“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#1 Nov 15, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/obam... -- President Barack Obama will enter high-stakes budget negotiations firmly committed to seeing the tax rates for high-income earners rise to pre-George W. Bush levels, he assured a gathering of progressive and labor leaders on Tuesday.

"I am not going to budge," he told the group, according to an attendee who relayed material from the meeting on condition of anonymity. "I said in 2010 that I'm going to do this once, and I meant it."

The White House did not immediately return a request for comment, but two other sources who attended the meeting confirmed the quote. The administration seems to have staked out a firmer position than during the first stand-off over the Bush-era tax cuts, in November and December of 2010, leaving the impression that it won't sign off on a compromise that doesn't increase the tax burden on the wealthy as a means of paying down the deficit.

How the president plans to effect that outcome is still unclear. Top Democrats in the Senate have said they would be comfortable letting all the tax rates expire -- as they are scheduled to do -- at the end of the year, after which they will put together a tax cut bill that would re-establish the Bush-era rates for incomes below $250,000.

Several sources at the meeting said the president was, as one noted, "more nuanced than going off the cliff." Obama hopes to place "maximum pressure on House Republicans so at the end of the day he may be able to budge them," the source added.

{Okay...so he's more like Saddam Hussein here than say...George Washington...okay...so much for the president that brings people together. Examples of how he continues to harden the divisions. This is what you all voted for...nice...}

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#3 Nov 15, 2012
He tried the whole compromise thing, and the GOP took him to the cleaners. I do not think that will happen again.

The GOP has been very smart in the past. And now they aren't. Every day some idiot says something about secession, or voter fraud, or rape, or poor fungus, some other issue, and proves that America made the right choice on the 6th.

I appreciate the GOP being more upfront about their prejudice, their disdain for the poor, and their belief that they're morally superior. In the past they've done a wonderful job of concealing this and concentrated instead on just making false promises. Even today the Party can't decide if it's for or against the idea that the winning voters are a bunch of parasites. Mitt just can't keep putting his leg in his mouth. But the truth is..he's speaking the truth. Many if not most of you conservatives really believe that, right?

And therein lies the problem.

The truth is not your friend, Republicans. The truth is you are a minority. The only hope you have of winning now is to effectively re-fool the majority into thinking you're on their side. I don't think you will be able to do that. Even your willingness to sacrifice the truth isn't enough to keep you in power.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#4 Nov 15, 2012
walterfm wrote:
He tried the whole compromise thing, and the GOP took him to the cleaners. I do not think that will happen again.
The GOP has been very smart in the past. And now they aren't. Every day some idiot says something about secession, or voter fraud, or rape, or poor fungus, some other issue, and proves that America made the right choice on the 6th.
I appreciate the GOP being more upfront about their prejudice, their disdain for the poor, and their belief that they're morally superior. In the past they've done a wonderful job of concealing this and concentrated instead on just making false promises. Even today the Party can't decide if it's for or against the idea that the winning voters are a bunch of parasites. Mitt just can't keep putting his leg in his mouth. But the truth is..he's speaking the truth. Many if not most of you conservatives really believe that, right?
And therein lies the problem.
The truth is not your friend, Republicans. The truth is you are a minority. The only hope you have of winning now is to effectively re-fool the majority into thinking you're on their side. I don't think you will be able to do that. Even your willingness to sacrifice the truth isn't enough to keep you in power.
So the progressive liberal march to socialism continues on even though the examples of heading that way is plainly shown in the USSR collapsing in on itself and now the European Union is doing the same...including signs that Germany...the one country everyone thought was going to be okay and possibly save the EU...is heading down that road...

Don't you progressive liberals get it? The arrogance and relative morality that you think is so superior has been tried over and over again and has failed with disaster behind it...

With morals that will justify killing babies in the womb and sending those dead babies to biohazard waste companies, with morals that can't for absolutely certain say that Hitler was wrong...him and Osama and the terrorists cultures are just...different...and with morals that redefine marriage and the family so that America looks nothing more than a great big Jerry Springer show...

It doesn't take courage to follow this path, it takes arrogance, laziness and an unmitgated "me, myself and I" that only takes into account the needs of others as long as it doesn't inconvienence me...

With morals I might at the exaggerate and divide our differences and put the rich and against the poor, black against white, brown against yellow...

With morals that blame Israel and Jews for just existing...

Yes...walterfm...your side obviously has the moral high ground...except...when you're as tiny and nearly as disease ridden as a maggot...nearly any ground to you might look high...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#5 Nov 15, 2012
One other point...President Hussein Obama has not once tried compromising on anything...his platitudes and sleight of hand {mouth} seems to have you a bit...mesmerizied and deceived...
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Why do we allow 'socialist' countries like Sweden and Finland to continue abusing their unhappy people?
"Just like Sweden, Denmark is a Nordic welfare state with most of its services free to the citizens. Expect to pay 72% of your money to the government on the highest income tax bracket. According to Wikipedia Denmark has the worlds highest taxes!
When buying a car in Denmark one has to pay 25% VAT to the import price of the vehicle and then a 180% registration tax on top. That means when a car sells for $20 000, you have to pay an additional $45 000 as taxes for the government (total of $65 000). That’s why people in Denmark ride bikes or use one of the best public transport systems in the world.

Denmark also has 2 autonomous provinces - the Faroe Islands and Greenland. The latter is over 50 times larger than Denmark but has about 100 times less people."

--

"This “welfare state” model is an excellent example of effective national taxes. Among other things the state provides universal tax-funded childcare, parental leave, health care, education (including university), retirement pensions and sick leave. Including value added tax (VAT - kind of like sales tax), it is possible to pay up to 80% of your income as taxes. Contrary to popular belief, Swedes are quite OK with their high taxes. After all it gives them tons of free and high quality services - what’s not to be happy about!

Sweden is also the home of IKEA - the worlds largest furniture store. IKEA’s founder Ingvar Kampard is famous for being the 7th richest person in the world (Net worth $31 billion) and driving a 15 year old Volvo station wagon. It has been claimed that more people read the Ikea catalogue than the Bible - and that one in ten Europeans have been conceived on an Ikea bed."

--

"Many people have no idea that Canada’s head of state is actually Queen Elizabeth II - the head of the British Monarchy. This meant that when Britain declared war on Germany in World War I, Canada was automatically at war with the soon to be Nazi country. Unlike the neighboring US, Canada has never cancelled its relations with Cuba and has declined to take part from the Iraq War - instead, it has played a leading role in the United Nations peacekeeping missions and helped to launch a $1.5 billion initiative to help develop vaccines that could save millions of people in poor countries. It seems that happy people make a happy country!"

Three democratic-socialist countries. All of which are listed under the Top 10 -happiest- countries in the world.

Barack Obama's plans are going to destroy this country just like theirs!
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#7 Nov 15, 2012
The oppression of the working class is really the only way the USA resembles Socialism. There is always an elite group that makes rules, sets policy, and lives off the wealth of the oppressed working class. The USA has that elite group. By the way, that elite group is the same group that does not want the working class to have government run health care. It is that same elite group that listens to lobbyists instead of the people who elected them. In fact, it's the same elitests who just lost our recent Election. LMFAO

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#8 Nov 15, 2012
dpb wrote:
The oppression of the working class is really the only way the USA resembles Socialism. There is always an elite group that makes rules, sets policy, and lives off the wealth of the oppressed working class. The USA has that elite group. By the way, that elite group is the same group that does not want the working class to have government run health care. It is that same elite group that listens to lobbyists instead of the people who elected them. In fact, it's the same elitests who just lost our recent Election. LMFAO
You've got part of it right...it is that elite class that wants the people not to think for themselves and not to run their own government but rather control the people through corporations or that same government. In other words...that elite class don't mind too much if the people get government healthcare...they already own the government and run the government...

The myth here is that we have any control or run anything other than choose what flavor of candidate is in office...that are already bought and paid for...by the elite class...

The people have been checkmated...
Thou

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Nov 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
...}
shalt not bear false witness.

Or have you just gone crazy?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Thou wrote:
<quoted text>
shalt not bear false witness.
Or have you just gone crazy?
I actually live there...

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#11 Nov 15, 2012
dpb wrote:
Why do we allow 'socialist' countries like Sweden and Finland to continue abusing their unhappy people?
"Just like Sweden, Denmark is a Nordic welfare state with most of its services free to the citizens. Expect to pay 72% of your money to the government on the highest income tax bracket. According to Wikipedia Denmark has the worlds highest taxes!
When buying a car in Denmark one has to pay 25% VAT to the import price of the vehicle and then a 180% registration tax on top. That means when a car sells for $20 000, you have to pay an additional $45 000 as taxes for the government (total of $65 000). That’s why people in Denmark ride bikes or use one of the best public transport systems in the world.
Denmark also has 2 autonomous provinces - the Faroe Islands and Greenland. The latter is over 50 times larger than Denmark but has about 100 times less people."
--
"This “welfare state” model is an excellent example of effective national taxes. Among other things the state provides universal tax-funded childcare, parental leave, health care, education (including university), retirement pensions and sick leave. Including value added tax (VAT - kind of like sales tax), it is possible to pay up to 80% of your income as taxes. Contrary to popular belief, Swedes are quite OK with their high taxes. After all it gives them tons of free and high quality services - what’s not to be happy about!
Sweden is also the home of IKEA - the worlds largest furniture store. IKEA’s founder Ingvar Kampard is famous for being the 7th richest person in the world (Net worth $31 billion) and driving a 15 year old Volvo station wagon. It has been claimed that more people read the Ikea catalogue than the Bible - and that one in ten Europeans have been conceived on an Ikea bed."
--
"Many people have no idea that Canada’s head of state is actually Queen Elizabeth II - the head of the British Monarchy. This meant that when Britain declared war on Germany in World War I, Canada was automatically at war with the soon to be Nazi country. Unlike the neighboring US, Canada has never cancelled its relations with Cuba and has declined to take part from the Iraq War - instead, it has played a leading role in the United Nations peacekeeping missions and helped to launch a $1.5 billion initiative to help develop vaccines that could save millions of people in poor countries. It seems that happy people make a happy country!"
Three democratic-socialist countries. All of which are listed under the Top 10 -happiest- countries in the world.
Barack Obama's plans are going to destroy this country just like theirs!
Um, some of this actually sounds like it supports my position on this. But for the parts that don't.....wait....the Queen is the head of Canada, huh?

If you were to announce that in any group of people in Canada, they'd lock you up. Not in prison, but in a padded room. Yes, her picture's still on the money. But she has no power or influence whatsoever.

Plus...what the hell has that got to do with anything?

“More Brains Than .....”

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

#12 Nov 16, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
One other point...President Hussein Obama
Didn't your main profit/prophet story-teller change his name from Saul?(such a nice Jewish boy)

Has he paid back his student loans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 min fmer505-1951 106,126
Mattel to introduce 'Mariachi Barbie' 13 min Oh sure 54
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 50 min fmer505-1951 55,196
Australia contributing planes for anti-IS campaign 6 hr USA Today 4
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) 7 hr Ladydc 85
For Perspective on Albuquerque Violence Look at... 9 hr St Freeq 2
Review: Adults On Rio Bravo (Nov '10) 19 hr Dave 606
•••
•••
Albuquerque Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Albuquerque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Albuquerque News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Albuquerque
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••