Hurdles imminent for roundabout plan

Hurdles imminent for roundabout plan

There are 4 comments on the KOB-TV story from Sep 29, 2012, titled Hurdles imminent for roundabout plan. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

City leaders in Albuquerque told attendeed of a public meeting Thursday that a roundabout at the intersection of Candelaria and Rio Grande was a done deal, but the city told KOB Eyewitness News 4 Friday that was not exactly the case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 29, 2012
One of our great Councilors, Debbie O'Malley wanted this last meeting to hear what her constitutes have to say about the roundabout, she cares so she said.

BUT WAIT, she made it very clear whatever they said means nothing to her as she still will do all she can to have it installed.

All she really seems to care about his her EGO as a Councilor.

If she really cared what they want she would do all she can to stop the waste of money and the traffic jams it will create.

So much for our great councilors and how they care about us peons.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
One of our great Councilors, Debbie O'Malley wanted this last meeting to hear what her constitutes have to say about the roundabout, she cares so she said.
BUT WAIT, she made it very clear whatever they said means nothing to her as she still will do all she can to have it installed.
All she really seems to care about his her EGO as a Councilor.
If she really cared what they want she would do all she can to stop the waste of money and the traffic jams it will create.
So much for our great councilors and how they care about us peons.
Besides her ego, she loves to hear herself flap her jaws at council mtgs. I think she babbles 4x-5x more than any other councilor does. I hope voters are smart enough to reject her bid for a BernCo Commission seat in Nov.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides her ego, she loves to hear herself flap her jaws at council mtgs. I think she babbles 4x-5x more than any other councilor does. I hope voters are smart enough to reject her bid for a BernCo Commission seat in Nov.
The problem with the county seat is Governor Martinez has the option to appoint someone to fill the open seat first.

And she is one being considered, she needs a real job and unless I am wrong did she not say two years ago she was moving to another state as she was offered a job?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with the county seat is Governor Martinez has the option to appoint someone to fill the open seat first.
And she is one being considered, she needs a real job and unless I am wrong did she not say two years ago she was moving to another state as she was offered a job?
I ~think~ you are mistaken. As I recall, the governor has no say whatsoever in local government positions, in this case a BernCo Comm. She does for legislators but that's at the state level, not local.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Van used for New Mexican veterans vandalized 23 min Here 13
News U-Haul stolen in Albuquerque during family's cr... 27 min Here 21
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr fmer505-1951 113,100
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr fmer505-1951 62,246
News Can't miss concerts 2016 1 hr Not stoned 3
Academy Acres Estates-Abq NE-Burglary Suspects ... 2 hr One ALBQ homeowner 5
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 2 hr Wake Up Call 6,902

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance