Albuquerque PD Gang Unit Officer Joe ...

Albuquerque PD Gang Unit Officer Joe Baca Fired

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
What Where Why

Wilston, Australia

#1 Feb 1, 2009
It was reported in another channel yesterday, that Albuquerque Police Officer Joe Baca had "been forced off the force". Officer Joe Baca, who worked the Gang Unit (Isn't ALL APD a 'Gang Unit'?),
was allegedly forced off the force due to "issues involving evidence".

The problem here is what does that mean?

1) Is Officer Joe Baca A GOOD COP who wouldn't go
along with stealing evidence, planting evidence, destroying exculpatory evidence?

2) Is Officer Joe Baca A ROGUE COP who stole, or planted evidence, or destroyed exculpatory evidence?

Some of you may think this is silly, BUT if you look at Albuquerque Police Department's history-

-Remember when Albuquerque P.D. DISCIPLINED GOOD COPS Captain Marie "Sissi" Miranda, SGT Cynthia Orr, and Captain Ron Paiz, when they tried to INVESTIGATE what was going on with the Evidence Room thefts, urged Chief Gil Gallegos to take action, and informed the public of what was going on?

-Remember when the PRIME SUSPECT IN THE EVIDENCE ROOM THEFTS, Robbin Burge (Albuquerque Journal,
March 2, 2006, Page A1) has not only NOT BEEN INDICTED, BUT HAS NOT BEEN DISCIPLINED, AND THE STORY SWEPT UNDER THE RUG BY EVERYONE IN ALBUQUERQUE?

-Remember when over 20 ALBUQUERQUE POLICE OFFICERS got SOFTWARE TO ALLOW THEM TO STEAL FREE CABLE SERVICES and then Deputy Chief Ray Schultz said something akin to "boys will be boys"?

You see, in Albuquerque it's often THE GOOD GUYS who get disciplined or punished, and THE BAD GUYS GET PROMOTED, AND SOMETIMES EVEN CHOSEN AS POLICE CHIEF!(Marty Chavez choosing Joe Polisar Chief in July 1994. Polisar once framed a Black man for murder Robinson v. Maruffi, Polisar et al, CIV 84-1216M, Memorandum Opinion and Order, 13 January 1986); Marty Chavez didn't get removed as Mayor after Albuquerque Ethics Board concluded he had taken a bribe/kickback in the amount of $60,000.-02-28-2003)

Albuquerque, New Mexico- "Capital of Corruption",
"corruption is pervasive at all levels of government"

FBI Senior Agent in Charge Thomas C. McClenaghan,
on Channel 13, K_R_Q_E news, 21 January 2009,
10:15 p.m. Mountain Time.

We are left to wonder about Officer Joe Baca: A good cop fired by crooked ones, or a bad cop fired by even worse crooked cops.
What Where Why

Wilston, Australia

#2 Feb 1, 2009
What Where Why wrote:
It was reported in another channel yesterday, that Albuquerque Police Officer Joe Baca had "been forced off the force". Officer Joe Baca, who worked the Gang Unit (Isn't ALL APD a 'Gang Unit'?),
was allegedly forced off the force due to "issues involving evidence".
The problem here is what does that mean?
1) Is Officer Joe Baca A GOOD COP who wouldn't go
along with stealing evidence, planting evidence, destroying exculpatory evidence?
2) Is Officer Joe Baca A ROGUE COP who stole, or planted evidence, or destroyed exculpatory evidence?
Some of you may think this is silly, BUT if you look at Albuquerque Police Department's history-
-Remember when Albuquerque P.D. DISCIPLINED GOOD COPS Captain Marie "Sissi" Miranda, SGT Cynthia Orr, and Captain Ron Paiz, when they tried to INVESTIGATE what was going on with the Evidence Room thefts, urged Chief Gil Gallegos to take action, and informed the public of what was going on?
-Remember when the PRIME SUSPECT IN THE EVIDENCE ROOM THEFTS, Robbin Burge (Albuquerque Journal,
March 2, 2006, Page A1) has not only NOT BEEN INDICTED, BUT HAS NOT BEEN DISCIPLINED, AND THE STORY SWEPT UNDER THE RUG BY EVERYONE IN ALBUQUERQUE?
-Remember when over 20 ALBUQUERQUE POLICE OFFICERS got SOFTWARE TO ALLOW THEM TO STEAL FREE CABLE SERVICES and then Deputy Chief Ray Schultz said something akin to "boys will be boys"?
You see, in Albuquerque it's often THE GOOD GUYS who get disciplined or punished, and THE BAD GUYS GET PROMOTED, AND SOMETIMES EVEN CHOSEN AS POLICE CHIEF!(Marty Chavez choosing Joe Polisar Chief in July 1994. Polisar once framed a Black man for murder Robinson v. Maruffi, Polisar et al, CIV 84-1216M, Memorandum Opinion and Order, 13 January 1986); Marty Chavez didn't get removed as Mayor after Albuquerque Ethics Board concluded he had taken a bribe/kickback in the amount of $60,000.-02-28-2003)
Albuquerque, New Mexico- "Capital of Corruption",
"corruption is pervasive at all levels of government"
FBI Senior Agent in Charge Thomas C. McClenaghan,
on ****, K_R_Q_E news, 21 January 2009,
10:15 p.m. Mountain Time.
We are left to wonder about Officer Joe Baca: A good cop fired by crooked ones, or a bad cop fired by even worse crooked cops.
For the record, I DIDN'T CUSS! I just tried to write C*h*a*n*n*e*l 1*3 and apparently that's not allowed!
I Dont Like You

Florence, AL

#3 Feb 1, 2009
Hahahaha....how dare you...blasphemy!!!
Albizarro

AOL

#4 Feb 2, 2009
from what you say, then there's a brand new nickname we could give albuquerque- albizarro, like superman's bizarro world, a place where everything is twisted, backwards, upside down!
Shelter us

Huntsville, AL

#6 Feb 2, 2009
This APD ex-officer is only the tip of the iceberg. It is documented and history has it stated that not only Baca, but more than a few APD busters that have since retired through attrition and/or quit due to pressure from Shultz and other supervisors. Albuquerque has a major problem that needs to be addressed through public interrogation as to what has and is happening in the APD "gang-unit" This is very serious Albuquerque citizens and causes undue set-up threats and untold deaths of informers and innocent citizens.
NO FAITH IN APD

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Feb 2, 2009
For the recored Joe Baca was a good cop but just like everyother story on the news its twisted or only half the story. And yes there is lots of crooked cops in APD but Officer Joe Baca was far from it! he was one of the best ones on the force!! who is being what you called black mailed!!! SO HE IS A GOOD COP WHO WAS FIRED BY A BAD COP!!!
Larry

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2009
NO FAITH IN APD wrote:
For the recored Joe Baca was a good cop but just like everyother story on the news its twisted or only half the story. And yes there is lots of crooked cops in APD but Officer Joe Baca was far from it! he was one of the best ones on the force!! who is being what you called black mailed!!! SO HE IS A GOOD COP WHO WAS FIRED BY A BAD COP!!!
Oh no! He was one of the GOOD ones??? Kill me....
Sarah Love

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Feb 3, 2009
What Where Why wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, I DIDN'T CUSS! I just tried to write C*h*a*n*n*e*l 1*3 and apparently that's not allowed!
What, No??? Problems with Evidence? What happened to the two poor saps who lost their dignity, suffered humiliation, and were literally living on the streets after being accused of stealing from the Evidence Unit. And yet it continues! Wow!
QUEEN BEE

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Feb 3, 2009
What Where Why wrote:
It was reported in another channel yesterday, that Albuquerque Police Officer Joe Baca had "been forced off the force". Officer Joe Baca, who worked the Gang Unit (Isn't ALL APD a 'Gang Unit'?),
was allegedly forced off the force due to "issues involving evidence".
The problem here is what does that mean?
1) Is Officer Joe Baca A GOOD COP who wouldn't go
along with stealing evidence, planting evidence, destroying exculpatory evidence?
2) Is Officer Joe Baca A ROGUE COP who stole, or planted evidence, or destroyed exculpatory evidence?
Some of you may think this is silly, BUT if you look at Albuquerque Police Department's history-
-Remember when Albuquerque P.D. DISCIPLINED GOOD COPS Captain Marie "Sissi" Miranda, SGT Cynthia Orr, and Captain Ron Paiz, when they tried to INVESTIGATE what was going on with the Evidence Room thefts, urged Chief Gil Gallegos to take action, and informed the public of what was going on?
-Remember when the PRIME SUSPECT IN THE EVIDENCE ROOM THEFTS, Robbin Burge (Albuquerque Journal,
March 2, 2006, Page A1) has not only NOT BEEN INDICTED, BUT HAS NOT BEEN DISCIPLINED, AND THE STORY SWEPT UNDER THE RUG BY EVERYONE IN ALBUQUERQUE?
-Remember when over 20 ALBUQUERQUE POLICE OFFICERS got SOFTWARE TO ALLOW THEM TO STEAL FREE CABLE SERVICES and then Deputy Chief Ray Schultz said something akin to "boys will be boys"?
You see, in Albuquerque it's often THE GOOD GUYS who get disciplined or punished, and THE BAD GUYS GET PROMOTED, AND SOMETIMES EVEN CHOSEN AS POLICE CHIEF!(Marty Chavez choosing Joe Polisar Chief in July 1994. Polisar once framed a Black man for murder Robinson v. Maruffi, Polisar et al, CIV 84-1216M, Memorandum Opinion and Order, 13 January 1986); Marty Chavez didn't get removed as Mayor after Albuquerque Ethics Board concluded he had taken a bribe/kickback in the amount of $60,000.-02-28-2003)
Albuquerque, New Mexico- "Capital of Corruption",
"corruption is pervasive at all levels of government"
FBI Senior Agent in Charge Thomas C. McClenaghan,
on ****, K_R_Q_E news, 21 January 2009,
10:15 p.m. Mountain Time.
We are left to wonder about Officer Joe Baca: A good cop fired by crooked ones, or a bad cop fired by even worse crooked cops.
Joe Baca is an honest man I don't see him doing anything illegal especially that he loved being a cop following his fathers footsteps. He was a proud and respected his job. I feel that people are not taking the time to listen.

“RIP Murphdog 1/17/65-6/5/07”

Since: Apr 08

Perth Amboy NJ

#11 Feb 3, 2009
where is the watch.
im back

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Feb 3, 2009
i know how you people feel i live in ruidoso and if you want to kill someone do it here in lincoln county, the cops wont even take prints of the gun and the suspects if you can call them that i know the cops dont are the ones that dictate the investigation, i have police reports and photo's to back this up and know the cops are refuseing to let anyone have reports on this case anymore. talk about corrupt. murder in lincoln county is the place to do it. we want the tourist so we just cover it up.
Glock

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Feb 3, 2009
You people have no idea what happened with Joe Baca. I know Joe Baca better than any of you on this blog. Joe messed up, you ask Joe and he will tell you that he messed up. I like Joe but what he did was very wrong and it put a black eye on our unit !!!
Reality Check

Algodones, NM

#14 Feb 3, 2009
Glock wrote:
You people have no idea what happened with Joe Baca. I know Joe Baca better than any of you on this blog. Joe messed up, you ask Joe and he will tell you that he messed up. I like Joe but what he did was very wrong and it put a black eye on our unit !!!
Glock as admirable as you seem, they will not believe you. They would probably not believe Joe if he came on here himself. I swear this is a shark tank and all they want is blood blood from bashing any city, public safety or authority figure they can find. But good for you for being willing to stand up for a brother in uniform.
Tony

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Feb 4, 2009
This is a very sad outcome Joe Baca Was forced off the department Because the Chief goes based off rumors instead of facts... for anyone who knows Joe Baca would no that he is far from doing anything to lose his job being a police officer like his father was his dream and he accomplished his goals. Joe baca comes from a great family that has served our community/country Joe comes from a family of military,APD,AFD that alot of people love. I can say this until I am blue in the face I know Joe would not do any of this. Joe Baca if you are reading this please fight to clear your name everyone who knows you supports you and you will get through this. Good Luck with everything and keep your head up at all times. ps. you will always be my BROTHER in blue!!!!!!!
Glock

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Feb 4, 2009
Tony, Joe does not deny what he did. I know what happened. You have no idea how this entire thing went down. People put alot of trust in us and from time to time we violate that trust. Joe violated our trust. Joe lost his job for that and I do wish him well in the future.
QUEEN BEE

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Feb 4, 2009
Glock wrote:
Tony, Joe does not deny what he did. I know what happened. You have no idea how this entire thing went down. People put alot of trust in us and from time to time we violate that trust. Joe violated our trust. Joe lost his job for that and I do wish him well in the future.
Glock I know Joe Baca didn't mean to do what he did it was just a mistake and of course when you are honest and do the right thing it could turn around on you, thats what happen to Joe. I know him way better then ANYONE!! He does come from an honest and loyal family, all we do is try to do the right thing. Our family has thought us to do the right thing now matter what the out come is, we know in our hearts and only god knows Joe did the right thing all we could do is "Pray".
Big Bill

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Feb 4, 2009
If any thing else APD should have given Joe Baca the option to resign instead firing him. Just another way APD works. What happen to the corrupt cop that killed his wife in LL and all the cover up by APD. Chavez is a corrupt Mayor that has corrupt Dept. heads from APD, AFD and Transit to name a few and the Media hides a lot of what is being reported.
Tony

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Feb 4, 2009
Big Bill wrote:
If any thing else APD should have given Joe Baca the option to resign instead firing him. Just another way APD works. What happen to the corrupt cop that killed his wife in LL and all the cover up by APD. Chavez is a corrupt Mayor that has corrupt Dept. heads from APD, AFD and Transit to name a few and the Media hides a lot of what is being reported.
And did you you know that the officers involved in disposing of the evidence to the homicide in LL are sergeants lietenant and guess what they are still on the force must be the chiefs golfing buddies like he said when officers were stealing cable chief schultz said "boys wil be boys" I think we should all get together to move him from his position as chief.
WE SUPPORT YOU

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Feb 5, 2009
Joe Baca I am glad you are out of APD you are to good for that department. I wish you the best
Huh

Brisbane, Australia

#21 Feb 5, 2009
Sarah Love wrote:
<quoted text>
What, No??? Problems with Evidence? What happened to the two poor saps who lost their dignity, suffered humiliation, and were literally living on the streets after being accused of stealing from the Evidence Unit. And yet it continues! Wow!
If you mean Officer Robbin Burge and her partner (Albuquerque Journal, March 2, 2006, Page A1), her partner passed his polygraph. At last reading, Burge was refusing to take a polygraph.
Albuquerque news media, along with Albuquerque P.D. have successfully "stepped" on this story since then, and nothing more is known. Burge is still on the Albuquerque Police gravy train and not living on the street.

My guess is that all the stealing from the Evidence Room over the decades involved supplying Albuquerque Judges, some drug-dealing cops, and select dealers with stolen drugs from the Evidence Room. There are a few people who know this and have documents/photographs to back it up
that's why some cops get away with the things they do: blackmail. Just like that one narcotics unit detective in 1995, who after being found with BEAUCOUP coke and cash in the trunk of his police car and police locker and stood accused of raping a local woman, received $450,000 in a secret deal between Marty Chavez, then D.A. Bob Schwartz, and the Albuquerque Police Department's then-chief Joseph M. "Taxi-Driver" Polisar. A concerned citizen, Al Leith, sued in District Court to try and find out the details of this incredibly illegal deal, but in essence, of the the District's Rubber Stamp Judges said "No: You are not entitled to find out how $450,000 in taxpayer monies were spent".
(Albuquerque Tribune, June 9, 1995, Page A3 and
Leith and Citizens for a Grand Jury v. 2nd Judicial District Attorney's Office, Robert M. Schwartz, D.A. and John Siegel, Custodian of Records, 2nd Judicial District Court Case CV 96-08442, filed September 13, 1996).

That's Albuquerque. The closest thing to a Banana Republic in the USA! Senior FBI Agent Thomas C. McClenaghan is SOOOOO right about Albuquerque and New Mexico! New Mexico IS the Capital of Corruption in the USA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Van used for New Mexican veterans vandalized 2 hr Natch 12
Academy Acres Estates-Abq NE-Burglary Suspects ... 3 hr wow 4
News Can't miss concerts 2016 3 hr Oh Charmaine 2
New Mexico's Laugh-out-Loud Public Service Anno... 3 hr Really 1
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr fmer505-1951 113,098
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 hr fmer505-1951 62,244
GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (7) 9 hr baikyabos 1

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages