Should Josh Arnold get the death pena...

Should Josh Arnold get the death penalty for murder?

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Curious

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Dec 20, 2010
Wonder if his mother can relate to Astorga's mother, how does it feel to bring a cold blooded killer into this world?
How come the news let this one drop, but not the others that have happened recently? They should really be digging on this one. He was in a mental hospital twice recently. Guess the killers you let loose.
downlover

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Dec 21, 2010
Curious wrote:
Wonder if his mother can relate to Astorga's mother, how does it feel to bring a cold blooded killer into this world?
How come the news let this one drop, but not the others that have happened recently? They should really be digging on this one. He was in a mental hospital twice recently. Guess the killers you let loose.
What are you ignorant? No Josh Arnold does not deserve the death penalty! The THREE men that went after him didn't even have a problem with him, they were after him for a reason that did not even concern them. They were looking for trouble and this was a TRAJEDY. God bless all these families. May it never be you or someone you love. But for the grace of God go I. You would do well to remember such.
WorkingStiff

Carlsbad, CA

#4 Dec 24, 2010
fscott wrote:
Holy Day or Holiday?
Is it a religious holy day or a secular holiday?
Well, the post office is closed. The banks are closed. Public schools are closed. Sounds pretty secular to me. We’ve gotten the two fairly intermingled, haven’t we? Not so easy to say that it’s a purely religious holiday.
If you want it to be a truly counter-cultural religious holy day, why don’t we fight to make sure that it doesn’t appear to be a secular holiday, and have the post office open, banks open, and public schools open.
Then, if you want to show your devotion to your faith, you can make a sacrifice by using a vacation day to take off from work to show that it is important to you. Take your kid out of school to teach her that sometimes our commitment to faith comes before everything else.
Then again, the Sabbath is supposed to be a day of rest, but I see plenty of Christians running around 52 Sundays a year as busy–if not busier–than they are the rest of the week, so maybe we’re not so good about the whole “counter cultural” part of faith any more.
Your such a dammed idiiot! This thread isnt even about the bible or fox news or whatever else you spam shit about. You are just a phoking jerk. Go the fhok away.
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Dec 25, 2010
Holy Day or Holiday?
Well, the post office is closed. The banks are closed. Public schools are closed. Sounds pretty secular to me. We’ve gotten the two fairly intermingled, haven’t we? Not so easy to say that it’s a purely religious holiday.
If you want it to be a truly counter-cultural religious holy day, why don’t we fight to make sure that it doesn’t appear to be a secular holiday, and have the post office open, banks open, and public schools open.
Then, if you want to show your devotion to your faith, you can make a sacrifice by using a vacation day to take off from work to show that it is important to you. Take your kid out of school to teach her that sometimes our commitment to faith comes before everything else.
Then again, the Sabbath is supposed to be a day of rest, but I see plenty of Christians running around 52 Sundays a year as busy–if not busier–than they are the rest of the week, so maybe we’re not so good about the whole “counter cultural” part of faith any more.
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Dec 25, 2010
WorkingStiff wrote:
<quoted text>
Your such a dammed idiiot! This thread isnt even about the bible or fox news or whatever else you spam shit about. You are just a phoking jerk. Go the fhok away.
Holy Day or Holiday?
Jodi Love

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Dec 26, 2010
Im the mother of one of the victims in this tragedy my son did not go looking to get shot maybe josh should have kept his gun at home and he would not have ruined not only his life but the 2 men life's that he took away , One man lost his life for good my son may never walk again due to his negligence with a fire arm so death penalty yes I agree he should pay for his in crime and if that's what the courts decide. he has to pay for all the heartache and pain he has caused us and all the families involved
sunnipokadots

United States

#9 Dec 26, 2010
downlover wrote:
<quoted text>What are you ignorant? No Josh Arnold does not deserve the death penalty! The THREE men that went after him didn't even have a problem with him, they were after him for a reason that did not even concern them. They were looking for trouble and this was a TRAJEDY. God bless all these families. May it never be you or someone you love. But for the grace of God go I. You would do well to remember such.
So you believe that is a good enough defense for that boy to take a young mans life. You seem to have all the answers as to what happened. Its people like you who make the case as to what's so wrong with our judicial system. Don't bless our families. We were al blessed to have Jon as our family. You make me sick. You have NO clue what you are running your mouth about. This senseless cold blooded murderer has left a void in our lives. So for you, I pray that if some sick kid murders one of yours you wil be the first to stand up and proclaim how the death of your loved one was the wil of God! Then I will believe what a God fearing bible thumper you try to make yourself out to be. Until that day, don't judge my nephew for looking for his own death. Amen!
sunnipokadots

United States

#10 Dec 26, 2010
Anyone who takes anothers life should get the same justice. An eye for an eye. Oh and let's not try to make it seem this murderer was frightened and ALONE when he met up with the young men to settle their issues, because he was not. He told these men to meet him where he was already waiting, standing outside of his vehicle with his rifle hidden. They had NO chance to barely get out of their car before he unloaded 10 rounds on two of them. Mental illness is used too much as a defense. Makes it scary to realize that all you have to do is claim mental illness and you are automatically pardoned for taking someones life. If he is so sick, then the doctors who deemed him well enogh to walk our streets should be brought up on murder charges.
Fed Up

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Dec 27, 2010
So, Downlover, how can you sit there and take Josh's side in this, knowing what a rotten brat he has been? What if he had 'lost his temper' with you? He could have stayed home, he didn't have to go to the park, he went because he wanted to. I agree with sunnipokadots. This kid, excuse me, he is supposed to be a man now, guess not, needs to be put away for good. And I definately agree with Curious. How come the news isn't up on this one?
Channel 7 should be at the house asking questions. But then, his mom is pretty good herself about slipping out of taking resposibilty for screwing up, and letting kids die.
Curious

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Dec 27, 2010
Dear Jodi Love,
My heart goes out to you and the family of the boy who died. I pray your son gets well, and that God gives you both the strength to get through this. I can't believe someone would be so stupid to let their son take a gun out, knowing problems were in the wind. It's too late now, but hopefully Josh will get what he deserves. Yes, this was a trajedy, but for your son and the boy who died. Now, Josh will finally have to take resposibility for his actions. Let your son know there are many of us out here who wish the best for him. God Bless you both.
justice

San Martin, CA

#13 Dec 28, 2010
First off your the 3 of them went over thee looking to hrt someone and if they would have gotten there way they would have. Now i am not saying what Josh did was right but 3 on 1` come on grow up see it for what it is they would have hurt or maybe killed Josh is they had a chance.There is no death penalty in this state unless your crime is federal and is committed in the process of another crime. Who are you to say who deserves death you studid ass country hicks. Yes I know people were shot one killed one injured ,but maybe just maye you parents of these grown ass men should have layed off the dope and raised your kids right then none of this would have happened.The 3 of them set out that night to harm Josh they knew what they were doing this kid was scared 3 on 1 for real I hope they find it selfdefense because that is what it was.How do you fucks feel knowing your boys got shot because they went to beat up a young man with a mental diease. They all should be charged there is no victim in this crime Scott and Jon should have never been there they were being STUPID and stupid is a stupid does. To the parents of Josh be strong God ill protect your boy he knows that he was scared for his life I know those other men and they are not small all doped up and stupid They wouild have hurt Josh even killed him if given a chance.Those young men and their families are trash keep the faith and be strong.I will not waste my time telling you stupid country eth smoking hicks God bless you and your families because i believe God did not make a mistake, and your mistakes cost your sons and family thier lives.So JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS LOSERS!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 10

San Martin, CA

#14 Dec 28, 2010
Curious wrote:
You're an idiot and maybe you should be put to death the two crimes are completly different and should b judge as such this kid was scared there were 3 of them and you know what who is to say who said what to get him to go where they wanted him stupid ass country meth head you weren"t thereand i sure would not believe Jodi or Scott or any of the rest of you meth using freaks yep i said it This is the fault of the parents of the 3 boys who set out to Hurt josh that night RAISE YOUR CHILDREN YOUR KIDS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR DRUGS.GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES HEY GOT WAT WAS COMING TO THEM

San Martin, CA

#15 Dec 28, 2010
Josh is no cold blooded murder. Maybe Jodi Love and Jon's mom should feel some guilt your sons went after a mentally ill young man and got shot this is your fault the state should have taken yur kids and moved them far from you then they would have had a chance a life you women should be ashamed of yourselves and your sons.

San Martin, CA

#16 Dec 28, 2010
sunnipokadots wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that is a good enough defense for that boy to take a young mans life. You seem to have all the answers as to what happened. Its people like you who make the case as to what's so wrong with our judicial system. Don't bless our families. We were al blessed to have Jon as our family. You make me sick. You have NO clue what you are running your mouth about. This senseless cold blooded murderer has left a void in our lives. So for you, I pray that if some sick kid murders one of yours you wil be the first to stand up and proclaim how the death of your loved one was the wil of God! Then I will believe what a God fearing bible thumper you try to make yourself out to be. Until that day, don't judge my nephew for looking for his own death. Amen!
Yes that is exactly what he did. Maybe you and your family should step down from your high horse and take your blame in this you should have raised him better.There is no death penalty in this state Thank God!!
downlover

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Dec 28, 2010
Yes. I do believe that three on one is a good enough defense for self-defense. I also understand that the dealth penality is irrelevant in this case, for if you wateched the news, there is no death penality in New Mexico. However, what appears to be the true problem here are families that are refusing to accept responsibility for their loved one's actions. THREE on one is unfair and could be constued as mob mentality. There is no doubt those men meant harm to Josh and it is a tragedy that Josh was forced to defend himself so forceably. However, it was justifible.

Regardless of how you feel; the thing that perhaps makes me sickest is that instead of taking your loved ones lives and celebrating the time shared and the dreams accomplished, you attach to their memory venom and hate. No mention of what good people they were, just anger and vileness to be said. There is more than enough blame to go around. Seems to me that perhaps you should not be as pissed at Josh as you should be the girl and her idiot boyfriend who sent them.

It is my greatest wish to see them set JOSH FREE!!
sunnipokadots wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Dec 29, 2010
Wow, sounds like a few people are on their high horse defending this little piece of trash. He DID NOT HAVE TO GO!!! He did not have to meet them. You can sit there and tell everyone how to raise their kids, how did you do on yours??? You can sit there and tell everyone how they should feel, well, we have the right to our opinion also. Too bad the death penalty is gone, what Josh did was
pre-meditated, he took the gun with him, he went with the intention of killing them. Just think, maybe it would have been you he killed, just cause he felt threatened. Maybe he needs put somewhere where he will be safe. Anyway, he needs put away.
You think you have all the answers, downlover, you don't. Keep defending him justice1031, he will need all the help he can get. You call everyone meth heads, well, your not any better. I for one have never touched the stuff. Maybe you think your booze is any better???
Curious

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Dec 29, 2010
justice wrote:
First off your the 3 of them went over thee looking to hrt someone and if they would have gotten there way they would have. Now i am not saying what Josh did was right but 3 on 1` come on grow up see it for what it is they would have hurt or maybe killed Josh is they had a chance.There is no death penalty in this state unless your crime is federal and is committed in the process of another crime. Who are you to say who deserves death you studid ass country hicks. Yes I know people were shot one killed one injured ,but maybe just maye you parents of these grown ass men should have layed off the dope and raised your kids right then none of this would have happened.The 3 of them set out that night to harm Josh they knew what they were doing this kid was scared 3 on 1 for real I hope they find it selfdefense because that is what it was.How do you fucks feel knowing your boys got shot because they went to beat up a young man with a mental diease. They all should be charged there is no victim in this crime Scott and Jon should have never been there they were being STUPID and stupid is a stupid does. To the parents of Josh be strong God ill protect your boy he knows that he was scared for his life I know those other men and they are not small all doped up and stupid They wouild have hurt Josh even killed him if given a chance.Those young men and their families are trash keep the faith and be strong.I will not waste my time telling you stupid country eth smoking hicks God bless you and your families because i believe God did not make a mistake, and your mistakes cost your sons and family thier lives.So JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS LOSERS!!!!!!!
Sounds like you need your mougth cleaned out. If you can't keep it clean go away. You are such a hypocrite, don't spout religion unless you intend to follow it. Learn to spell also, your the hick.
Bringthedeathpen altyback

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Dec 29, 2010
downlover wrote:
Yes. I do believe that three on one is a good enough defense for self-defense. I also understand that the dealth penality is irrelevant in this case, for if you wateched the news, there is no death penality in New Mexico. However, what appears to be the true problem here are families that are refusing to accept responsibility for their loved one's actions. THREE on one is unfair and could be constued as mob mentality. There is no doubt those men meant harm to Josh and it is a tragedy that Josh was forced to defend himself so forceably. However, it was justifible.
Regardless of how you feel; the thing that perhaps makes me sickest is that instead of taking your loved ones lives and celebrating the time shared and the dreams accomplished, you attach to their memory venom and hate. No mention of what good people they were, just anger and vileness to be said. There is more than enough blame to go around. Seems to me that perhaps you should not be as pissed at Josh as you should be the girl and her idiot boyfriend who sent them.
It is my greatest wish to see them set JOSH FREE!!<quoted text>
Sounds like you needed to be in the mental hospital with Josh when he went. Anyone who would free a cold blooded killer is nuts.
Yeah, cast the blame elsewhere, THEY DIDN'T BRING GUNS. Maybe Josh's mom should have got off the booze long enough to help her kid. He's old enough to know better. He needs to take resposibilty for his actions now.
downlover

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Dec 29, 2010
Thank you all for proving my point - still not one good thing to say about any of the three who they themselves DID NOT HAVE TO GO no word about the fact that they were sent like hired hands to do someonelses dirty work who was even more gutless and couldn't fight on his own like a man. Josh defended himself - you are proving the point for him. Read what you write. Sounds to me acceptance of reality is beyond you. Though I truly could not be sorrier for this situation, I'm not confused about how it got that way - and it didnt start with Josh. As far as how I raised my kids - quite well thank you - in a church with the help of GOD.
Curious wrote:
Wow, sounds like a few people are on their high horse defending this little piece of trash. He DID NOT HAVE TO GO!!! He did not have to meet them. You can sit there and tell everyone how to raise their kids, how did you do on yours??? You can sit there and tell everyone how they should feel, well, we have the right to our opinion also. Too bad the death penalty is gone, what Josh did was
pre-meditated, he took the gun with him, he went with the intention of killing them. Just think, maybe it would have been you he killed, just cause he felt threatened. Maybe he needs put somewhere where he will be safe. Anyway, he needs put away.
You think you have all the answers, downlover, you don't. Keep defending him justice1031, he will need all the help he can get. You call everyone meth heads, well, your not any better. I for one have never touched the stuff. Maybe you think your booze is any better???
Fed Up

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Dec 30, 2010
downlover wrote:
Thank you all for proving my point - still not one good thing to say about any of the three who they themselves DID NOT HAVE TO GO no word about the fact that they were sent like hired hands to do someonelses dirty work who was even more gutless and couldn't fight on his own like a man. Josh defended himself - you are proving the point for him. Read what you write. Sounds to me acceptance of reality is beyond you. Though I truly could not be sorrier for this situation, I'm not confused about how it got that way - and it didnt start with Josh. As far as how I raised my kids - quite well thank you - in a church with the help of GOD.
<quoted text>
You sound like you know everything that has happened. Were you there? You can cast the blame on everyone you want, Josh held the gun in his hand, aimed and fired. He knew what he was doing. And as to you raising your whelps in church, you should have gone also. You completely miss the point of what God asks you to do. You sound like the typical religous hyocrite. Your condeming the others who need forgivness also. Why don't you sit quietly in the corner and let the grown ups have their opinon. You've stated yours and not many agree. Guess why it happened is irrelevant now, it happened and Josh will pay the price, along with the families of the people he hurt. Also, don't spout off religion if you don't live your religon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Elvis Nino C_____" 3 hr Forrest 1
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 12 hr Mister Chix 63,615
TRUMP just POed Many More People 15 hr More 33
News Tucumcari toddler dies, mother's boyfriend charged (Sep '08) 16 hr heartbroken 71
Left-Handers and Rh Negative Blood, Connection... (Feb '12) 19 hr Pjj 62
German looked so cute at wheel of Silver Honda CRV 21 hr the muffin man 2
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) Sun new parrot 114,583

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages