Man dies in crash on I-25 south of So...

Man dies in crash on I-25 south of Socorro

There are 13 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from May 23, 2009, titled Man dies in crash on I-25 south of Socorro. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

One man is dead and three people are injured in a rollover crash south of Socorro on Interstate 25.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

Since: Apr 09

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 23, 2009
Could this be any more vague? Oh, I forgot, the so calle news reports just steal info off the wire now instead of actually going out and reporting on the news. How sad.
Luis

Phoenix, AZ

#2 May 23, 2009
any more information??
Luis

Phoenix, AZ

#3 May 23, 2009
this needs more information we need to know wat happened and who were the people injured
Aaa

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 23, 2009
I was at the scene and helped extract the mother and grandkids. The 16yo was stable and appeared unharmed as well as one of the grandkids. The other grandchild was hurt severely and the mother did not have any noticable external injuries but was in bad condition still. The van was south bound and rolled and finally rested on the northbound highway driver side up.
Aaa

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 23, 2009
The father was dead on impact and tangled up by his seatbelt hanging from the car with his entire skull crushed and due to the whipping effect of the vehicles last roll, it's contents were covering the sourounding ground. Hope you have enough information to not feel the need to rant about the news instead of morning for the family.
Seriously

United States

#6 May 23, 2009
I, too, was at the scene. One of the children was ejected from the van. The other child was in the van and was not moving when I arrived. The 16-yr-old was completely covered in blood but was walking around. I agree that this report was vague. I think that one can complain about the media's failure to do their job without a graphic retaliation. I find it extremely distasteful to describe the deceased's injuries in such detail while critizing people for not mourning for the family simply because they complain about the media.

Since: Dec 08

Rio Rancho

#7 May 24, 2009
My deepest condolences to the family. I hope the mother and grandchild make a full recovery and glad that the other children are ok.

Aaa, no need for such detailed info. I don't know what else the news could have given us on the accident that the others were complaining about.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#8 May 24, 2009
Breaking news is often very vague in nature. As more details become available it is shared. The victims have a right to privacy until the families are notified and the police will not release any names until that is done.

Aaa, I know you had a traumatic experience dealing with this but there is no reason to act like a jerk and give graphic details.

Condelences to the family of the deceased and hopefully a speedy recovery of those injured in this tragic incident.
Sunny Delight

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 24, 2009
I think, those that feel the news report given isn't enough are those that want every last gory detail given. How this will help them, I am not sure, but if they need more details in a story, I suggest they start their own news reporting agency and go out and get the full story. Then, they will only have themselves to blame if the story does not contain enough detail.
Carolyn

United States

#11 May 24, 2009
I too saw the accident...I think people are just curious...it was a serious accident which clogged traffic. Given the scene, I would have thought the van was heading northbound. It's amazing that it was headed south and ended up in opposite lane. My sympathies to the family.
phillip

Albuquerque, NM

#12 May 26, 2009
this was my uncle who died u mother*****s so dont talk shit mother*****s
Melissa Gutierrez

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Jun 8, 2009
This is my uncle who died and my aunt is in the hospital. This is such a tragedy because we lost a loved one in the family. They were going to a funeral because my other uncle had died the day before. My cousin Cesar Mantilla, the 16 year-old who was in the accident, said that when the tire blew out my uncle tried to control the van but couldn't and thats when the car rolled over. He said there was three rolls. On the first roll the roof came completely off and on then threw out the 8 year-old boy. The van landed on its right side. The two boys were found outside the van because they were the only ones who didn't have their seat belts.
Erica

Los Alamos, NM

#14 Jun 9, 2009
Melissa Gutierrez wrote:
This is my uncle who died and my aunt is in the hospital. This is such a tragedy because we lost a loved one in the family. They were going to a funeral because my other uncle had died the day before. My cousin Cesar Mantilla, the 16 year-old who was in the accident, said that when the tire blew out my uncle tried to control the van but couldn't and thats when the car rolled over. He said there was three rolls. On the first roll the roof came completely off and on then threw out the 8 year-old boy. The van landed on its right side. The two boys were found outside the van because they were the only ones who didn't have their seat belts.
Melissa,
my sister was also at the accident and helped out as much as she could. She is having a very hard time dealing with this and has been very concerned with how everyone else is doing. Is there some way you can can contact her just to let her know how everyone is doing? She also is not Aaa who posted earlier. My email is [email protected] and I can forward you her info from there. She can't reply to this thread because she only has internet access on her phone and it's too much for her phone to transfer.
Thank you so much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 3 hr Mister Chix 62,236
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr buffaloes 113,085
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 5 hr justice is just a... 6,896
News NM confronts budget shortfalls amid oil bust 5 hr The truth 3
News Elephant Butte Lake shrinking faster thana 5 hr The truth 9
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... 5 hr The truth 1
News U-Haul stolen in Albuquerque during family's cr... 6 hr The Green Watch Dog 13

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages