Many surprised by Obama's Nobel Prize

Many surprised by Obama's Nobel Prize

There are 388 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Many surprised by Obama's Nobel Prize. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

President Barack Obama woke up this morning to a surprise few people experience: He was told he just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Dogwatch

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 9, 2009
After what we've been through in recent years, he deserves it.

Judged:

15

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
what

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Oct 9, 2009
Dogwatch wrote:
After what we've been through in recent years, he deserves it.
What have you been through? What he do>? Its a conspiracy. The more attention he gets for doing nothing the more I lean toward the 666 theory.
djamminh

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 9, 2009
The Nobel Peace Price is a joke and everyone knows it. It's a political ploy. Poo stinks no matter what you medal you pin on it.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 9, 2009
He should have been awarded one for running the USA deeper into depth faster then any other President.

But what really gets me is he says he does NOT deserve it so why then did he not refuse it?

He did not have to accept it and still should refuse it if not for his ego saying take it and the money.
Juan

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 9, 2009
Well, I voted for Obama but he really hasn't done much. He seems to be on TV every day..maybe he should spend more time delivering all of those campaign promises he seems to have forgotten. Jimmy Carter also received a Nobel Peace Prize so they really don't mean much.
CallousOneToo

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 9, 2009
"Hope."

Pftttttttttttt!

I want results, but more importantly I want result that would be meaningful and useful to me.

I still can't believe this guy got elected on the "hope" platform. Just imagine the outcome if he had run on the "Live - Nude - Girls" platform. Dubya must have really sucked more than I was led to believe.

It's gonna be a long three-plus more years.

Sigh.
NObama

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 9, 2009
Juan wrote:
Well, I voted for Obama but he really hasn't done much. He seems to be on TV every day..maybe he should spend more time delivering all of those campaign promises he seems to have forgotten. Jimmy Carter also received a Nobel Peace Prize so they really don't mean much.
The idiots gave one to Al Gore too for his make-believe work on global warming. I guess he turnd his pool temp. down. Nobel Prize is a Liberal Boobie prize for idiots.
twogatas

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2009
I voted for him,but I wonder why. It seems the folks who do the picking are taking a huge gamble,totally base it on future events, either that or they had no one else to pick from. Puzzling,to say the least.
chicanoavenger

Meridian, ID

#9 Oct 10, 2009
Obama is great. Everyone like russ limbow hate on him cause it took their whole lives to get somehwre and a black man did it in two years. republicans are haters that's all. Have some more haterade while i drink my cool ade...haters!!!

Judged:

16

14

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
rizzo

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Oct 10, 2009
nominated after 11 days in office? what a joke! now the nobel is in the same bag as the United Nations.
weighing in

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 10, 2009
This certainly puts the value of the award in question for me. It does illustrate the process of nominating and deciding the award is not perfect. Sad.

I voted for him, but he still needs to "perform" many of the big changes he promised.

I would have thought in a few years it would have been "earned".
soft landing

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Oct 10, 2009
CallousOneToo wrote:
"Hope."
Pftttttttttttt!
I want results, but more importantly I want result that would be meaningful and useful to me.
I still can't believe this guy got elected on the "hope" platform. Just imagine the outcome if he had run on the "Live - Nude - Girls" platform. Dubya must have really sucked more than I was led to believe.
It's gonna be a long three-plus more years.
Sigh.
seven-plus joy filled years.:)
Scruffy

Cedar Crest, NM

#16 Oct 10, 2009
I'm as surprised as anyone, but they picked Obama over the other 200+ nominees. He deserves congrats. The 'Pubies are just ticked off that Bush wouldn't even have been in the running!

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#17 Oct 10, 2009
The peace prize has been a joke for many years. By giving it to Obama all they have done is re-enforce it.
Awesome

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Oct 10, 2009
WOW, why do you righties hate America?
First, you hope for him to fail
Second, you applaud when we don't get the Olympics
Third, you diminish the accomplishment of THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA (yes your America too, unless you hate it)receiving the Peace prize.
Wow, you guys are worthless, please continue to slide into irrelevancy.
JoeSmoe

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Oct 10, 2009
Awesome recogniion for our President! All you supposed "Great Americans" still haven't gotten used to the sour grapes? All the war mongers will be proven wrong by President Obama, you'll see. A time & place for everything.........

“Can You Handle The Truth”

Since: Aug 08

Santa Fe

#20 Oct 10, 2009
Awesome wrote:
WOW, why do you righties hate America?
First, you hope for him to fail
Second, you applaud when we don't get the Olympics
Third, you diminish the accomplishment of THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA (yes your America too, unless you hate it)receiving the Peace prize.
Wow, you guys are worthless, please continue to slide into irrelevancy.
I don't believe you quite understand the position of the conservative right.

It's the mans policiies that need to fail. Not the man. Those of us who believe his policies are taking us in the wrong direction have no option but to hope they fail. Change the policy direction and we hope that his policies succeeds. Seems simple, but then again according to the liberal lefts indoctrination rules you can not separate the man from the policy or the policy from the man. That is the liberal way. A perfect example was their hatred and vitriol of G.W. Bush. I did not agree with Bush on many issues, but I did not hate the man. Clinton was no different.

As to the Olympics, Chicago may have saved themselves from a economical catastrophe. The Olympics carries a huge financial burden that would not benefit the taxpayer in the long run. If you do not believe this checkout the past countries and cities that have hosted the event.

So far Obama has accomplished nothing. That is unless being who he is counts. Being the first black President merits respect on this accomplishment, but the Nobel prize? Even he acknowledged the it was questionable. He talks a good game, but can he deliver. Personally, I hope not! The only thing I might have agreed with him on was the war in Afghanistan, but now that he has been waffling on sending the requested troops, I am not sure he is the guy to call the shots. He needs to support those that are in the theater of combat with what is required to win. But then, by his own admission we don't use the term win.
JoeSmoe

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 10, 2009
Jighead wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you quite understand the position of the conservative right.
It's the mans policiies that need to fail. Not the man. Those of us who believe his policies are taking us in the wrong direction have no option but to hope they fail. Change the policy direction and we hope that his policies succeeds. Seems simple, but then again according to the liberal lefts indoctrination rules you can not separate the man from the policy or the policy from the man. That is the liberal way. A perfect example was their hatred and vitriol of G.W. Bush. I did not agree with Bush on many issues, but I did not hate the man. Clinton was no different.
As to the Olympics, Chicago may have saved themselves from a economical catastrophe. The Olympics carries a huge financial burden that would not benefit the taxpayer in the long run. If you do not believe this checkout the past countries and cities that have hosted the event.
So far Obama has accomplished nothing. That is unless being who he is counts. Being the first black President merits respect on this accomplishment, but the Nobel prize? Even he acknowledged the it was questionable. He talks a good game, but can he deliver. Personally, I hope not! The only thing I might have agreed with him on was the war in Afghanistan, but now that he has been waffling on sending the requested troops, I am not sure he is the guy to call the shots. He needs to support those that are in the theater of combat with what is required to win. But then, by his own admission we don't use the term win.
The only failure President Obama has is that he hasn't given the republiklans the middle finger. He has the votes in Congress but he has shown his true side by trying to be inclusive with the repugs. Not gonna work cause they have show their true side with their obstructionist ways.

As for yer statement on the "conservative wrong" it sounds just like an info commercial full of "ifs & mays" alls that is missing is the fine print. Pure rationalization...sad some believe that BS.

Judged:

13

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thomas Sparks Deming

AOL

#22 Oct 10, 2009
something for nothing its the democrats way. perhaps he give the money to bail out acorn.
Thomas Sparks Deming

AOL

#23 Oct 10, 2009
sorry (he will give)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2016 NM Legislature 1 hr Maester 1
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr fmer505-1951 111,316
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr fmer505-1951 60,677
Give It To Me, Intimidation, Give It To Me, Obs... 4 hr Colby 269
News Low Gas Prices Hurting State Budget 4 hr Nora 118
News Two men arrested, accused of stabbing father an... 4 hr Brea 5
Here Pigpigpigpigpig! 5 hr PigsInAction 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages