Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34766 Dec 31, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you still return it? I've decided to wait it out as I simply cannot find anything about Win8 I like. So no new laptop for me - yet. Maybe MS will come to its senses and give us options instead of trying to take us where we do not wish to tread.
If you have $100-$150 you can find a legit copy of Win7 to install on it, but that's just wrong IMO. Same w/ all the other 'make-it-work-like earlier-versions types of apps out there. Best of luck my friend and stay safe tonight!!
Hmmmm, please email me on where I can find a legit full copy of 7. I'm soooooo pissed!

Hubby did manage to, sort of, kinda, not so really, get it to look like 7 but still a total piece of crap!

Location hidden

#34767 Dec 31, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
You were warned about Win 8, take the dumbest thing MS ever came out with back.....
I know.....sigh......... I told hubby to never, ever again, let me go shopping when I've had a few lol!
Sadly, they don't have any systems available that run 7, unless I want to spend over a grand. The real irony is that the young lady who was answering my questions agreed, completely, that 8 SUCKS!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MS snaps and smells the extreme unhappiness of it's customers and comes up with a fix and/or new version, PRONTO!

Location hidden

#34768 Dec 31, 2012
LilStinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy New Year's Eve! Your Neo is adorable, I'm sure he will bring lots of fun and excitement to the household if he hasn't already.
He's awesome! Thank you my friend and a happy and peaceful New Year to you too!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#34769 Dec 31, 2012
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.....sigh......... I told hubby to never, ever again, let me go shopping when I've had a few lol!
Sadly, they don't have any systems available that run 7, unless I want to spend over a grand. The real irony is that the young lady who was answering my questions agreed, completely, that 8 SUCKS!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MS snaps and smells the extreme unhappiness of it's customers and comes up with a fix and/or new version, PRONTO!
Dream on gal, only way that will happen is Bloody rich Billy Gates steps back into the company I wonder if they even ran it by him for his opinion?

Flint, MI

#34772 Dec 31, 2012
Happy New Year!

May 2013 bring you all health and many blessings!! I am thankful for the friends I have made here and especially thankful for two very special ladies, Xena and Jlor.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34773 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hmmmm, please email me on where I can find a legit full copy of 7. I'm soooooo pissed!
Hubby did manage to, sort of, kinda, not so really, get it to look like 7 but still a total piece of crap!
You'll have to Google for it as many places no longer have it available. Best Buy told me they were told to remove it from their shelves about a month before Win8 hit the market. Its out there, probably Amazon. Prices sure vary though.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34774 Jan 1, 2013
FWIW, there are still some Win7 LTs available depending upon where one goes and what features one wants. I saw some at Office Depot last Thu. Office Max has some too,and probably Staple's. Sam's does on-line too.

Location hidden

#34775 Jan 1, 2013
LilStinka wrote:
Happy New Year!
May 2013 bring you all health and many blessings!! I am thankful for the friends I have made here and especially thankful for two very special ladies, Xena and Jlor.
Ditto! Happy New Year Miss Lil!

Location hidden

#34776 Jan 1, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
FWIW, there are still some Win7 LTs available depending upon where one goes and what features one wants. I saw some at Office Depot last Thu. Office Max has some too,and probably Staple's. Sam's does on-line too.
Well, I kinda got the impression that returning it would be a problem. I'm just trying to keep in mind that when the one that I really want gets cheaper, I'm giving this one to hubby lol!

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#34777 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year, Free Formers,

We hosted a lovely party last night. Those of us who play, played Bach, Pachelbel, etc. I have not enjoyed myself this much for a long time.

Hope yours was great too, and even better wishes for 2013.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34778 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, I kinda got the impression that returning it would be a problem. I'm just trying to keep in mind that when the one that I really want gets cheaper, I'm giving this one to hubby lol!
Perhaps, but if its a 'pewter you don't like because of the OpSys, to heck with them. That's what return policies are all about. Most have like a 15 day return, particularly during the holidays.

Flint, MI

#34779 Jan 1, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
We hosted a lovely party last night. Those of us who play, played Bach, Pachelbel, etc. I have not enjoyed myself this much for a long time.
So you had a jam session of sorts, good for you...those are so much fun! Happy 2013.

Flint, MI

#34780 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Ditto! Happy New Year Miss Lil!
Thank you. It cracks me up to see the judge-its up so early. Some people must have woken up on the wrong side of the barn or someone peed on their haystack and oats.

Location hidden

#34781 Jan 1, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
My son would have been in heaven! I bought him a classical acoustic for Christmas. I also bought him and my daughter a ukulele. Don't know why the midget wanted one, as she has NEVER shown any desire to express herself musically! I just think she's jealous lol!

A Happy New Year to you and yours, Lobo!

Location hidden

#34782 Jan 1, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but if its a 'pewter you don't like because of the OpSys, to heck with them. That's what return policies are all about. Most have like a 15 day return, particularly during the holidays.
Oy, I don't know. I still hate it! Hubby is trying to figure it out. He accidentally put it in airplane mode and couldn't get online, go figure! Just exiting something you're in is a feat! Damned, stupid, Windows 8!!!!!

Location hidden

#34783 Jan 1, 2013
LilStinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. It cracks me up to see the judge-its up so early. Some people must have woken up on the wrong side of the barn or someone peed on their haystack and oats.
OMG, ROTFLMAO! Too funny!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34784 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Oy, I don't know. I still hate it! Hubby is trying to figure it out. He accidentally put it in airplane mode and couldn't get online, go figure! Just exiting something you're in is a feat! Damned, stupid, Windows 8!!!!!
Lol, depending upon its cost, I might also be inclined to put it into "Airplane Mode", and I don't mean suspended either<G>.

Location hidden

#34785 Jan 1, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, depending upon its cost, I might also be inclined to put it into "Airplane Mode", and I don't mean suspended either<G>.
ROTFLMAO! Yeah, I figure I just bought a laptop for my husband!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#34786 Jan 1, 2013
Happy New Year to all of you....

Flint, MI

#34787 Jan 1, 2013
XENA 54 wrote:
Happy New Year to all of you....
Happy New Year to you. Did you stay warm today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged in theft at assisted living center 1 hr LuzAranda 4
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr Katia 115,715
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 hr Katia 64,748
peelousy and the democrats 16 hr wowed 4
News Teen targeted on video chat site (Mar '16) Sun Jen Jen 0 3
News Grad Issue: From high-school dropout to college... Sun LuzAranda 1
Mexican Judge in Carlsbad is Racist, Lewd, Sexist Dec 10 SARAHP 20

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance