Shop At Lowe's Home Centers At Your O...

Shop At Lowe's Home Centers At Your Own Peril!

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Caveat Emptor

AOL

#1 Sep 6, 2011
Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., do not carry a full line of insurance, i.e., no med pay coverage on the premises. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. and their insurance company, Sedgwick Claims Management Service, Inc. aka Sedgwick CMS aka SRS aka SRS Specialty Risk Services will write you a short letter after your accident telling you: "Our client is truly sorry for the loss sustained." "Our investigation of this loss failed to demonstrate any responsibility or negligence on our insured (Lowe's) for your incident. Our insured (Lowe's) does not carry med pay coverage on the premises. Therefore liability is denied, we regret that we will not be in a position to make any payments in regards to this matter." signed Sean Goss, Account Representative, Lexington, KY, field office. The "KY" field office is a nice touch. I suppose that's to lubricate you to their position after your injury. Pay special attention if you are disabled, pregnant, elderly, etc. You are on your own and you should not have been shopping at Lowe's and their unsecured metal racks. Go to Home Depot, they secure their racks and will treat you far better, and give you a better deal than Lowe's Home Centers.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 6, 2011
<yawn>...

“All For One, One For All”

Since: Jul 11

Moscoo, Vermont

#3 Sep 6, 2011
We've had our run ins with our local Lowes. They gave us a hard time over our Service Sow so we decided never to return.

There's a lot a bad stuff about how they treat customers that got hurt at their stores on the internet. We ran into this one just today.

http://lowdownloweshomecentersinc.blogspot.co...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 6, 2011
Caveat Emptor wrote:
Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., do not carry a full line of insurance, i.e., no med pay coverage on the premises. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. and their insurance company, Sedgwick Claims Management Service, Inc. aka Sedgwick CMS aka SRS aka SRS Specialty Risk Services will write you a short letter after your accident telling you: "Our client is truly sorry for the loss sustained." "Our investigation of this loss failed to demonstrate any responsibility or negligence on our insured (Lowe's) for your incident. Our insured (Lowe's) does not carry med pay coverage on the premises. Therefore liability is denied, we regret that we will not be in a position to make any payments in regards to this matter." signed Sean Goss, Account Representative, Lexington, KY, field office. The "KY" field office is a nice touch. I suppose that's to lubricate you to their position after your injury. Pay special attention if you are disabled, pregnant, elderly, etc. You are on your own and you should not have been shopping at Lowe's and their unsecured metal racks. Go to Home Depot, they secure their racks and will treat you far better, and give you a better deal than Lowe's Home Centers.
So you did not pay attention to where you were walking and walked into one of the racks, busted your nose and wanted them to take responsibility for your carelessness.

Next time watch where you are walking and what your doing.

I will continue to shop both Lowes' and Home Depot as I please.

You might be better served at your local Ace Hardware.

Oh by the way, ever heard of the laws that require companies to carry insurance?

What you said is simply a first to try and avoid paying for your carelessness.

Go hire an attorney if you truly feel it is their fault.
Mike8

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 6, 2011
I need some cash, maybe I should slip and fall there too.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 6, 2011
Mike8 wrote:
I need some cash, maybe I should slip and fall there too.
Trolls like you are a dime a dozen.

As you walk around the streets look down, you might find a penny.

Bend over and pick it up, you will be a penny richer.

Now go find a real a real job.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Sep 6, 2011
Caveat Emptor wrote:
Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., do not carry a full line of insurance, i.e., no med pay coverage on the premises. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. and their insurance company, Sedgwick Claims Management Service, Inc. aka Sedgwick CMS aka SRS aka SRS Specialty Risk Services will write you a short letter after your accident telling you: "Our client is truly sorry for the loss sustained." "Our investigation of this loss failed to demonstrate any responsibility or negligence on our insured (Lowe's) for your incident. Our insured (Lowe's) does not carry med pay coverage on the premises. Therefore liability is denied, we regret that we will not be in a position to make any payments in regards to this matter." signed Sean Goss, Account Representative, Lexington, KY, field office. The "KY" field office is a nice touch. I suppose that's to lubricate you to their position after your injury. Pay special attention if you are disabled, pregnant, elderly, etc. You are on your own and you should not have been shopping at Lowe's and their unsecured metal racks. Go to Home Depot, they secure their racks and will treat you far better, and give you a better deal than Lowe's Home Centers.
You drink, you shop, you lose!
Bruno

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 6, 2011
Doesn't sound like they have the same insurance as McDonald's where the lady collected a bunch for hot coffee in her lap.
Perfect Example

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Sep 6, 2011
CornDogz wrote:
<yawn>...
meds kickin' in again, grampy?
Perfect Example

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Sep 6, 2011
Bruno wrote:
Doesn't sound like they have the same insurance as McDonald's where the lady collected a bunch for hot coffee in her lap.
That was a friend of mine's Grandmother. McDonald's deserved what it got, it's the one on the corner of Academy and San Mateo. I have been burned there, and they put coffee that was waaaay over the legal limit for it's heat, and filled it to the rim, so when she picked it up, the squeezing made her spill some of it, and then her hand burnt and she dropped it into her lap. It was an easy win, too.

BTW, my friend's Dad, who helped pay for the lawyer and get it started, is Republican and the lay reader at St. John the 23rd!

Hey, for 50$, can I give you third degree burns on your crotch, and tell you to like it, too?
Perfect Example

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Sep 6, 2011
Mike8 wrote:
I need some cash, maybe I should slip and fall there too.
Start turning tricks again, dude.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Sep 6, 2011
I wonder what that woman got from Sunflower Market after tasting some of that special Greek yogurt?
Perfect Example

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 6, 2011
Lobo Viejo wrote:
I wonder what that woman got from Sunflower Market after tasting some of that special Greek yogurt?
A lecture from republicans about how the market, and not a lawsuit, would solve it! And a martinez clone letting off the perp with a warning and nothing to keep track of him by!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#14 Sep 7, 2011
Bruno wrote:
Doesn't sound like they have the same insurance as McDonald's where the lady collected a bunch for hot coffee in her lap.
That had to be one of the biggest rip offs of all time, driving wit a cup of hot coffee in your lap.

I could not believe that one.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Passive Observer

AOL

#15 Sep 7, 2011
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
So you did not pay attention to where you were walking and walked into one of the racks, busted your nose and wanted them to take responsibility for your carelessness.
Next time watch where you are walking and what your doing.
I will continue to shop both Lowes' and Home Depot as I please.
You might be better served at your local Ace Hardware.
Oh by the way, ever heard of the laws that require companies to carry insurance?
What you said is simply a first to try and avoid paying for your carelessness.
Go hire an attorney if you truly feel it is their fault.
Keep shopping there. They are No. 2 in their business. And maybe some of that No. 2 will roll downhill and land on you, lol. Don't you ever get tired of that little world you live in?

“Well, Stick A Finger In My Eye”

Since: Sep 09

Wouldn't You Like To Know?

#16 Sep 7, 2011
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls like you are a dime a dozen.
As you walk around the streets look down, you might find a penny.
Bend over and pick it up, you will be a penny richer.
Now go find a real a real job.
I wouldn't go around calling others troll, if I were you. By your
post, you give us quite an insight into how closed minded you really are. You do have quite an imagination on you, I'll say that much.
If you keep up posts like the two examples here, you may have to change your name to "mindlessly spoken".

“Poor Boy, Long Way From Home”

Since: Feb 11

Need To Know Basis

#17 Sep 7, 2011
Lowe's in Albuquerque has changed quite a bit since they first opened up. They've gotten to be just as jaded and calloused as many other businesses there.
But then, what can you expect? It's the same demographic that puts it at the bottom of just about every list in the country.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#18 Sep 7, 2011
I guess what determines how people feel about this is whether or not it happened to B.S.'s bubbe or not; whether a critic has his or her own business; and whether or not one has ever been seriously injured due to the negligence or another. Businesses usually cry that they are not at fault in the same way criminals usually plead not guilty, or blame the police for chasing them. I'll definitely take the advice about shopping there at your own risk under consideration. If that's Lowe's attitude, they should put up a sign saying so.

“Go Away!”

Since: Mar 10

ABQ Far NE Heights

#19 Sep 7, 2011
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
So you did not pay attention to where you were walking and walked into one of the racks, busted your nose and wanted them to take responsibility for your carelessness.
Next time watch where you are walking and what your doing.
I will continue to shop both Lowes' and Home Depot as I please.
You might be better served at your local Ace Hardware.
Oh by the way, ever heard of the laws that require companies to carry insurance?
What you said is simply a first to try and avoid paying for your carelessness.
Go hire an attorney if you truly feel it is their fault.
Yikes! Talk about being jaded, judgmental, and cynical. Have you ever heard the phrase 'A55uming facts not in evidence'?

“A Deep Crustacean”

Since: Jul 11

Canis Minor, Sirius

#20 Sep 7, 2011
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
So you did not pay attention to where you were walking and walked into one of the racks, busted your nose and wanted them to take responsibility for your carelessness.
Next time watch where you are walking and what your doing.
I will continue to shop both Lowes' and Home Depot as I please.
You might be better served at your local Ace Hardware.
Oh by the way, ever heard of the laws that require companies to carry insurance?
What you said is simply a first to try and avoid paying for your carelessness.
Go hire an attorney if you truly feel it is their fault.
I read the post at the end of the link. There's a letter from some insurance company posted and an image of the guy's Lowe's credit card too. If you magnify the letter, the guy admits Lowe's doesn't have med pay coverage in its insurance. I'd go the Public Regulation Commission and Attorney General-Consumer Protection route before I went to a shyster. You never know which shysters in Albuquerque are in bed with which businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ALBQ APS Superindent Needs To Not Tweet The Per... 4 hr Jamar 106
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr Jamar 58,760
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 5 hr Piglet Von Chix 109,470
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 5 hr Hear This Armstrong 534
News 'How dare you judge me,' says APS school board ... 6 hr Manuel L 6
Vote For Donald Trump 7 hr you seem 83
APS school board 8 hr Willothewisp 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages