Albuquerque police identify remains

Albuquerque police identify remains

There are 120 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Feb 10, 2009, titled Albuquerque police identify remains. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Albuquerque police have identified a woman whose bones were found on the city's west side, but two other sets of bones remains unidentified Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

“Get Drunk; Find a Gun.”

Since: Oct 08

Pripyat, Ukraine

#63 Feb 12, 2009
Tetons wrote:
More garbage mouth from bluntly spoken. Hey moderator, cut him off.
Cut yourself off, at the neck.
Bluntly Spoken

Muscle Shoals, AL

#64 Feb 12, 2009
Tetons wrote:
More garbage mouth from bluntly spoken. Hey moderator, cut him off.
Hey Moderator cut off teton, he is stalking me and abusing me by posting nasty things.
Tetons

United States

#65 Feb 13, 2009
Hey moderator, cut off bluntly spoken. He is stalking me and saying mean things about me.
Aunt M

United States

#66 Feb 13, 2009
NWO wrote:
This is what happens when parents don't raise their kids responsibly and they become "God's mislead Children."
Stick with the Puritan belief system and ei am theverything will be fine.
I am The Aunt Of A MISSING GIRL In Albuquerque JUDGE NOT Obviously You Have NO Clue
Aunt M

United States

#67 Feb 13, 2009
My Neice Could Be out there in the west mesaVANISHED 5 years ago From Albuquerque Where Are You Ilove You Michelle Valdez you are NOT forgotton

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#68 Feb 13, 2009
Aunt M wrote:
My Neice Could Be out there in the west mesaVANISHED 5 years ago From Albuquerque Where Are You Ilove You Michelle Valdez you are NOT forgotton
I pray for your sake you find her soon. God Speed.
leah052005

Mansfield, TX

#69 Feb 14, 2009
I am close friends with the family of one of the women that is missing. Their daughter's name is Leah Peebles. She has been missing without a trace since May of 2005. Her parents have made mumerous trips to Albuquerque putting up posters, and searching for any clue that might lead them to Leah. What was discovered is that there were over 19 women who have went missing with the commmon denominator being that they were prostitutes and/or drug addict. The police at the time had assigned only one part-time detective to handle all these cases. I wished that they would have assigned as many detectives to these cases to try and find them alive as they have to find their remains. I feel that if these had been college students or some other socio-economic group they would have had a task force in place to solve this. I feel that there is a serial killer on the loose and that the F.B.I. should be called to help. These women may have meant nothing to the Chief Schultz and Mayor Chavez, but they meant the world to their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children. I hope someone will be a voice for them.
leah052005

Mansfield, TX

#70 Feb 14, 2009
These are the women that are missing:
Darlene Trujillo missing since 2001
Sonia Lente missing since 2002
Monica Candelarie missing since 2003
Doreen Marquez missing since 2003
Cinnamon Elks missing since 2004
Veronica Romero missing since 2004
Victoria Chavez missing since 2004 REMAINS FOUND
Michelle Valdez missing since 2004
Virginia Clover missing since 2004
Julie Nieto missing since 2004
Evelyn Salazar missing since 2004
Anselma Guerra missing since 2004
Anna Vigil missing since 2005
Felipa Gonzales missing since 2005
Nina Herron missing since 2005
Shawntell Waltes missing since 2006
Leah Peebles missing since 2006
Tell me there isn't a problem with this!

“Let's go racing!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#71 Feb 14, 2009
leah052005 wrote:
I hope all of these people and their friends and families can find peace soon.
A unt M

United States

#72 Feb 16, 2009
leah052005 wrote:
I am close friends with the family of one of the women that is missing. Their daughter's name is Leah Peebles. She has been missing without a trace since May of 2005. Her parents have made mumerous trips to Albuquerque putting up posters, and searching for any clue that might lead them to Leah. What was discovered is that there were over 19 women who have went missing with the commmon denominator being that they were prostitutes and/or drug addict. The police at the time had assigned only one part-time detective to handle all these cases. I wished that they would have assigned as many detectives to these cases to try and find them alive as they have to find their remains. I feel that if these had been college students or some other socio-economic group they would have had a task force in place to solve this. I feel that there is a serial killer on the loose and that the F.B.I. should be called to help. These women may have meant nothing to the Chief Schultz and Mayor Chavez, but they meant the world to their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children. I hope someone will be a voice for them.
YES!Only 1 part time detective!!!! for so many....each with families worried sick Each humanbeings whos last moments had to be FEAR ! How can a city the size of Albuquerque have only ONE part time dective workig these cases? Obviously not much gets done!!!Gods strength to all parents and family of our missing girls.
A unt M

United States

#73 Feb 16, 2009
TO "Wondering"
Your missing friends"Cinnamon & Little Michelle" It is Michelle Valdez ? Like you A friend who is left wondering ,waiting and sad; not having answers...WHERE are they ? Year after year not knowing.... My sister is her Mother.PLEASE REPLY.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#74 Feb 16, 2009
leah052005 wrote:
This is so sad and heart breaking. God help all the missing and strength for the families.
carol hinojos

Albuquerque, NM

#75 Feb 18, 2009
A unt M wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!Only 1 part time detective!!!! for so many....each with families worried sick Each humanbeings whos last moments had to be FEAR ! How can a city the size of Albuquerque have only ONE part time dective workig these cases? Obviously not much gets done!!!Gods strength to all parents and family of our missing girls.
APD. What a joke. I know how you feel believe me, my 14 year old son was murdered 3years ago and APD did NOTHING!!!!!!!!! But I know why. The kid who shot my son is the son of a retired APD officer and his older brother is a cop,so my son got no justice. It makes me mad to see the news or read the paper because of what they say about these women, so what if they were what they were or did what they did, does that make them worthless, HELL NO they are still human and they deserve RESPECT just like anyone else does. When my son died I went to Mayor Chavez, Heather Wilson and Governor Richardson to try to get some kind of justice for my son. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. Of course they sided with APD and their son. My son was hispanic/black the kid who killed him was white, need I say more? My prayers to all the families of these missing WOMEN and all my respect to the families. For other people who reads this remember they are human beings too.
carol hinojos

Albuquerque, NM

#76 Feb 18, 2009
APD. What a joke. I know how you feel believe me, my 14 year old son was murdered 3years ago and APD did NOTHING!!!!!!!!! But I know why. The kid who shot my son is the son of a retired APD officer and his older brother is a cop,so my son got no justice. It makes me mad to see the news or read the paper because of what they say about these women, so what if they were what they were or did what they did, does that make them worthless, HELL NO they are still human and they deserve RESPECT just like anyone else does. When my son died I went to Mayor Chavez, Heather Wilson and Governor Richardson to try to get some kind of justice for my son. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. Of course they sided with APD and their son. My son was hispanic/black the kid who killed him was white, need I say more? My prayers to all the families of these missing WOMEN and all my respect to the families. For other people who read this remember they are human beings too.

“Get Drunk; Find a Gun.”

Since: Oct 08

Pripyat, Ukraine

#77 Feb 18, 2009
Knock off the spamming Vlandry.

Since: Aug 08

Where ever the Army sends us

#78 Feb 20, 2009
Markus Andras wrote:
Knock off the spamming Vlandry.
What exactly do you mean when you say knock off the spamming? I have not been on here for days now.
a friend forever

Florence, AL

#79 Feb 24, 2009
I was a friend to one of the missing girls Cinnamon, while we were growing up. She was always a very loving person, would help anyone if she could. She got caught up in a bad situation but no one deserves to have this happen to them. She has a loving family and children. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and when they started finding all these bodies I just had a strange feeling. God bless all the friends and families to these missing girls.
ANNIE CINDY KATHERINE

AOL

#80 Feb 26, 2009
Aunt M wrote:
<quoted text>
I am The Aunt Of A MISSING GIRL In Albuquerque JUDGE NOT Obviously You Have NO Clue
I know from personal experience from growing up with Michelle that her father did everything a responsible parent should do. Michelle just had a lot of emotional pain and she tried to numb that with drugs. Michelle was not just some junky she was a loving mother and a good friend I will miss her so very much. MICHELLE WE LOVE YOU AND WE WILL ALWAYS KEEP YOU IN OUR HEARTS.
ANNIE CINDY KATHERINE

AOL

#81 Feb 26, 2009
GOOD GRIEF wrote:
<quoted text>
I vaguely remember reading about the disappearances of some hookers who worked Central a few years ago. It will be months before the other remains are identified according to the police. When Victoria's family reported her missing they supplied the police with her dental records which made it easy to identify her.
It makes my blood run cold thinking about how they died. I think most police departments give low priority to prostitutes who disappear because many just move on to another city, however when the second young woman came up missing there should have been an intense investigation by APD & undercover officers should have been sent into the area the girls worked. Let me count back as to who was running the show back then, 2003/2004.(Please be patient while I remove a slipper, I ran out of fingers to count on my left hand & I need my right to use a finger to do my typing. Don't laugh, that's how Chief Schultz thinks of we citizens>>>complete dimwits as was proven when his recorded message was shared online when he responded to the rising crime in Albuquerque at one of his weekly meetings with the officers under him with, "I don't care".)
These woman who fall through the cracks & resort to drugs & prostitution are still human beings. They are somebody's daughters, sisters, mothers. Dismissing them, as one blogger did, as not being raised right is wrong. The little we know, at this point, reflects a Jack the Ripper mentality of the killer. Alive they had a chance of being rehabilitated. Murder ended that.
My prayers are with Victoria's family & her children that God gives them the strength to get through this & their good memories of her overshadow the horror of her death.
EXACTLY! Just because someone is a prostitute doesn't mean there life is worthless than anyone else. There still a person who loves and lives. No one knows what pushes a person to sell there body but it must be pretty bad if a woman is willing to sell herself. You do not know the emotional pain these woman feel, one of the west mesa victims Michelle Valdez was a good friend of mine. Michelle was such a loving wonderful person she was a good friend and she was very loved. Michelle was trying to get help she was trying to leave that life and go home to her family that's why she was murdered. Michelle was a mother a sister a daughter she was a good person who lost her way and had someone not stolen her life from her she would have found her way home. I know Michelle she would have gotten help.
Michelle we love and miss you!
Aunt M

United States

#82 Feb 26, 2009
Searchers Find More Body Parts-Wednesday February 18th. There were four entries, from "JUST ME"

1.Suggested,look to the Cubans.Michelle and Cinnamon were involved with.Said "you could tell more,but not on the form."

2.Said "you knew others,who may have information." Said you "would share information with other Law Enforcement Officers." Said you suspecet "Sonya" would be identified as a victim. Said you had "Honest information as you know it, and believe it to be creditable."

3.Responded to Lady Blues'comment.
"I reached out, I would just like to share my information with the family, so that they will know." I will if i can help the family"

4.Suggested family get investigators check medical records of Cinnamon Elks At U.N.M.A badly beaten prior to the disapearances-may find something there on Michelle.

What was meant by (other) Law Enforcement Officers? Which Cubans? So the family will know;
What is it that you can tell us?I have thought about your words over and over. As you know they have brought Michelle and her unborn child out of the Mesa after five long years. For that her family is grateful, but there will be no relief untill we have the answer WHO DID THIS,and untill they are punished to the max.

"Just Me" you knew Michelle,she was real to you as she was to us. Not just a name or a face in the news.My guess is Cinnamon will be identified as well. Their MURDERER may never be known,if the people like you and others do not come forward with information. All the women who are rising up out of the Mesa,thier family and friends cry for justice.Those of you with information,please call the FBI or some other reputable law inforcement agentcy.Dont let the lives of ALL these women,and a baby,go unpunished.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 10 hr Piglet Von Chix 115,444
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 10 hr new parrot 64,499
News 'Breaking Bad' actors hosting fundraiser for Pu... 18 hr Flynn aka Walter Jr 2
News Whatever Harvey Weinstein Is, He Is No Sex Addi... Thu Team Kelly 1
Mexican Judge in Carlsbad is Racist, Lewd, Sexist Thu Hmmmm 10
News October 17th Morning Rush: Security cameras to ... Oct 17 Silk_the_Absent1 3
News Councilor proposes city paid security guards to... Oct 17 Reggie 2

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages