Presidential Debate 2012: Romney Vs. ...

Presidential Debate 2012: Romney Vs. Obama Round 1 - Who Won?

Created by Knightkore on Oct 4, 2012

99 votes

Click on an option to vote

Romney

Obama

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#2 Oct 4, 2012
President Obama, on the other hand, was passive bordering on disinterest. He seemed displeased at times, and even worse, he showed it.

{This part of that article is interesting because with President Obama's facial expression and manner I noticed this too, was wondering if anyone else picked up on it...it was either he was trying too hard to act kind of like..."yeah, yeah...yawn" which didn't come across quite like he probably wanted it to and then showing frustration as if he was being bothered or something...either way it was kind of a disrespect that showed that was rude...}

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2012
I watched my next to the last episode of "Into the West". I'm certain it was more interesting than the debate.

Elk Grove

#4 Oct 4, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
I watched my next to the last episode of "Into the West". I'm certain it was more interesting than the debate.
I wasn't going to watch because I wasn't too certain about Romney anyway. But Romney hit a homerun last night. He was just witty enough about things too...

Elk Grove

#5 Oct 4, 2012
http://on.aol.com/video/full-debate-517496782

Full Debate

Very good debate...fast forward the video to around minute 41. Very good tactic/transition for Romney on Medicare...on President Obama cutting $716 billon dollars from the program for current retirees...

Elk Grove

#6 Oct 4, 2012
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49287001/...

OBAMA: "I've proposed a specific $4 trillion deficit reduction plan.... The way we do it is $2.50 for every cut, we ask for $1 in additional revenue."

THE FACTS: In promising $4 trillion, Obama is already banking more than $2 trillion from legislation enacted along with Republicans last year that cut agency operating budgets and capped them for 10 years. He also claims more than $800 billion in war savings that would occur anyway. And he uses creative bookkeeping to hide spending on Medicare reimbursements to doctors. Take those "cuts" away and Obama's $2.50/$1 ratio of spending cuts to tax increases shifts significantly more in the direction of tax increases.

Obama's February budget offered proposals that would cut deficits over the coming decade by $2 trillion instead of $4 trillion. Of that deficit reduction, tax increases accounted for $1.6 trillion. He promises relatively small spending cuts of $597 billion from big federal benefit programs like Medicare and Medicaid. He also proposed higher spending on infrastructure projects.

Elk Grove

#7 Oct 4, 2012
OBAMA: "Over the last two years, health care premiums have gone up it's true but they've gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years. So we're already beginning to see progress. In the meantime, folks out there with insurance, you're already getting a rebate."

THE FACTS: Not so, concerning premiums. Obama is mixing overall health care spending, which has been growing at historically low levels, and health insurance premiums, which have continued to rise faster than wages and overall economic growth. Premiums for job-based family coverage have risen by nearly $2,400 since 2009 when Obama took office, according to the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. In 2011, premiums jumped by 9 percent. This year's 4 percent increase was more manageable, but the price tag for family coverage stands at $15,745, with employees paying more than $4,300 of that.

When it comes to insurance rebates under Obama's health care law, less than 10 percent of people with private health insurance are benefiting.

More than 160 million Americans under 65 have private insurance through their jobs and by buying their own policies. According to the administration, about 13 million people will benefit from rebates. And nearly two-thirds of that number will only be entitled to a share of it, since they are covered under job-based plans where their employer pays most of the premium and will get most of the rebate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49287001/...
obama is a dummy

Southampton, PA

#10 Oct 6, 2012
Romney exposed Obama for what he really is,A BIG PHONEY!!!!! They look you straight in the eye and say we are not taking 700 billion out of Medicare the Republicans are lying,what we really are doing is taking 700 billion out of Medicare.Because of Obamacare Keystone 65 told me a Doctors vist will only cost me $5.00 next year,great?We"ll my Doctor informed me that she will no longer be taking anyone on Medicare in 2013.Now I have to go look for a new Doctor,if you were a Doctor,would you take $5.00 for your services? Obama is a paper tiger, God help us if someone attacts America with is jerk as our leader...

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Oct 6, 2012
What happened with the first debate was that Obama presented the truth ... the good, the bad and the ugly ... and conducted himself as a gentleman. Romney, however, was a boorish liar.

I have no doubt that President Obama will take the gloves off for the next debate

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2012
If he's already shown us the good, the bad and the ugly, what else can he possibly show us? Sounds like a case of TMI to me!

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Oct 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
If he's already shown us the good, the bad and the ugly, what else can he possibly show us? Sounds like a case of TMI to me!
It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Two more debates to discuss other issues and to rebut what was said in the first debate.

Elk Grove

#14 Oct 6, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Two more debates to discuss other issues and to rebut what was said in the first debate.
Roseanne Barr is gonna sing? Hasn't that been tried before? Didn't go well...

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Oct 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
The fat lady singing for the GOP will be Rush Limbaugh in drag. Let's just hope he does not have any "wardrobe malfunctions" during his performace, otherwise FCC will have to re-write the obscenity laws.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 6, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
On that point I wholeheartedly agree. Although I've already made up my mind, as I suspect you have, perhaps this will cement things for others who are still on the fence.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG... TMI... I ~almost~ think I'd rather see Hillary in daisy dukes than hear Rosanne sing.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 6, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fat lady singing for the GOP will be Rush Limbaugh in drag. Let's just hope he does not have any "wardrobe malfunctions" during his performace, otherwise FCC will have to re-write the obscenity laws.
Rush is a poor entertainer IMO, one sorry clown. But then I can say the same for a number of the supposed 'in-the-know' radio and TV talk show clowns.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 6, 2012
Maybe, just maybe on the next debate, the high altitude won't affect Obama so badly...Poor guy it made him have a brain surge..

Location hidden

#20 Oct 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush is a poor entertainer IMO, one sorry clown. But then I can say the same for a number of the supposed 'in-the-know' radio and TV talk show clowns.
Ahhhh you mean like Chris Matthews on hardball...lol

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#21 Oct 6, 2012
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh you mean like Chris Matthews on hardball...lol
Yep, and Rachael Madcow among others... lol...

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#22 Oct 6, 2012
XENA 54 wrote:
Maybe, just maybe on the next debate, the high altitude won't affect Obama so badly...Poor guy it made him have a brain surge..
Maybe it was the lack of oxygen at the altitude<G>...

Location hidden

#23 Oct 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was the lack of oxygen at the altitude<G>...
Oh CD, you've got to read some of the excuses for Obama.. One even said, "he's the President, all he has to do is just stand there and say nothing".. Read more:::

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012...

Too funny!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for black daddy 1 hr Jeff 3
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 64,750
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 115,718
News Two charged in theft at assisted living center 9 hr LuzAranda 6
peelousy and the democrats Tue wowed 4
News Teen targeted on video chat site (Mar '16) Dec 10 Jen Jen 0 3
News Grad Issue: From high-school dropout to college... Dec 10 LuzAranda 1

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance