Christopher Torres Killing- More Likely Scenarios

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

Genesis 40-15

AOL

#1 Apr 17, 2011
To date, neither Director of Public Safety Darren White, nor
Chief of Albuquerque P.D. Raymond Schultz, nor any of the bevy of
Public Information Officers at APD have informed the public why
the SWAT Unit or Bomb Squad were called out to the late Christopher
Torres's home AFTER he had died of the 3 wounds from one of the detectives who were first on the scene (Brown and Hilger). According to DOPS White, Christopher Torres was successful in taking a pistol out of one of the Detective's safety holsters (say what?) and was pointing it at one of the officers. But let's say we believed that scenario- Why were SWAT and the Bomb Squad called?
Here are some possible scenarios based on that callout.

First of all, Albuquerque P.D. is now insisting that they went to serve a Warrant based on over 2 DOZEN road rage incidents (misdemeanors). However, we were told the warrant they were serving was a FELONY warrant. As Albuquerque P.D. well knows,
Christopher Torres would have been able to prevail in just about
ANY misdemeanor he was accused of committing because he was mentally incompetent. At Metro Court, he would have been scheduled for a psychiatric evaluation at Metro Court Probation Services. The physician administering it would then notify Judge Vincent Valdez of the findings of said evaluation and the case would have been "dismissed in the interests of justice". To be able to hold on to Christopher Torres in jail and really get their teeth into him, Albuquerque P.D. needed A FELONY. So, the last road rage incident, a simple Assault and Battery (misdemeanors)
was blown into an attempted Motor Vehicle Theft, a felony, and that is what was apparently at the heart of the warrant. As someone mentally incompetent, then District Court could hold him WITHOUT BOND, pending a psychiatric evaluation. This could take just as long as District Court and the DA's office wanted. If he were found mentally-incompetent, then he could be sent to NM State Hospital. Wait times being what they are, he could be held even longer until they had "the room" to see him in their Diagnostic Unit. This would involve several more months. After he had been evaluated at NMSH, they would provide treatment, which would last many more months. If he was deemed still incompetent, he could be held for as long a time as he would have received if he had been convicted of his felony(ies) at NMSH, as John Hyde is, for example.
All the time, without bond. And that is the beauty of a Felony Arrest Warrant for what were misdemeanor offenses.

Christopher Torres, a schizophrenic, much in the same type of delusion that caused him to shout out that he was a DEA Agent at
Garcia's Kitchen, fibbed and told Detectives he had a bomb inside his home and if they attempted to arrest him, he would use his cell phone to set it off. Christopher Torres was holding a cell phone and Detectives Brown or Hilger shoot him 3 times before he sets off the imaginary bomb. But that would not explain the call for the SWAT Unit. Second scenario, similar to the first, but
Christopher Torres Claims an accomplice inside the house is heavily armed and will set off a bomb if Christopher Torres is arrested. Torres starts to fight off the Detectives and he is shot
("screw him, he's just a nut anyway") 3 times. SWAT and the Bomb Unit are called to address the accomplice with bomb issue. Third scenario, Christopher Torres tells the detectives he's not going anywhere until he talks to his relatives, who are lawyers. He reaches for his cell phone and is shot 3 times by Brown or Hilger believing he was reaching for a firearm. SWAT and Bomb Unit are called as a diversion and to potentially poison Grand Jury Members or Jury Members as to the gravity of the situation, to properly divert the attention of the media and neighbors while the crime scene was prepared, and to get valuable time to concoct a scenario.
Remember the phony SWAT raid of 1999, to plant an illegal bug on a murder suspect!
Darren

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 17, 2011
Good thing apd shot his ass since we have bleeding hearts that would have gotten him off of all of the crimes he has been committing. You said so in Your post. Swat was called because they were unsure if the place was booby trapped, same with bomb squad. Hard for You to grasp reality? His family has zero case, and should lawyer up for the avalanche of lawsuits coming their way from all of his victims. Maybe they can sell the mustang they gave him to get around Albuquerque and terrorize citizens, to help pay all of the lawsuits from his victims.
ZIAmouth

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Apr 17, 2011
Genesis, there's another scenario. SWAT and the bomb squad were called to trample the crime scene such as we had with Levi Chavez.

Something is just not right with the picture though. Two cops go to serve a warrant, something happens and Torres is shot. THEN SWAT and the bomb squad are called. HUH. If the possibility of a booby trap existed then SWAT and bomb squads should have handled the warrant from the beginning. The whole situation stinks. And that includes the Torres family who did nothing to protect ABQ citizens from the actions of their loony brother.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#4 Apr 17, 2011
Seeing the SWAT team on TV every other week or so - and usually not where the action really is - one has to wonder if maybe these guys like playing Army Man a little too much.

The only thing missing is Darren White astride a stallion, brandishing a sword in lead of the charge, with a team of public information officers following close behind in an armored, motorized grandstand.
ZIAmouth

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 17, 2011
walterfm wrote:
Seeing the SWAT team on TV every other week or so - and usually not where the action really is - one has to wonder if maybe these guys like playing Army Man a little too much.
The only thing missing is Darren White astride a stallion, brandishing a sword in lead of the charge, with a team of public information officers following close behind in an armored, motorized grandstand.
Excellent observations! Police forces have been the major recipient of all kinds of military related hardware since 9/11. Its also been a significant factor in the demand on ammo (along with the wars) which has impacted pricing and in some areas availability. Has it made us any safer? I don't think so.

I see your a fan of Darren like myself.
Genesis 40-15

AOL

#6 Apr 17, 2011
Darren wrote:
Good thing apd shot his ass since we have bleeding hearts that would have gotten him off of all of the crimes he has been committing. You said so in Your post. Swat was called because they were unsure if the place was booby trapped, same with bomb squad. Hard for You to grasp reality? His family has zero case, and should lawyer up for the avalanche of lawsuits coming their way from all of his victims. Maybe they can sell the mustang they gave him to get around Albuquerque and terrorize citizens, to help pay all of the lawsuits from his victims.
Not a matter of being a bleeding heart, which I am not, it's a matter of law, in Bernalillo County. Unfortunately, like in the case of CYFD's turn-in-an-abuser toll-free line, too many people in Albuquerque turn in people for non-crimes just because they've got a score to settle. The mentally-handicapped have a marked disadvantage because authorities are hardly ever willing to take them seriously when they report a crime after being victimized, yet they are only too happy to believe the worst about them when they are themselves are reported for allegedly committing offenses.
I'm sure you don't really mean that mentally-ill people should be summarily executed, particularly when they are goaded into bad behavior by others. BTW, that guy that the late Christopher Torres got into a fight with at Garcia's Kitchen (Jose' Garcia) was arrested for unlawfully being in possession of a firearm, and booked into MCDC on the same day Christopher Torres was. Jose' Garcia is SANE, and the crime he committed was ranked more serious than Christopher Torres. Do you think APD should pay him a visit and execute him too??? Just wondering. How about people like Officer Levi Chavez, who killed his wife to shut her up about his and his buddies' insurance fraud, should HE be executed without a trial? How about Officer Tank Guenther, who raped HIS OWN NIECE for years and threatened to kill her and her family if she talked- should APD pay him a visit and execute him without a trial as well?
Or is it just civilians that should be summarily executed without a trial, but never Albuquerque Police Officers? I know, the Albuquerque Police Officers are ALWAYS innocent until proven guilty, but not the civilians, who are always guilty until they are acquitted by a technicality! LOL. Please explain- inquiring minds want to know.
Darren

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 17, 2011
Taking a gun from a cop, and being shot, is far from being executed. This retard got exactly what he deserved. Yes the guy in Garcia's was arrested, but was allowed to carry in there per the employees. He would have went on fine about his business if the crazy guy didn't impersonate a federal agent, and attack him. He was a victim of this psycho, and should sue the family, or estate of. Why don't You go try to take a gun from a cop, and see what happens.
amg

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Apr 17, 2011
he never took a gun.. the cops are trying to cover thier ass because they murderd my cousin.. you people see shit on the headlines and believe it all.. get a life
Really-Grow Up

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Darren wrote:
Taking a gun from a cop, and being shot, is far from being executed. This retard got exactly what he deserved. Yes the guy in Garcia's was arrested, but was allowed to carry in there per the employees. He would have went on fine about his business if the crazy guy didn't impersonate a federal agent, and attack him. He was a victim of this psycho, and should sue the family, or estate of. Why don't You go try to take a gun from a cop, and see what happens.
"Yes the guy in Garcia's was arrested, but was allowed to carry in there per the employees. He would have went on fine about his business if the crazy guy didn't impersonate a federal agent, and attack him."
When this incident happened it was Illegal to carry a firearm into an establishment that served liquor. This gun was fully loaded "because he was going to the firing range". Not a reason to break the law, especially since he stated he wanted to work for APD. Hmmm, maybe he should familiarize himself with the laws first.Who knows maybe he was planning on holding up the place and Torres prevented it. Also where you say if Torres hadn't gone off, then this guy would have been fine and gone about his business...Just think if Jose Garcia hadn't broken the law in the first place by carrying, then maybe Torres wouldn't have claimed to be DEA and reacted how he did. I'm just saying there are many ways you can view this, so don't always follow the path most traveled. Oh and BTW using the word "retard" shows your ignorance.
Genesis 40-15

AOL

#10 Apr 18, 2011
amg wrote:
he never took a gun.. the cops are trying to cover thier ass because they murderd my cousin.. you people see shit on the headlines and believe it all.. get a life
Many of us have eyes to see and ears to hear and don't believe everything in the headlines, and especially the disinformation that
Albuquerque P.D. puts out. There are some of us who have followed
"The Misdaventures of Albuquerque P.D." over a period of decades and have cataloged how scores of their officers have broken laws, committed serious felonies, misdemeanors, threatened others so that they would commit perjury (suborning perjury), etc. I am sorry for your loss. Don't let a few fascist advocates of "My Police Department, Right Or Wrong" make you think that all of Albuquerque, or even most of Albuquerque blindly believe everything the Albuquerque Iron Guard puts out. I think the Chief pretty much said it all on "Chat With The Chief", Channel 7, when he said he thought it was OK for Police Officers to lie to protect one of their friends/partners. There was also that case where he publicly vilified a respected, veteran Albuquerque P.D. Sergeant for telling the truth in the Unser trial. Not only was that telling of his personality, but of his lack of judgment. Chief Schultz's bad-mouthing of that sergeant could have been launched an avalanche of appeals in every single case that sergeant had been involved with/filed.
ZIAmouth

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 18, 2011
amg wrote:
he never took a gun.. the cops are trying to cover thier ass because they murderd my cousin.. you people see shit on the headlines and believe it all.. get a life
I'm no friend of APD, in fact, if an APD cop was shot in front of my house with me watching I wouldn't lend assistance, I would play the three monkee routine and I wouldn't call 911. In other words, I would do nothing. That said, your cousin was a menace to society. Your family is the reason he got shot. He should have never been allowed to run the streets of ABQ. As I have previously stated, I do find issues with APD's actions. Something just doesn't add up.

A side question. What was your cousins weight and height? And what year was he born?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former mayor: Clinton will be in Albuquerque Ju... 7 min Still 16
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) 6 hr HDRider 132
Power Ford Has Hired a Registered Sex Offender 7 hr Bratty kids not here 17
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 7 hr barnacles 108,254
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 7 hr Mister Chix 57,558
News School votes for communism-themed dance dubbed ... 7 hr Gail 72
Robenson 'Robey' Egbert Chavez-Arnold & K... 13 hr VLS 3
More from around the web

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]