Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Those of you with opinions on gun control in NM might want to check out House Bill 402 http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/... Especially where it defines those guns and magazines further into the bill.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Contact your legislators to vote NO on this "infringement" of the 2nd Amendment.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I'm wondering how many more of this ilk will be introduced. The more specific they get, the more they leave themselves open to interpretation and potential lawsuits when implemented.

What I take from all this GC hype, federal as well as state is that it's ok to be schizophrenic and psychotic. Guns are the problem, not people.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

CornDogz wrote:
Those of you with opinions on gun control in NM might want to check out House Bill 402 http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/... Especially where it defines those guns and magazines further into the bill.
I couldn't quite tell about the large capacity ammunition part. I think my handgun that holds 12 in the clip, but does not extend beyond the grip, would be ok.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

It's not about gun safety, it's about gun confiscation once they get you registered. In fatal car accidents they blame the driver, not the car; in gun accidents they blame the gun not so much the gunner. I noticed they don't exempt concealed carry permit holders, even though they have have had background and medical checks. In this state there have been NO gun accidents/incidents from concealed carry permit holders. Criminals will not buy guns, they will steal them or get them on the black market. The proposed HB 402 is NOT about safety but about gun control/confiscation from law abiding citizens. These are the people who throw the baby out with the bath water.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't quite tell about the large capacity ammunition part. I think my handgun that holds 12 in the clip, but does not extend beyond the grip, would be ok.
Check out page 6, item 3.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out page 6, item 3.
Yes, but, it qualifies it as only working with a 22. As far as I can tell, anyway. Too many butchered sentences to really tell for me. I should ask Katia lol!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, but, it qualifies it as only working with a 22. As far as I can tell, anyway. Too many butchered sentences to really tell for me. I should ask Katia lol!
Agreed, it has too much detail woven into too many threads to be clear. But maybe unclear was the intent. If so he succeeded.

However the first part of #3 answers it I think -
(3) "large-capacity ammunition-feeding device"
means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that
has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted
to, accept more than ten rounds of ammunition or
Anything after that speaks to 22's. So my take is his mag/clip limit is 10, no more. At least that's how I read it anyway.

Does she know which end of a gun is which?

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It seems it means 10. And revolving cylinder shotgun? Armsel Striker. And magazine and large ammunition feeding device are meant to be different issues.

And traveling: not loaded, disconnected from the magazine, and with a secured trigger lock. Now that is good for car jackings.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

This bill was DOA when it was introduced. Does not stand a chance of being passed.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Lobo Viejo wrote:
This bill was DOA when it was introduced. Does not stand a chance of being passed.
Hope you are right, LV. HB77 is back again however. Contact the legislators and the governor and request they not support either HB402 or HB77.
when

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
And traveling: not loaded, disconnected from the magazine, and with a secured trigger lock. Now that is good for car jackings.
you are planning to carjack somebody you can take a minute to get your gun together.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

when wrote:
<quoted text>
you are planning to carjack somebody you can take a minute to get your gun together.
You really are a helpful poster. Forgot that I would have to load the magazine after fetching it. Load the pistol. Oops. First take off the trigger lock, then get the magazine, then load the pistol, or is it the magazine and then...

Forgot that in your book guns are for criminals and not for self-defense.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Dear old mucky Drasnia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I saw an APD cop about two years ago with a double stack Para-Ordinance 1911. That scares me, for altogether justifiable reasons, given APD's history.
why

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
I saw an APD cop about two years ago with a double stack Para-Ordinance 1911. That scares me, for altogether justifiable reasons, given APD's history.
would you be scared, do something bad did you?
Jericho hammernuts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
you don't have a clip. You have a magazine.
Jericho hammernuts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
Para ordnance not ordinance

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Willothewisp wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a helpful poster. Forgot that I would have to load the magazine after fetching it. Load the pistol. Oops. First take off the trigger lock, then get the magazine, then load the pistol, or is it the magazine and then...
Forgot that in your book guns are for criminals and not for self-defense.
Agreed. With the stiffness of my gun, I can barely get the lock cable through. I saw it recently, somewhere.....I also still have the key, somewhere lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Jericho hammernuts wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have a clip. You have a magazine.
Do I? Can you tell me the the definitions? I've always referred to them as clips, where my hand guns are concerned. Are you saying it's a magazine because of the capacity?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

<quoted text>
Do I? Can you tell me the the definitions? I've always referred to them as clips, where my hand guns are concerned. Are you saying it's a magazine because of the capacity?
From the internet...

A magazine is what is used to feed the weapon itself, whereas a clip is used to feed the magazine. Clips make loading of magazines much easier and faster, and in some cases, a clip is required in order for the magazine to work (e.g. M1 Garand).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeless slayings underscore dangers on the street 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 8 hr Mister Chix 54,880
Program to teach empathy to Albuquerque children 9 hr lolololol 1
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 9 hr Mister Chix 105,832
Push to lower penalties for marijuana possessio... 21 hr bad 1
New Mexico police 'execute' beloved dog of woma... 22 hr Mentally sick Topi ax 2
Should Sociopathic Liars be President? Sun Lol 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Albuquerque Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE