Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 7117 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Skuttlebutt

Cloudcroft, NM

#4840 Oct 17, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>And 7 milllion on welfare? That's the difference between Conservatives and libtards. Conservatives want EVERYBODY but the rich to suffer, others are only concerned about themselves and their fellow humans!
Romney only supports

bindersfullofwomen

Mitt : "I hired a woman once, didn't work out'"
Skuttlebutt

Alamogordo, NM

#4841 Oct 17, 2012
Obama doesn't support the 23 million unemployed or the 47 million on welfare!

Obama: I have a job, get your own!

“Polymath”

Since: Jul 08

Farmington

#4842 Oct 17, 2012
Finally! Details of Romney's Tax Plan Available!

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
Skuttlebutt

Alamogordo, NM

#4843 Oct 17, 2012
Saint_ wrote:
Finally! Details of Romney's Tax Plan Available!
http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
Obama has a plan also. He plans on golfing today.
Skuttlebutt

Cloudcroft, NM

#4844 Oct 17, 2012
I wonder why Obama doesn't just call Romney "Scrooge McDuck", in order to put it in a context undecided voters can understand?
minimitt

Bedford, MA

#4845 Oct 18, 2012
What's up with the romney 1/2 whisper. "I know how to create jobs!". I really do. Just speak out loud. Almost looks like he thinks he's talking to stupid people. "Trust me, I'm filthy rich ... I really care about the middle class ... Even though 47 percent are dependent on the govt ...I don't give a damned about the poor ... I will drop rate, rich will pay less, poor won't pay and the middle won't pay either ...".

Not sure I buy cuts across the board and more govt spending and a reduction in the deficit. Is there a magic invisible set of taxpayers that will offset the difference?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4846 Oct 19, 2012
what's this I read, Ole Susana coming out for the space Port?

My, my. What other Richardson programs will she support, I wonder.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#4847 Oct 19, 2012
factologist wrote:
Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4848 Oct 20, 2012
factologist wrote:
Glad someone else caught that.

I could've sworn she spent a large part of her campaign swearing up and down that the spaceport was a waste and more Richardson gluttony and yet here she is "proudly" supporting it now.

I don't think she flip/flopped, I believe she got a pecuniary interest or perhaps someone promised to strongly support her next campaign.
minimitt

Bedford, MA

#4849 Oct 20, 2012
Spoken like a good politician. For an issue but against it. What a joke.
savethefroglegs

Glendale, AZ

#4850 Oct 24, 2012
Amy Orlando blames the conditions at the jail for the $22 million lawsuit by Mr. Slevin. They failed to order the competency hearing and prosecute Slevin for 22 months. No accountability!

Was it the conditions at the jail that created the 43 day debacle(mistaken identity) with Alvaro Nunez-Hernandez back on Halloween in 2007? No apology to the Nunez-Hernandez family or accountability!

Was it the conditions at the jail that caused Judge Macias to issue a Directed Verdict with the Terrence Daniels 5 year-old witch-hunt?

The arrogant, unethical, inept bunch down at the DA's office continues the 'swamps' legacy of thinking they're above-the-law and unaccountable for their reckless actions.

Was it the conditions at the jail that caused Daniel Rivera to write a book about the corrupt freakshow going on at the DA's office in Dona Ana County? Go read the book Amy, www.disintegratingjustice.com , if you didn't notice what went on the last 15 years down at the swamp!

Lets bring some respectability, professionalism, integrity, and most of all, competency back to the DA's office. Drain the Swamp! Vote for Mark D'Antonio!
Skuttlebutt

Alamogordo, NM

#4851 Oct 24, 2012
romney endorses Obama and I approve this message.
SheSoberedUp

Los Alamos, NM

#4853 Oct 28, 2012
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad someone else caught that.
I could've sworn she spent a large part of her campaign swearing up and down that the spaceport was a waste and more Richardson gluttony and yet here she is "proudly" supporting it now.
I don't think she flip/flopped, I believe she got a pecuniary interest or perhaps someone promised to strongly support her next campaign.
She realized, with her popularity 1/3rd down from Richardson's asat he same point in office, and no jobs, and nothing to show for herself, she better swich around or lose everything.

She has destroyed he state already.

Did you notice the exremely racist mailings her Reform New Mexico has been sending out? Black hands around a young white girl? Funny too, since 90% of the sex offenders in state are hispanic. I think it's slap towards Stapleton, delberately. She went aftr Sanchez similarly, I think to distract.

She has doomed jim Hall up here, from all accounts. she has a reverse midas effect-everything she touches goes to mud.

The republican machine's lies a catching up with them finally, and she was their greatest xamply of that She got into power slamming richardson, and now is eating crow with green chile instead. Biggest drop in state jobs ince the Depression, all due to her. She was even bragging on TV about her anti-social behavior. she doesn't seem to realize people have seen it, and are disgusted by her. It's costing her party too. Double digits.

If you had not won, I'm sure she would have mentioned you in the child molestor ads, too.

But she is going down, fast. Not one candidate she has helped has gone anywhere at all. No one but her brainwashed staff seems to be singing her praises anymore . Sh's a disgrace. Did you notice she is still using that "pit boss" attitude even now? She used the Brianna legislation, then shafted it's principal author? It failed previously due to her adding in illegal stuff, which ad to be removed to pass thru. It was another example of what the NM Supremes said, she is blatantly incompetent. She's not bold, just a con artist and a below average lawyer. If the election were held now, she would lose. Instead we do.

She stinks.

Did you notice 6 of her staff members have assaulted women, including her PR head for Reform?

I'll bet her excuse was she met them thu work-you know, at sentencing.
SheAlwaysDrunk

Los Alamos, NM

#4854 Oct 28, 2012
http://www.capitolreportnewmexico.com/...
Help Martinez, and she hurts YOU!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#4855 Oct 28, 2012
SheAlwaysDrunk wrote:
http://www.capitolreportnewmex ico.com/?p=11844
Help Martinez, and she hurts YOU!
She reminds you of your mother doesn't she!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4856 Oct 29, 2012
SheSoberedUp wrote:
<quoted text>
She realized, with her popularity 1/3rd down from Richardson's asat he same point in office, and no jobs, and nothing to show for herself, she better swich around or lose everything.
She has destroyed he state already.
Did you notice the exremely racist mailings her Reform New Mexico has been sending out? Black hands around a young white girl? Funny too, since 90% of the sex offenders in state are hispanic. I think it's slap towards Stapleton, delberately. She went aftr Sanchez similarly, I think to distract.
She has doomed jim Hall up here, from all accounts. she has a reverse midas effect-everything she touches goes to mud.
The republican machine's lies a catching up with them finally, and she was their greatest xamply of that She got into power slamming richardson, and now is eating crow with green chile instead. Biggest drop in state jobs ince the Depression, all due to her. She was even bragging on TV about her anti-social behavior. she doesn't seem to realize people have seen it, and are disgusted by her. It's costing her party too. Double digits.
If you had not won, I'm sure she would have mentioned you in the child molestor ads, too.
But she is going down, fast. Not one candidate she has helped has gone anywhere at all. No one but her brainwashed staff seems to be singing her praises anymore . Sh's a disgrace. Did you notice she is still using that "pit boss" attitude even now? She used the Brianna legislation, then shafted it's principal author? It failed previously due to her adding in illegal stuff, which ad to be removed to pass thru. It was another example of what the NM Supremes said, she is blatantly incompetent. She's not bold, just a con artist and a below average lawyer. If the election were held now, she would lose. Instead we do.
She stinks.
Did you notice 6 of her staff members have assaulted women, including her PR head for Reform?
I'll bet her excuse was she met them thu work-you know, at sentencing.
I went to look for more info on the reform ads is this what you are referring to?

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/politics/nm-cou...

Let's not forget she used an image of a dead child to promote her run for office. She's crazy insane and to her it's fine.

OH MY GOD!

Sorry, but have you seen the tv show "The Walking Dead"? It's an amazing show, anyway there is a character that is the leader of a group of people and this guy is truly demented and guess what his name is???? The Governor!!!
hahahahahaha

Ah I digress...

Back to Martinez, the governor (pun intended), why is she sponsoring attack ads? Especially ones regarding children?

During her tenure as District Attorney she let a child rapist walk out of jail due to failure to prosecute. This is the one where he had raped 2. count them TWO girls. One left the country so they said they had no case because there was no victim. WHAT? So the second girl didn't matter?!?!?!?!?

Those are the kinds of remarkable decisions she makes.

How about engaging in egregious fraud?

Knowing no crime was committed. Knowing no evidence existed to show or substantiate a crime. She tried to convict me over something that didn't happen.

Stalking is a perverse crime. To accuse me of stalking anyone, is insane.She tried stretching the meaning of the law well beyond it's legal reach and I strongly believe she was belittling the real victims of stalking.

Because instead of pursuing real charges against possibly hundreds of actual stalking cases she spent over 3 years trying to convict me over nothing, wasting police/sheriff resources, judicial time and resources, the several hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to everyone who worked my case, both prosecution and defense and most of all affecting dozens of people who had nothing to do with the case.

She's remarkably stupid.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#4857 Oct 29, 2012
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to look for more info on the reform ads is this what you are referring to?
http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/politics/nm-cou...
Let's not forget she used an image of a dead child to promote her run for office. She's crazy insane and to her it's fine.
OH MY GOD!
Sorry, but have you seen the tv show "The Walking Dead"? It's an amazing show, anyway there is a character that is the leader of a group of people and this guy is truly demented and guess what his name is???? The Governor!!!
hahahahahaha
Ah I digress...
Back to Martinez, the governor (pun intended), why is she sponsoring attack ads? Especially ones regarding children?
During her tenure as District Attorney she let a child rapist walk out of jail due to failure to prosecute. This is the one where he had raped 2. count them TWO girls. One left the country so they said they had no case because there was no victim. WHAT? So the second girl didn't matter?!?!?!?!?
Those are the kinds of remarkable decisions she makes.
How about engaging in egregious fraud?
Knowing no crime was committed. Knowing no evidence existed to show or substantiate a crime. She tried to convict me over something that didn't happen.
Stalking is a perverse crime. To accuse me of stalking anyone, is insane.She tried stretching the meaning of the law well beyond it's legal reach and I strongly believe she was belittling the real victims of stalking.
Because instead of pursuing real charges against possibly hundreds of actual stalking cases she spent over 3 years trying to convict me over nothing, wasting police/sheriff resources, judicial time and resources, the several hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to everyone who worked my case, both prosecution and defense and most of all affecting dozens of people who had nothing to do with the case.
She's remarkably stupid.
She's smart enough to be heading up this state while you are not even smart enough to head up a decent conversation on Topix! It speaks volumes about your midget mental state! LOL!
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

#4858 Oct 29, 2012
Democrats have controlled the financial purse strings of this state for the last 60 years. NM is virtually at the bottom of every list. The state pension plans are way underfunded.

SM can't get anything done because the Democrats block everything. Why have a Republican governor? It only provides the Dems with something to complain about.

Similar logic applies at the national level. Why have a Republican president if the Dems block everything in the Senate?

Lets let one party control everything.

How about this? Give the Dems everything they want -- House, Senate, Presidency and courts and let them lead the country for the next 60 years, under one condition. President Obama has to first release all of his college records, just to make certain the constitution is being followed properly. I am ready to go all in on the college records.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4859 Oct 30, 2012
Um, not really a direct reply to Warrior, but this fool said and I quote:
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>She's smart enough to be heading up this state while you are not even smart enough to head up a decent conversation on Topix! It speaks volumes about your midget mental state! LOL!
That is astoundingly funny considering he REPLIED TO MY POST! So must mean my part of the conversation was smart enough to initiate a response from Warrior.

Ah I digress...

Susana Martinez promised jobs. YES SHE PROMISED JOBS!

Here's either the irony or her incredibly gross failure:

The New Mexico executive part of the government has 4,783 vacancies. She's governor and can't even fill the jobs in her part of the government? Ah but the funny one is this one:

There are 329 vacancies in the judicial area of New Mexico government and those last 9 are in the Dona Ana county District Attorney's office alone.

So that's 5,000 vacancies in her areas of government.

So ironically she did promise jobs and YES there are over 5,000 available!
Hmm I Wonder

Alamogordo, NM

#4860 Oct 30, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>She's smart enough to be heading up this state while you are not even smart enough to head up a decent conversation on Topix! It speaks volumes about your midget mental state! LOL!
Hmm ... why is it that everything i've read by you on this thread comes across as ...... CONTARDISM !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Lewis Not Attending - Who Cares 1 hr Go figr 25
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr new parrot 114,237
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Mister Chix 63,246
News Budget crisis steers NM legislative agenda 2 hr juan 246 1
Signs your girlfriend has got a LOT of experien... 2 hr Christy 2
EPA Refuses to Pay for Damage to Animus River 2 hr stew 5
News Outgoing DA compares APD to criminal organizati... 4 hr Rachel 16

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance