Alamogordo leads NM in ratio of armed...

Alamogordo leads NM in ratio of armed forces members to workers

There are 3 comments on the Business Journal story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Alamogordo leads NM in ratio of armed forces members to workers. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Alamogordo has the most highly concentrated armed forces member population in New Mexico, and one of the highest in the nation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Trixie

Santa Fe, NM

#1 Sep 20, 2012
The article states there re 28,956 workers in Alamogordo and 2388 are associated with the military. There are only 30,403 people in the city of Alamogordo according to the most recent census that means men, women, and children. The 28,956 figure seems questionable.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Sep 20, 2012
Trixie wrote:
The article states there re 28,956 workers in Alamogordo and 2388 are associated with the military. There are only 30,403 people in the city of Alamogordo according to the most recent census that means men, women, and children. The 28,956 figure seems questionable.
You have thousands of people who commute to work here from El Paso, Las Cruces, Tularosa, Carrizozo, Ruidoso, La Luz, Cloudcroft, Chapparal, Mescalero and other places I am sure I have left out.
jane roach

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Trixie wrote:
the census is a joke.... i have not been counted in the last two
(but the irs sure knows where i live)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 19 min Cooties 111,275
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 34 min Kootzia 60,644
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 3 hr que verguenza 647
What Was Your Favorite Superbowl 50 TV Commercial? 3 hr sad panthers fan 1
ATTN: KOB, KOAT, KRQE "Investigative News Teams" 9 hr Screech 6
'...I discriminated against him because he's ga... 10 hr fmer505-1951 7
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 13 hr Joyce 6,795
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages