Chinese restaurant hit with red sticker

Chinese restaurant hit with red sticker

There are 35 comments on the KOAT-TV story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Chinese restaurant hit with red sticker. In it, KOAT-TV reports that:

A Chinese restaurant in northeast Albuquerque was hit with a red sticker following a recent inspection by the Albuquerque Environmental Health Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOAT-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 27, 2012
WOW someone sure hats Chinese food enough to go there just to be able to complain.

Never been to that one but almost every restaurant will have a few violations if one looks hard enough.

I CA hanging duck to dry out is a well know issue with Asian restaurants yet they never get written up for it.

This time of the year you will find flies even in the best of them. As for the inspectors claim of not seeing any employees washing their hands, perhaps they had no need to, if they did not go to the restroom, handle dirty dishes etc.

Don't like a restaurant don't go there.

What is a big turn off for me and ends my eating or paying the bill for my meal is finding hair in the food.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#2 Aug 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
WOW someone sure hats Chinese food enough to go there just to be able to complain.
Never been to that one but almost every restaurant will have a few violations if one looks hard enough.
I CA hanging duck to dry out is a well know issue with Asian restaurants yet they never get written up for it.
This time of the year you will find flies even in the best of them. As for the inspectors claim of not seeing any employees washing their hands, perhaps they had no need to, if they did not go to the restroom, handle dirty dishes etc.
Don't like a restaurant don't go there.
What is a big turn off for me and ends my eating or paying the bill for my meal is finding hair in the food.
Yes, all restaurants have some violations but it is when they receive critical violations that they are red tagged. I think the Health Dept. gives them 2 weeks to correct the violations, some do and some don't and go the same way GC located on Alameda did.

Location hidden

#3 Aug 27, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, all restaurants have some violations but it is when they receive critical violations that they are red tagged. I think the Health Dept. gives them 2 weeks to correct the violations, some do and some don't and go the same way GC located on Alameda did.
True but my point is/was that person who called it in had to have a reason and I would bet he/she has been there before and wanted payback.

I highly doubt any competitor would do such as thing.

Also it was mentioned a few month ago there is a shortage of qualified/educated inspectors so why is the city and county not doing anything to hire more?

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
True but my point is/was that person who called it in had to have a reason and I would bet he/she has been there before and wanted payback.
I highly doubt any competitor would do such as thing.
Also it was mentioned a few month ago there is a shortage of qualified/educated inspectors so why is the city and county not doing anything to hire more?
I can't answer as to the city and county not hiring more inspectors. Payback? I don't know Blunt. I once went in there and ate, got food poisoning. Didn't report it but never went back. That place was not the cleanest. I don't wish any business to go down, but I hope that they do clean up and are more careful as to the way they handle food and do the dishes.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 27, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't answer as to the city and county not hiring more inspectors. Payback? I don't know Blunt. I once went in there and ate, got food poisoning. Didn't report it but never went back. That place was not the cleanest. I don't wish any business to go down, but I hope that they do clean up and are more careful as to the way they handle food and do the dishes.
We have always enjoyed Hong Kong Buffet on Coors Road. Used to be called another name but got changed for legal reasons.

Doubt we would ever try that place and more so since you also have been there and found it not to be the cleanest.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 28, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>Also it was mentioned a few month ago there is a shortage of qualified/educated inspectors so why is the city and county not doing anything to hire more?
It's all about money. A friend of mine is one of the health inspectors for the CoA and also maintains they are short handed too for that reason.

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Elk Grove

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Maybe someone saw the restaurant woking a dog for President Obama?

Location hidden

#8 Aug 28, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Maybe someone saw the restaurant woking a dog for President Obama?
Would he settle for horse meat since they do slaughter horses here?

What about rabbit stew from road kill?

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Elk Grove

#9 Aug 28, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Would he settle for horse meat since they do slaughter horses here?
What about rabbit stew from road kill?
I'm not sure about horse meat but I'll take the rabbit...LOL!

Location hidden

#10 Aug 28, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about horse meat but I'll take the rabbit...LOL!
You would take a rat, snake, gopher or whatever you could catch if you were starving and lost in the desert or mountains.....

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#11 Aug 28, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
We have always enjoyed Hong Kong Buffet on Coors Road. Used to be called another name but got changed for legal reasons.
Doubt we would ever try that place and more so since you also have been there and found it not to be the cleanest.
I rarely travel up to Coors any more. So I am not familiar with any restaurants over that way.
I rarely eat oriental food because it is full of onions and I always have to pick them out.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 28, 2012
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I rarely travel up to Coors any more. So I am not familiar with any restaurants over that way.
I rarely eat oriental food because it is full of onions and I always have to pick them out.
I agree with that statement, always full of onions, like how many do they need to flavor the food anyway?

I too pick them out but I am more picky than that, don't like chile, green, red or yellow dell peppers or anything spicy.

The issue on spicy is touchy as what might be normal for one or mild to another is still spicy to me.

Like soda, don't drink that stuff or beer, just don't like the carbonated fizzle stuff.

People are funny on taste, my dad made his own hot mustard and HOTTER the better for him yet good old French's is fine for me.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#13 Aug 28, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that statement, always full of onions, like how many do they need to flavor the food anyway?
I too pick them out but I am more picky than that, don't like chile, green, red or yellow dell peppers or anything spicy.
The issue on spicy is touchy as what might be normal for one or mild to another is still spicy to me.
Like soda, don't drink that stuff or beer, just don't like the carbonated fizzle stuff.
People are funny on taste, my dad made his own hot mustard and HOTTER the better for him yet good old French's is fine for me.
I like peppers and green chile, but mine has to be mild. I too won't eat anything to spicy. I love my tea, and I don't drink anything stronger, except a couple of years ago on my birthday. One mixed drink and I was giddy.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Aug 28, 2012
One of the violations was described in the story as

"Contaminated food violation because sink water was dripping into ready-to-serve Jello."

I am not a big fan of Jello, but that's disgusting.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 28, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
One of the violations was described in the story as
"Contaminated food violation because sink water was dripping into ready-to-serve Jello."
I am not a big fan of Jello, but that's disgusting.
True and I am still trying to figure that one out. Jello is mixed with hot and or cold water and put in ref.

Seems very strange anyone who is a cook and knows how to make jello would do such a thing.
hk buffet employee

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2012
I wanna take on your food and health dept. Let me show abq your inconsistencies in yor departnent. Let me show you how your department should be run and which establishments should be shut down or praised. You guys are flying by somehow without proper qualifications of employees and productivity. Not saying we dont have a couple infractions, but lets be fair....there are prob 75percent more places that have lucked out because of your incompetancies. My name is Susan and i really stand by my employers. I have the experience to support my huge complaint against you guys. Let me critique YOU. Yes im calling you out!!
hk buffet employee

United States

#17 Oct 14, 2012
Im just stating facts. We have had numerous inspectors in the past that breezed in and out without spending more than what seemed to be 5 min sometimes! Through experience, i found it ridiculous despite feeling we did a great job. All i could think- my goodness what restaurants are actually getting away with true hell? Currently our inspector is the most thorough and serious about her job....thus the recent attention. BUT it is so very ridiculous there are so many places out there truly hiding and getting away with really really bad things that we are so far from. Why? Underqualified inspectors. Lazy ones...poorly trained ones. Makes me wonder if i should be running their dept them or calling them out on our evening news. Why cant i speak my mind in what i am seeing?

Location hidden

#18 Oct 14, 2012
hk buffet employee wrote:
I wanna take on your food and health dept. Let me show abq your inconsistencies in yor departnent. Let me show you how your department should be run and which establishments should be shut down or praised. You guys are flying by somehow without proper qualifications of employees and productivity. Not saying we dont have a couple infractions, but lets be fair....there are prob 75percent more places that have lucked out because of your incompetancies. My name is Susan and i really stand by my employers. I have the experience to support my huge complaint against you guys. Let me critique YOU. Yes im calling you out!!
If what you say is true you would not be posting here but your attorney would be suing the city.

So you are a troll pretending to be an employee.

If you truly are what is your position?
you have

Huntsville, AL

#19 Oct 14, 2012
Im just stating facts. We have had numerous inspectors in the past that breezed in and out without spending more than what seemed to be 5 min sometimes! Through experience, i found it ridiculous despite feeling we did a great job. All i could think- my goodness what restaurants are actually getting away with true hell? Currently our inspector is the most thorough and serious about her job....thus the recent attention. BUT it is so very ridiculous there are so many places out there truly hiding and getting away with really really bad things that we are so far from. Why? Underqualified inspectors. Lazy ones...poorly trained ones. Makes me wonder if i should be running their dept them or calling them out on our evening news. Why cant i speak my mind in what i am seeing?
to give them a better bribe. You have competition in this town.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 14, 2012
You just got caught in a lie, you do not HAVE AN INSPECTOR, the city sends out different ones, you have no say in whose going to inspect a place that serves food.

I'll ask my manager friend of Hong Kong Buffet off Coors Road if a Susan really works there and I shall copy both your postings just in case you do.

By the way you do know what will happen once he sees them unless you are related to him don't you?

I would recommend you prepare a resume for a new job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wait times continue to increase at MVD offices ... 1 hr roper 3
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 114,701
Mike the Nanny Bloomberg Spending $800,000 for ... 9 hr So you 2
Pastor Confronted by Cowbell Wielding Satanist ... 11 hr wow 16
College President Considers Punishing Conservat... 12 hr apparently 5
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 13 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 63,753
News 'Nudist' parents on child abuse charges (Dec '10) 14 hr Lisa 23

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance