Bloomfield woman dies in gang fight

Bloomfield woman dies in gang fight

There are 62 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Bloomfield woman dies in gang fight. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A gang fight in Bloomfield has left one woman dead. Authorities say the woman was run over during the altercation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CornDog

Sheffield, AL

#1 Mar 17, 2008
This story leaves much to be said before one can make an assumption or state an opinion. A lot of info is missing it seems. If this is all they have then it shouldn't have even been reported yet.
notorious

Redmond, WA

#2 Mar 17, 2008
san jaun county is the most crooked county what about the homies that are in the hospital from carla alcon's boy's stabbing them that's what happens when you look for beef it's what's for dinner gater lets eat hungry??
Tired

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2008
Ok this is so lame! The gangs around here are stupid and need to leave this town. It used to be a great town and now you mention that you are from Bloomfield or Farmington you get looked down upon. What happened is sad but maybe it will open some peoples eyes.
Wake Up People

Parsons, KS

#4 Mar 17, 2008
No wonder New Mexico is ranked #3 in the country for crime. The state is losing its touch as it slipped from #2 last year. Nevada is #1 and Louisiana is #2.
Haddon

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2008
I feel that this incident is going to cause major gang warfare
blank

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2008
where is up date??? suspect 2more hit by son ?????? where is son ..why not mentioned??????....
CallousOneToo

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 17, 2008
"in a a trailer park." Well... there ya' go, enough said.
Pin

United States

#8 Mar 18, 2008
there are too many wannabe gangsters in Bloomfield.
lovie in bloomfield

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Mar 18, 2008
Carla was a sweet woman. No matter what the situation was, everyone needs to remember that she was a mother, a coworker, and a friend. RIP Carla! You will be very missed!
lovie in bloomfield

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Mar 18, 2008
CallousOneToo wrote:
"in a a trailer park." Well... there ya' go, enough said.
what? so trailer park people are automatically trash? Get with the times people!
Tragic events

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Mar 18, 2008
It's tragic that a woamn is dead after gang violence. My condolences to her family and I'll pray for her soul.

It sounds like the local authorities have nothing to go on. Is that because the gang members refuse to talk? If so, than that's too bad. Someone ran this woman over.

The little gang bangers need to open up and talk. I hear the soreno 13 ?? is moving into that area.
Amy

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2008
NO wonder people these days want to get recognized as gangsters. The police and newspapers did not have to label this as "gang related." The headline should have read, "Beavis and Butthead at it again." or "Idiots Rumble." That will stop people from getting into the news. Whatever happened to the one on one boxing matches? B/C of this stupid action, a woman is dead, my prayers to her family.
B-town Resident

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Mar 18, 2008
Haddon wrote:
I feel that this incident is going to cause major gang warfare
This is probaby true. Do believe that I read and article in the Farmington Daily Times in letters to the editor concerning the gangs in Bloomfield. But then take a look who some of the people are who run Bloomfield. The problem is bad and nobody wants to clean up this town. Remember a few years ago when Escobar was shot and killed gang related do believe. Clean up Bloomfield!!!!! Run the thugs out. Anyone who wears, acts like or associates with Bloomfield Gangs run them out of town arrest them!!!!!!!! Crime? Guilty by association.
Retaliation will probably happen. May no innocent person be caught in the meaningless cross-fire.
Christa

Algodones, NM

#14 Mar 18, 2008
Crazy man! This is like 20ft away from me!! And I was home all day!! What would have happend if I lived closer?! I can't beleive the cops don't work harder to keep this shit under control!
notorious

Redmond, WA

#15 Mar 18, 2008
Pin wrote:
there are too many wannabe gangsters in Bloomfield.
every gangster is a wannabe at one time or another no matter were your from besides what does the word gangster meen to you anyway you whatch too much t.v.
Sandra Armijo

Farmington, NM

#16 Mar 18, 2008
I want to know why names of juveniles are now not being released when just a few months ago, you guys had names and photos of the juveniles all over the news without permission from anyone!
Christa

Algodones, NM

#17 Mar 18, 2008
also on the note after reading some of these.. This area isn't that bad. It just noone wants to make the effort to clean it up cuz they fear that they will be "marked" stalked and killed, like in big city's!! There are so many holes in the system up here that noone seems to WANT to clean it up.

Ya, there are alot of wannabe EVERY THINGS up here, but you know what. Some of us call this place home. No, just cuz it was in a trailer park doesn't mean shit! I live 20ft from that trailer park! I know some of the ppl in it too...

This "Guilty by association."? So u want me to go to jail for going to high school with some of the "brown priders"? You want my daughter to go to the state, and probly wind up a druggie or prostitute by 16? I can understand to weed out all the gang peoples. But try to get the people IN THE GANG! No just cuz they no someone. I'm sure you know someone in a gang, just don't know iT!

Just clean up Farmington and Bloomfield and things will get better!! Get the gangs and the drugs out, and life will be a little bit easer!

“Judgy not lest ye be judgied!”

Since: Feb 08

Farmington, NM

#18 Mar 18, 2008
They are assuming gang violence at this point...they know next to nothing.
B-town Resident

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Mar 18, 2008
Christa wrote:
also on the note after reading some of these.. This area isn't that bad. It just noone wants to make the effort to clean it up cuz they fear that they will be "marked" stalked and killed, like in big city's!! There are so many holes in the system up here that noone seems to WANT to clean it up.
Ya, there are alot of wannabe EVERY THINGS up here, but you know what. Some of us call this place home. No, just cuz it was in a trailer park doesn't mean shit! I live 20ft from that trailer park! I know some of the ppl in it too...
This "Guilty by association."? So u want me to go to jail for going to high school with some of the "brown priders"? You want my daughter to go to the state, and probly wind up a druggie or prostitute by 16? I can understand to weed out all the gang peoples. But try to get the people IN THE GANG! No just cuz they no someone. I'm sure you know someone in a gang, just don't know iT!
Just clean up Farmington and Bloomfield and things will get better!! Get the gangs and the drugs out, and life will be a little bit easer!
Think you missed the concept of "guilty by association". I think you and I have 2 totally different concepts. Do hang w/ these gangs does you daughter hang w/ these gangs? If you do then your are "guilty by association".
But the 2 towns Bloomfield and Farmington seriously need to be cleaned up. I know that neighbor hood and it is a rough one. I would not wish any misfortune on anyone who is innocent in your neighborhood.
jimmy jam

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 18, 2008
sounds like mexicans movin and causing problems whereever they go .... deport them gangstas back to mexico they don't know what respect is and use their situation too justify breaking the law, so deport them brown prides back to their mothra land !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 17 min Alfred 62,404
"What Is Aleppo?" Gary Johnson: A person suffe... 1 hr fmer505-1951 19
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr fmer505-1951 113,358
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 1 hr Marc 6,935
The Ill and Diseased Hillary Clinton 2 hr Crooked Hillary c... 56
News New microbreweries joining the Albuquerque scene 11 hr Johanne 13
News LULAC: Albuquerque school mistreating bilingual... 13 hr Esther 12

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance