New Mexico to expand Medicaid program

Jan 9, 2013 Full story: KOB-TV 34

Republican Gov. Susana Martinez says New Mexico will follow provisions of a federal health care law to expand the state's Medicaid program to potentially provide medical services to 170,000 low-income adults.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Guess who gets to pay for it. Not the low income recipients.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Welcome to the beginning of Obamacare... that's how it was designed.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#3 Jan 9, 2013
How's that saying go "Those who were last will be first, and those who are first will be last".
The rich get richer and you spout on the needy.
Shame on you!
You've got a republican Gov. but yet the state overwhelmingly voted the other way. All I can say is hhmm.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 9, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
How's that saying go "Those who were last will be first, and those who are first will be last".
The rich get richer and you spout on the needy.
Shame on you!
You've got a republican Gov. but yet the state overwhelmingly voted the other way. All I can say is hhmm.
We indeed have a Republican Governor and she has done a damn good job considering all the democrat lugnuts in the state legislature.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Hagar wrote:
<quoted text>We indeed have a Republican Governor and she has done a damn good job considering all the democrat lugnuts in the state legislature.
So your saying thats shes a one hit wonder and works and thinks alone. How selfish but that's to be expected from a republican.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying thats shes a one hit wonder and works and thinks alone. How selfish but that's to be expected from a republican.
Check the political composition of the legislature. She has an uphill fight, but at least she is fighting and gaining some support! It's you who can't see the real forest for the political trees!
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Hagar wrote:
<quoted text>Check the political composition of the legislature. She has an uphill fight, but at least she is fighting and gaining some support! It's you who can't see the real forest for the political trees!
That forest started from a seed and developed roots did it not.
It sounds to me like shes having an Obama moment. So the next time you try the shaking the tree to which you think the leaves will only fall to one side please think again.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#8 Jan 9, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
<quoted text>
That's me just a chock full of nuts and I might say very tasty at that.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#9 Jan 9, 2013
A very tasty one at that.
Hagar

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Jan 9, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds to me like shes having an Obama moment. So the next time you try the shaking the tree to which you think the leaves will only fall to one side please think again.
Your post name says that you wouldn't know the truth if it crawled up your *** and bit you.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#11 Jan 9, 2013
Hagar wrote:
<quoted text>Your post name says that you wouldn't know the truth if it crawled up your *** and bit you.
Seeing that I've never had anything crawl up my arse and couldn't even conceive of why anything would want to your dead wrong about me.
The only reason she could or would pull this off is because theres a majority of democrats in the arena, the guys and gals with their hands out and not in their own pockets.
Peas in a pod

Enterprise, AL

#12 Jan 9, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a smart cookie. More people should listen to you.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 9, 2013
Peas in a pod wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a smart cookie. More people should listen to you.
BUSTED - responding to your own post - TROLL!!!
medicare vs medicaid

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Hagar wrote:
Guess who gets to pay for it. Not the low income recipients.
as long as people don't confuse the 2 plans

medicaid
fully funded by taxpayers, recipient if never had worked paid nothing to the system.
recipient pays nothing, no premium, no co-pay, no deductible. Plus full dental and eye care.

medicare
recipient paid for via payroll tax deduction until recipient cannot work.
recipient pays as of 2013 increase $101.00 a month,$100.00 deductible, 20% co-pay. Plus no dental or eye coverage at all which makes no sense as seniors have a demonstrated higher need for dental and eyecare which is 100% out of pocket.

it gets so tiring hearing how seniors get 'free' medical, they don't.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Damned good thing that the 53% are paying for Medicaid to cover the 47% who don't<sigh>.

Its going to be most interesting to see how Medicare interacts with my current health care provider and insurance later this year when I turn 65. Something tells me my out of pocket and/or coverage will be changing, and not for the better either. The farm fuzzy feeling of a smooth transition doesn't come to mind.
Peas in a Pod

Enterprise, AL

#16 Jan 10, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
BUSTED - responding to your own post - TROLL!!!
Prove it!
You can't be DEA or FBI because according to reports your too busy getting cheap paid and unpaid sex from prostitutes or do you men just refer to this as special privileges. The appropriate thing to do is strip them of their top secret clearance and give them a desk job where they can be monitored.
The very people that are suppose to abide by the law are usual the lawbreakers and you wonder why no one respectable respects the system in which these men have declared an oath.
It doesn't matter if prostitution is legal in Mexico those people have no morality anyways. The point is that you are subjected to a higher moral standard.
To give some of these men a slap on the hands just shows integrity is not high on the priority list.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#17 Jan 10, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Damned good thing that the 53% are paying for Medicaid to cover the 47% who don't<sigh>.
Its going to be most interesting to see how Medicare interacts with my current health care provider and insurance later this year when I turn 65. Something tells me my out of pocket and/or coverage will be changing, and not for the better either. The farm fuzzy feeling of a smooth transition doesn't come to mind.
What do you want for a state that embraces illegal citizens to come work not pay taxes and play and get paid for it and then are bold enough to brag about their illegalities.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#18 Jan 10, 2013
medicare vs medicaid wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as people don't confuse the 2 plans
medicaid
fully funded by taxpayers, recipient if never had worked paid nothing to the system.
recipient pays nothing, no premium, no co-pay, no deductible. Plus full dental and eye care.
medicare
recipient paid for via payroll tax deduction until recipient cannot work.
recipient pays as of 2013 increase $101.00 a month,$100.00 deductible, 20% co-pay. Plus no dental or eye coverage at all which makes no sense as seniors have a demonstrated higher need for dental and eyecare which is 100% out of pocket.
it gets so tiring hearing how seniors get 'free' medical, they don't.
Thats were I beg to differ. Not everyone that enrolls in medicaid is unemployed and not everyone who signed up for medicare worked a day in their life.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#19 Jan 10, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
Hopefully they will come up with a better solution for our senior citizens on a fixed income. My parents worry of this as well so hopefully everthing works out for the best.
Truth be known

Enterprise, AL

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Truth be known wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want for a state that embraces illegal citizens to come work not pay taxes and play and get paid for it and then are bold enough to brag about their illegalities.
I'm not trying to start a race war but our country needs to get down to the bare knuckles attitude and start admitting to where the root of the problem is and find solutions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alaska Airlines jets off from Seattle-Tacoma to... 1 hr New Mexico 1
'Bless Me, Ultima' novelist Anaya inducted into... 3 hr fmer505-1951 13
Mattel to introduce 'Mariachi Barbie' 4 hr fmer505-1951 167
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr fmer505-1951 106,248
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr fmer505-1951 55,311
Casaus/Browder case 11 hr fmer505-1951 2
More than 500 walk to raise awareness about sui... 15 hr fmer505-1951 14
Albuquerque Dating
Find my Match

Albuquerque Jobs