people here, this makes you an animal abuser. The only logical thing to do is to tie animal abusers upside down and kill them slowly.

You are one of the few reasonable people on this site. Thank you for your contribution.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#39 May 16, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so intent on putting people in prison who aren't dangerous to society? Just because someone does something that evokes and angry response from you does not mean they should go to prison. You are a strange person.
Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with torture of animals, a training internship, so to speak. Today a dog or cat, tomorrow a kid on his way home from school or an unfortunate prostitute or local college coed.

If you think someone that finds fun at trying to viciously kill an innocent defenseless animal is NOT a future killer, then you better get really strong door locks.

#40 May 16, 2014
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with torture of animals, a training internship, so to speak. Today a dog or cat, tomorrow a kid on his way home from school or an unfortunate prostitute or local college coed.
If you think someone that finds fun at trying to viciously kill an innocent defenseless animal is NOT a future killer, then you better get really strong door locks.
Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with wearing shoes,

Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with living in a house,

Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with watching TV,

Almost any person who has become a serial killer or other violent danger to society usually begins with driving cars,

The reality is that being a serial killer predicts a history of driving cars, watching TV, living in a house, wearing shoes and abusing animals. However, the act of abusing animals, watching TV, living in a house and wearing shoes does not predict a future history of human abuse. There is not research that supports the contention that animal abuse predicts future human abuse. The only "logic" that suggest that is faulty logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Outside France, foodies are gorging themselves ... Wed Squach 11
News Northern NY pet shop shut down over abused kittens (Jul '13) Mar 24 Garrelis 13
Are dogs sentient beings Mar 23 puppylove197 1
Dogs rescued from S. Korean meat farms brought ... Mar 23 Emanuel 4
animal testing Mar 22 Independent1 13
Stop The Needless Slaughter Of Yellowstone Bison! Mar 19 Squach 215
Help - Large white ducks hanging in my back yar... Mar 16 common sense 4
More from around the web