Is Albuquerque Boring?

Feb 23, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Featured Blog Posts - Duke City Fix

Last week Albuquerqueans responded en masse to a Mary McCormick interview on the Chelsea Lately show.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2012

Judged:

I'm rarely bored, no matter where I am. Still, ABQ ain't the most exciting place, that's for sure.
El Chingon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

I spent a miserable year in Albuquerque, one weekend.
unm2010

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

El Chingon wrote:
I spent a miserable year in Albuquerque, one weekend.
I didn't know there were years as in a week-end?

But does New York teach that there are years in a week-end?

I want some of that New York 5th grade education!!

There is so much to do here you can never do it all in a life time!!

Too bad you missed your cousins waiting fer ya at the Rattlesnake Museum!!
El Chingon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

And to top it off: No sense of humor.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

El Chingon wrote:
And to top it off: No sense of humor.
It's the typical mindless thug mentality; "Everything we do is right, criticism ist verboten!" Sadly, nothing new here.

Like I said, locals here tend to place little value on intellectual entertainment. Go to the Museum of Natural History, any of the art museums, the zoo, etc. and most people you will see in them are tourists. What sells to the majority of locals here are "dumbed down" venues.

Unfortunately, that will often "rub off" on people not used to it, and it will make them think it is a boring city.
El Chingon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

I am looking forward to the balloon fiesta, tho. Is it true that this years fiesta mottos is,

"I can keep mine up for hours"?
diamond tooth
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

come to albuquerque if you wanna get shot dead, or in a fatal car accident with an incompetent driver.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

diamond tooth wrote:
come to albuquerque if you wanna get shot dead, or in a fatal car accident with an incompetent driver.
Hey, that's not fair, you bastard. We're not incompetent drivers, we're drunk. Get it right:-D
El Chingon
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

diamond tooth wrote:
I understand that the cops are the ones that are trigger-happy.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

It isn't so much boring as it is frustrating. When a dumbass is still free to drive drunk or burglarize houses after a dozen arrests, it's obvious that something is seriously messed up here.
rasho

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

hi. i just would like to give you a non-bias viewpoint about albuquerque, it's true that it is a bit drab, as far as safety goes, it is sort of like the wild west. hope this helps,

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

rasho wrote:
hi. i just would like to give you a non-bias viewpoint about albuquerque, it's true that it is a bit drab, as far as safety goes, it is sort of like the wild west. hope this helps,
Yeah, big help. Thanks.

Yeehaw.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

rasho wrote:
I hear scalpers don't have anything to do with tickets in Albuquerque...
TheDirty Gupta

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

Are you freakin kiddin' me? ABQ is one of the most boring cities in the world. There is nothing here but a bunch of drunk racist ass Mexicans and Natives. Beer seems to be the local pastime here EVERYBODY drinks like there is no tomorrow. ABQ needs a serious drinking make over. And the cops are full of sh*t here. That's right I hope you fat digusting corrupt pigs are reading this... f you all. There is NO WORK. You will not find work in this crap city. Even if you do it will be some temporary seasonal piece of sh*t job that will barely pay the rent. Expect Martinez, Rodregiez, and Hernadez to take the job before you even hear about it. The city shuts down when the sun goes down. Downtown or at any bus stop you will be greeted by toothless, no shower taking, ugly fatass spice smoking locals begging for change or cigarettes. It never occured 2 them 2 by their f*cking own. The bus system is unrelaible and stops early, my advice AVIOD catching it. Whatever you do stay away from bus 66 on Central or you will truly be greeted by Albuquerque's finest.

If you want to have a positive uplifting future and plan on making money and being happy aviod ABQ. It's not worth the crappy Green Chile that everyone boast about!

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

TheDirty Gupta wrote:
Are you freakin kiddin' me? ABQ is one of the most boring cities in the world. There is nothing here but a bunch of drunk racist ass Mexicans and Natives. Beer seems to be the local pastime here EVERYBODY drinks like there is no tomorrow. ABQ needs a serious drinking make over. And the cops are full of sh*t here. That's right I hope you fat digusting corrupt pigs are reading this... f you all. There is NO WORK. You will not find work in this crap city. Even if you do it will be some temporary seasonal piece of sh*t job that will barely pay the rent. Expect Martinez, Rodregiez, and Hernadez to take the job before you even hear about it. The city shuts down when the sun goes down. Downtown or at any bus stop you will be greeted by toothless, no shower taking, ugly fatass spice smoking locals begging for change or cigarettes. It never occured 2 them 2 by their f*cking own. The bus system is unrelaible and stops early, my advice AVIOD catching it. Whatever you do stay away from bus 66 on Central or you will truly be greeted by Albuquerque's finest.
If you want to have a positive uplifting future and plan on making money and being happy aviod ABQ. It's not worth the crappy Green Chile that everyone boast about!
Get a job and better your life, then you won't have to put up with "toothless, no shower taking, ugly fatass spice smoking locals begging for change or cigarettes."

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Judged:

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job and better your life, then you won't have to put up with "toothless, no shower taking, ugly fatass spice smoking locals begging for change or cigarettes."
He was looking in the mirror when he wrote that comment. Wherever you go, there you are.
Land of Entrapment

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Amen!
TheDirty Gupta wrote:
Are you freakin kiddin' me? ABQ is one of the most boring cities in the world. There is nothing here but a bunch of drunk racist ass Mexicans and Natives. Beer seems to be the local pastime here EVERYBODY drinks like there is no tomorrow. ABQ needs a serious drinking make over. An
the cops are full of sh*t here. That's right I hope you fat digusting corrupt pigs are reading this... f you all. There is NO WORK. You will not find work in this crap city. Even if you do it will be some temporary seasonal piece of sh*t job that will barely pay the rent. Expect Martinez, Rodregiez, and Hernadez to take the job before you even hear about it. The city shuts down when the sun goes down. Downtown or at any bus stop you will be greeted by toothless, no shower taking, ugly fatass spice smoking locals begging for change or cigarettes. It never occured 2 them 2 by their f*cking own. The bus system is unrelaible and stops early, my advice AVIOD catching it. Whatever you do stay away from bus 66 on Central or you will truly be greeted by Albuquerque's finest.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TheDirty Gupta wrote:
Are you freakin kiddin' me? ABQ is one of the most boring cities in the world.!
We enjoy visiting your city and then surrounding mountains. SF is too pricy and some businesses gouge the tourist. You could work on your roads across the state, increase employee salary and quit throwing trash. That's a number of negative things most tourist remember about NM.
Katzia

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

There's certainly never a dull moment in my neighborhood.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>We enjoy visiting your city and then surrounding mountains. SF is too pricy and some businesses gouge the tourist. You could work on your roads across the state, increase employee salary and quit throwing trash. That's a number of negative things most tourist remember about NM.
Agree with you on most of your post but have a question. How on earth would a tourist know anything about employee pay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of83
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Announcements: July 8 42 min maybe 23
Family dog dies after rattlesnake bite 52 min Dog Lover 1
Study: NM internet speed among slowest in U.S. 1 hr THE GREEN WATCH DOG 10
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr fmer505-1951 54,726
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr fmer505-1951 105,679
Doctor visit means hundreds of miles for some vets 1 hr well 40
APD to buy 350+ AR-15 rifles 8 hr CornDogz 1
•••
•••