|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Jericho hammernuts wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have a clip. You have a magazine.
WRONG!!! I have both.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
From the internet...
A magazine is what is used to feed the weapon itself, whereas a clip is used to feed the magazine. Clips make loading of magazines much easier and faster, and in some cases, a clip is required in order for the magazine to work (e.g. M1 Garand).
Okay, I'm lost! All I know is I insert the bullets into the "clip" and insert it into the butt of the gun.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm lost! All I know is I insert the bullets into the "clip" and insert it into the butt of the gun.
For all intents and purposes, a clip and a magazine are one and the same if you google for anatomy of a semi-automatic handgun and look at the images & descriptions. Here's a good pic etc
http://www.tehowners.com/info/War,%20Weapons%...

My bad...<G>.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
For all intents and purposes, a clip and a magazine are one and the same if you google for anatomy of a semi-automatic handgun and look at the images & descriptions. Here's a good pic etc
http://www.tehowners.com/info/War,%20Weapons%...
My bad...<G>.
Interesting! It's a completely different configuration than mine but it says aka clip! Thank you, so I'm not that crazy lol! So, now, I'm still trying to figure out if that bill would ban a clip/magazine like mine. The one thing I did glean from the bill is that I have until June 30th to get the gun that I want lol!

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Yours is okay...and should have at least a half dozen mags and trade them out as it sets the spring to keep it constantly loaded. Also some will put one less in the magazine to help. And one in the spout. But then you have a safety issue and need to know about your gun. And never use a lock of any sort on a loaded pistol.

Anything over 10 in a magazine will be outlawed if passed. Which is why people with a pistol whose magazine is designed to carry 13 or 15 are stocking up now.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
Interesting! It's a completely different configuration than mine but it says aka clip! Thank you, so I'm not that crazy lol! So, now, I'm still trying to figure out if that bill would ban a clip/magazine like mine. The one thing I did glean from the bill is that I have until June 30th to get the gun that I want lol!
June 30 - IF it passes, but I doubt it will. Regardless, clip capacity in his bill ~appears~ to be greater than 10, hence 10 or less would be ok for the typical semi auto handgun provided I've red his mumbo-jumbo correctly.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Willothewisp wrote:
Yours is okay...and should have at least a half dozen mags and trade them out as it sets the spring to keep it constantly loaded. Also some will put one less in the magazine to help. And one in the spout. But then you have a safety issue and need to know about your gun. And never use a lock of any sort on a loaded pistol.
Anything over 10 in a magazine will be outlawed if passed. Which is why people with a pistol whose magazine is designed to carry 13 or 15 are stocking up now.
Whatever law(s) pass, be they state or federal, it will be interesting to see if they employ a 'grandfather' clause or not, IOW how they deal with existing guns, clips, ammo, whatever new prohibitions any passed bill(s) address/ban.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
Thank you for the info! Will keep everything you've told me in mind!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever law(s) pass, be they state or federal, it will be interesting to see if they employ a 'grandfather' clause or not, IOW how they deal with existing guns, clips, ammo, whatever new prohibitions any passed bill(s) address/ban.
I thought the law exempted weapons owned before July 1st. Of course, we never really know how things will get rewritten before it becomes "law".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past it was grandfathered. But not if they want to register everyone and everything. Figure the number. Then figure the feds and state will use your taxpayer dollar to employ thousands to data base and enforce. Lots of luck on that.

Love the posts from those who learned about guns from the movies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, you have a deadline of June 30th...but keep your receipts. Seems the law wants you to prove the grandfather clause, though how that will work is beyond me. And then you need to have it in a "securely locked gun safe except when the weapon is being transported or used." Great for safe manufacturers. Not great for those who have their "weapons" for self-defense. Obviously they, like some of the posters, have no idea about the use of a weapon beyond the newsprint or tv shows.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past it was grandfathered. But not if they want to register everyone and everything. Figure the number. Then figure the feds and state will use your taxpayer dollar to employ thousands to data base and enforce. Lots of luck on that.
Something tells me this will turn into one huge cluster f*** if one passes. I can foresee either NM or the Feds withholding peoples tax returns (for example) in order to force them to comply. Since I pay every year that won't affect me though<G>, but they'll find another way. Won't be the first time the public was held hostage. Extortion IMO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me this will turn into one huge cluster f*** if one passes. I can foresee either NM or the Feds withholding peoples tax returns (for example) in order to force them to comply. Since I pay every year that won't affect me though<G>, but they'll find another way. Won't be the first time the public was held hostage. Extortion IMO.
They would need the record of whether you have purchased a firearm and have to prove you still have it. Records are supposed to have been destroyed after a short period of time. The ones on the line are the state's CC holders who have a license and a paper trail. Not gun registration. No, we would never do that. And interesting note you made. The IRS is going to enforce the Health Care Act. Why not this. Watch the data mining. And the number of guns and magazines out there.
so we

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>

don't share your fetish and pet names. We know the function of the equipment and the result of proliferation and easy access to weaponry (and the irrational attitudes of the extremist gun nuts).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Absolutely correct. You do not have to know anything to make laws and sausage. Wouldn't let any knowledge stand in your way.
Uuuh

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
Absolutely correct. You do not have to know anything to make laws and sausage. Wouldn't let any knowledge stand in your way.
knowledge of things that matter is a great thing. Those that write the text of laws should make sure that the text reflects the intent of the proposal because we know that the gun worshipers and their bolld merchant sponsors hate the rule of law and will do what ever they can to cheat like they did before. For the rest of us, it is trivial when compared with the larger issue of the promotion of violence and gun madness.
skopr

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

http://youtube.com/watch...
Geez! mistake been made,,keep buying Weaons ans any size Magazines

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

why wrote:
<quoted text>
would you be scared, do something bad did you?
In the case of APD their track record isn't really gun safety conscious....

It is usually shoot first....and if we can't ask questions oh well....

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Uuuh wrote:
<quoted text>
knowledge of things that matter is a great thing. Those that write the text of laws should make sure that the text reflects the intent of the proposal because we know that the gun worshipers and their bolld merchant sponsors hate the rule of law and will do what ever they can to cheat like they did before. For the rest of us, it is trivial when compared with the larger issue of the promotion of violence and gun madness.
Larger issue of violence and gun madness?

None of these laws address the mental health system or violent people behind the guns....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of APD their track record isn't really gun safety conscious....
It is usually shoot first....and if we can't ask questions oh well....
Don't you think that tarring everyone with the same brush based on the minority isn't fair. They are government, yes. They are trained, yes. They probably, like our military, need the MH screening more than anyone since they constantly put themselves under stress.

Like condemning the 99% for the 1%.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of71
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 32 min Mister Chix 105,273
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr fmer505-1951 54,330
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 1 hr haha 6,006
Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 5 hr Pretty 219
People need to back off 10 hr MannyO 3
Chemtrails in Albuquerque (May '13) 20 hr elise in burque 212
Shameful people 21 hr LuzAranda 5
•••
•••