Man arrested in Albuquerque stabbing

Bernalillo County deputies have arrested a man in the death of his roommate at an Albuquerque-area group home for the mentally disabled. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My 2 Cents

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jul 30, 2008
If the man who did the stabbing is mentally ill (my guess is he is if he's living in a group home for the mentally ill and has imagianry friends) will they try him? or send him right into the state hospital for the mentally ill?

“my email: showstoppa505@ya hoo”

Since: May 08

Burque foolz

#8 Jul 30, 2008
all right all right already, excuse me and I apologize that you are offended at my comments on this post...

“Watch out now!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Burque NM

#10 Jul 30, 2008
ha what a bunch of cry babies on here. Why don't you log off the computer and hide in your room so we donít have to worry about hurting any of your feelings. This forum is packed with useless and hateful remarks and you want to cry about this, get real!!!
Curtains wrote:
Hey "showstoppa" why don't you stop the show and get real, grow up!
CornDog

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jul 30, 2008
My 2 Cents wrote:
If the man who did the stabbing is mentally ill (my guess is he is if he's living in a group home for the mentally ill and has imagianry friends) will they try him? or send him right into the state hospital for the mentally ill?
Sadly, killing someone seems to be the price of admission to the St Mental Hospital.
Curtains

Tuba City, AZ

#12 Jul 30, 2008
JGR75 wrote:
ha what a bunch of cry babies on here. Why don't you log off the computer and hide in your room so we donít have to worry about hurting any of your feelings. This forum is packed with useless and hateful remarks and you want to cry about this, get real!!!
<quoted text>
Hmm, maybe you should take your own advise and log off. Do you understand what "freedom of speach" is? Do you understand the concept of a "forum"? As for feelings - mine certainly aren't hurt so don't worry. I'm not crying or considering hiding out in my room. I'm simply expressing my opinion, as are others here, including you. You are correct, some of the opinions expressed on this forum can be described as "useless and hateful"; however, it is our choice as to which we'll comment on - and, from what I've seen on this forum, we do just that. So, I think you need to "get real" and participate in the "spirit" of this forum without asking participants that don't share your opinion to log off.
Cherie

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jul 30, 2008
If you think about it, this was a story just waiting to happen. Think about it. A bunch of mentally ill people living in a group home all together. Hmmm, don't cha think eventally some one was gonna go off the deep end and lose what little mind they had left? That's why they have Mental hospitals with medication checks in place. HELLO! Were these people monitored on a regular basis or was this just a group home for crazy indigents?

“I'm all weirded out”

Since: Jul 08

Jersey

#24 Jul 30, 2008
Little GAL wrote:
Are you gay or married?
<quoted text>
Married, LittleGayal is a character in a horror movie I am scripting. The picture is my son , who is serving in Iraq.

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#26 Jul 30, 2008
talk about a derailed thread.
just me

Annandale, VA

#27 Jul 30, 2008
LittleGAYal wrote:
<quoted text> Married, LittleGayal is a character in a horror movie I am scripting. The picture is my son , who is serving in Iraq.
tell him thanks for his service please. I sure appreaciate him and all others in uniform.

Burque foolz

#29 Jul 30, 2008
how have you been todd? havent seen you much
XENA

Bernalillo, NM

#30 Jul 30, 2008
LittleGAYal wrote:
<quoted text> Married, LittleGayal is a character in a horror movie I am scripting. The picture is my son , who is serving in Iraq.
I will pray for his safe return. I'll also pray for your strenght also. I know it's not easy. God Bless
XENA

Bernalillo, NM

#31 Jul 30, 2008
evil todd wrote:
talk about a derailed thread.
Isn't it though todd. Hi, how are you doing.

“hardcore engine revver”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#32 Jul 30, 2008
Better than the guy that got stabbed.
Johnny V

United States

#33 Jul 30, 2008
What exactly is a "warlock" anyway?

Burque foolz

#34 Jul 30, 2008
hahahaha ooo better watch out that might offend sum1 here todsy! lol
CornDog

Albuquerque, NM

#35 Jul 30, 2008
A male witch for want of a better term, like a Sorcerer more or less.
Stymied

Santa Fe, NM

#36 Jul 30, 2008
If the man was determined to be incompetent in 2002, why was he again placed out in public? What does this say about our legal system as well as our mental health system?

Albuquerque, NM

#38 Jul 30, 2008
Seems the system has failed again and a man has died because of it. Mr. Ortega had a violent past and I imagine was on medication for his problems. Mr. Whitehorse had expressed a fear of Mr. Ortega. I thought these homes are supposed to be safe havens for those who need help. Something needs to be done about this problem. Jail does not seem to be the place for Mr. Ortega. He needs to go back to Las Vegas Pyschiatric Hospital for help. Retired RN

Albuquerque, NM

#39 Jul 30, 2008
Stymied wrote:
If the man was determined to be incompetent in 2002, why was he again placed out in public? What does this say about our legal system as well as our mental health system?
This is how our system works. People are released to group homes when it is felt by psychiatrists that they are stabilized on medications. The problem happens when funding for programs for these individuals is cut and they are not being effectively cared for, receiving counseling and monitored.
WOWWARLOCK

Albuquerque, NM

#40 Jul 30, 2008
I am a warlock..... on World of warcraft.... but the story is still sad...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Albuquerque focuses on recycling (Nov '10) 5 hr kirrecycles 38
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 5 hr Katia 56,505
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 5 hr Mister Chix 107,271
Debate: Drinking Age - Albuquerque, NM (Dec '11) 16 hr Tyler 44
Decoding the "Sabayo" of Goa Wed SpiritualAbuseSan... 1
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) Wed Gilbert 1,004
Robenson 'Robey' Egbert Chavez-Arnold & K... Wed Glad I Left 2

Winter Storm Warning for Bernalillo County was issued at January 30 at 4:47AM MST

Albuquerque Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:16 am PST

NBC Sports 3:16AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton