Know the TRUTH
NoKillExposed

Gainesville, GA

#1 Nov 17, 2011
The truth is finally coming out about the infamous shelter "NoKill" agenda. It's being pushed to "divide and conquer" the true animal welfare community (rescues AND animal controls)- by the dog breeders and their "other allies".

People should know that a "NoKill" shelter KILLS animals. Any animal deemed, in their eyes, as "unadoptable" gets the needle. Or the gas.

Which dogs are being saved? Why, the puppymill and designer dog breeds, of course.

The rest are considered "unadoptable" or "untreatable" and then euth'd. i.e. blind, lame, missing limbs or eyes, too young, too old, diabetic, heartworm postive, flea/ticks, shy, aggressive, barkers, etc.

This is being done to create more demand for puppy mill and designer dog puppies. i.e. they are trying to turn animal controls into freakin' pet stores that sell Akc "pure breeds".

Anyone who can connect the dots can see this one for what it is.
gokeefe

Galloway, OH

#2 Nov 17, 2011
NoKillExposed wrote:
The truth is finally coming out about the infamous shelter "NoKill" agenda. It's being pushed to "divide and conquer" the true animal welfare community (rescues AND animal controls)- by the dog breeders and their "other allies".
People should know that a "NoKill" shelter KILLS animals. Any animal deemed, in their eyes, as "unadoptable" gets the needle. Or the gas.
Which dogs are being saved? Why, the puppymill and designer dog breeds, of course.
The rest are considered "unadoptable" or "untreatable" and then euth'd. i.e. blind, lame, missing limbs or eyes, too young, too old, diabetic, heartworm postive, flea/ticks, shy, aggressive, barkers, etc.
This is being done to create more demand for puppy mill and designer dog puppies. i.e. they are trying to turn animal controls into freakin' pet stores that sell Akc "pure breeds".
There *are* some no-kill shelters that technically live up to their name. I know of one. SISCA in Dayton/Montgomery Co. Ohio.

I have adopted animals there in the past.

There are a few big BUTS: these shelters rely heavily on volunteers to "foster" animals when the kennels get too full, particularly during "kitten season" (spring and summer) and donations. They do reserve the "right" to refuse animals that are brought in for adoption AND if animals are dropped off, I do know that SISCA would take the animals to the local county animal control shelters, where they were likely euthanized if not adopted within a week or two.

I don't believe we can really expect that all stray or abandoned dogs and cats can be adopted or saved from euthanasia. I don't think either that it's done deliberately to create demand for purebreds either. The market for purebreds has always been around due to interest in specific breeds and for specific purposes. You can't correlate one to the other.

Personally, have never had any interest for purebred dogs. Never had reason to. When the kids wanted pets, I took the route of less maintenance and lower costs and had some fine "mutts" through the years. Still, those who want specific breeds aren't the problems in my eyes.
gokeefe

Galloway, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2011
By "dropped off" above, I mean animals that were left there after hours, not voluntarily brought in my pet owners. Some people would dump unwanted puppies and kittens there at night or after the facility closed, knowing the animals were sick, had problems, or were just a nuisance and they didn't want to bother with the paperwork required.(Usually they were asked for a donation to help offset some costs and to provide some basic information, just in case an owner did come looking for their animals.)

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 21, 2011
NoKillExposed wrote:
I don't know where you get your information from, but it's wrong.

Contrary to what you've been told, no-kill shelters take in any breed. The ones who take in a specific breed are rescues, not no kill shelters, and neither support puppy mills. No kill shelters also take in cats, some even take in rabbits and other exotics.

The only agenda that the no kill movement has is to end the unnecessary killing of healthy pets.

The No Kill Declaration of the United States - http://www.nokilldeclaration.org/

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you get your information from, but it's wrong.
Contrary to what you've been told, no-kill shelters take in any breed. The ones who take in a specific breed are rescues, not no kill shelters, and neither support puppy mills. No kill shelters also take in cats, some even take in rabbits and other exotics.
The only agenda that the no kill movement has is to end the unnecessary killing of healthy pets.
The No Kill Declaration of the United States - http://www.nokilldeclaration.org/
You wouldn't know the truth if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to..........well.......you know the rest. You are so overwhelmed by AR propaganda and your own lies that the truth is beyond your ability to recognize it. Too bad this isn't THE WORLD ACCORDING TO LIDDY, eh?

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#6 Nov 21, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't know the truth if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to..........well.......you know the rest. You are so overwhelmed by AR propaganda and your own lies that the truth is beyond your ability to recognize it. Too bad this isn't THE WORLD ACCORDING TO LIDDY, eh?
Says the old fool with his foot in his mouth. Have you been up all night again grandpa?

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#7 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the old fool with his foot in his mouth. Have you been up all night again grandpa?
Just another of your obfuscations. You have issues with truth and reality. That is your cross to bear and no one else's.

Boggy Creek

#8 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Just hate it when I'm right, don't you? I'm not a grandfather, truth be known, I'm probably less than ten years older than you. You're no high school student mamasita, you're a 30-something, frustrated, single woman with an over developed mommy complex. You fool no one with your masquerade.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text> Just hate it when I'm right, don't you? I'm not a grandfather, truth be known, I'm probably less than ten years older than you. You're no high school student mamasita, you're a 30-something, frustrated, single woman with an over developed mommy complex. You fool no one with your masquerade.
Okay, Mr. Insipid, you know all, happy? Your pretentiousness is nauseating.

Boggy Creek

#10 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Mr. Insipid, you know all, happy? Your pretentiousness is nauseating.
Sorry dear, you seem to have a monopoly on pretentiousness around here. I have not, at any time, attempted to dictate your diet so your nausea is not my fault. Try respecting the rights of others humans to live their lives as they freely choose and you may find that your nausea level will subside. If you continue to insist that you are in possession of the ONLY answer while the vast majority of the the human race is wrong it is to be expected that you will make yourself sick obsessing over it.

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#11 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Mr. Insipid, you know all, happy?
Suffice it to say that of the folks posting here, no one but LUMPY knows less than you and LUMPY is absent.

You are in the lead once again.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 21, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry dear, you seem to have a monopoly on pretentiousness around here. I have not, at any time, attempted to dictate your diet so your nausea is not my fault. Try respecting the rights of others humans to live their lives as they freely choose and you may find that your nausea level will subside. If you continue to insist that you are in possession of the ONLY answer while the vast majority of the the human race is wrong it is to be expected that you will make yourself sick obsessing over it.
I'm an Animal Rights activist posting in the Animal Rights forum. Seems to me that if I were pushing my views on others I'd head on over to the hunting forum. You know?.. sort of like what you, a hunter, has been doing here. Or, I could single out a few people in the hunters forum, and reply with the same regurgitated rhetoric every time those people posted a comment, call them names, and well, do exactly what you're doing here. I'm afraid you've got it twisted, you are twisted. As for obsession, I'd say you've got that one played out. You're obsessed with Topix, you're here all the time! I really do feel concerned for you, go outside and get some fresh air for chrissake!
gokeefe

Galloway, OH

#13 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an Animal Rights activist posting in the Animal Rights forum. Seems to me that if I were pushing my views on others I'd head on over to the hunting forum. You know?.. sort of like what you, a hunter, has been doing here. Or, I could single out a few people in the hunters forum, and reply with the same regurgitated rhetoric every time those people posted a comment, call them names, and well, do exactly what you're doing here. I'm afraid you've got it twisted, you are twisted. As for obsession, I'd say you've got that one played out. You're obsessed with Topix, you're here all the time! I really do feel concerned for you, go outside and get some fresh air for chrissake!
There you go again, dictating what others should do. The only requirement for posting anywhere on Topix is that one have an internet connection. Open forum.

And yes, I personally find your rhetoric to be regurgitated trash. Same cut and paste over and over again, with nothing informative to it. I suggest you try understanding others for chrissake!

Boggy Creek

#14 Nov 21, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that ARAs did exactly that hunting forums is how I got here. I'm a realist posting on an animal rights forum. You aren't pushing your views on others? You are advocating a ban on hunting, how is that not attempting to force your views on me, a hunter? I have never been involved in a hunting accident, never harmed any person while hunting, don't kill anything that I didn't intend to eat, never poached, and not only practice safe hunting but teach it. Why should you feel it is necessary to accuse me of crimes I do not commit and attempt to ban my source of fresh, untainted meat. If you were happy with making your own choices and letting others do the same I would have no problem with you but your agenda is to ban my way of life if you can. I have not resorted to name calling unless I'm dealing with someone who likes to call names. If you think back to the beginning of our exchanges here you'll remember that I addressed you respectfully even though I disagreed with you. You started with the names and so it became "fair game". Please note that when I post in response to people who are civil in their difference of opinion, like metta for instance, I am polite and civil. But with someone like you who tells lies about hunting, calls me a "murderer" because I hunt for my food, tells me that I hunt for sick pleasure when I've told you differently, etc....you get what your hand calls for.

Boggy Creek

#15 Nov 21, 2011
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that ARAs did exactly that hunting forums is how I got here. I'm a realist posting on an animal rights forum. You aren't pushing your views on others? You are advocating a ban on hunting, how is that not attempting to force your views on me, a hunter? I have never been involved in a hunting accident, never harmed any person while hunting, don't kill anything that I didn't intend to eat, never poached, and not only practice safe hunting but teach it. Why should you feel it is necessary to accuse me of crimes I do not commit and attempt to ban my source of fresh, untainted meat. If you were happy with making your own choices and letting others do the same I would have no problem with you but your agenda is to ban my way of life if you can. I have not resorted to name calling unless I'm dealing with someone who likes to call names. If you think back to the beginning of our exchanges here you'll remember that I addressed you respectfully even though I disagreed with you. You started with the names and so it became "fair game". Please note that when I post in response to people who are civil in their difference of opinion, like metta for instance, I am polite and civil. But with someone like you who tells lies about hunting, calls me a "murderer" because I hunt for my food, tells me that I hunt for sick pleasure when I've told you differently, etc....you get what your hand calls for.
did exactly that <on> hunting forums
Outraged in LA

Placentia, CA

#16 Jul 31, 2012
Bravo! This site is telling it like it is!
I work for the largest Animal Shelter outfit in the entire country (L.A. Animal Services)and I can testify that every word of this article is true.
If you want to see what the "No-Kill" agenda can do to an animal control agency, go to the following website and see for yourself:
Go to: savelaanimalservices.com
Outraged in LA

Placentia, CA

#17 Jul 31, 2012
Bravo! This site is really telling it like it is.
If you really want to see the kind of damage that the "No-Kill" agenda can do to a public animal control agency, look no further than The L.A. Dept. of Animal Services where their new General Manager Brenda Barnette has all but destroyed the very dept. that she was supposedly hired to manage.
Go to the following website and find out for yourself.
Go to: savelaanimalservices.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Animal Rights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hunter cruelty 1 hr STINKCAT 48
News Two men facing animal cruelty charges 22 hr cpitt 86
News Morrissey Says 'The Only Perfect World For Anim... Jul 29 STINKCAT 251
News 2 arrested on animal cruelty charges out of Eas... (Oct '13) Jul 21 guest 56
Should it be considered a form of sexual assault? Jul 21 springer5 7
News Animal welfare will be 'decisive criterion' for... Jul 19 Naw15 9
News Richmond man indicted on lesser charge in kitte... (Dec '12) Jul 11 Farmer 126
More from around the web