Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#34622 Dec 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Will not? Or will?
My wife is getting a lumped removed next week under the arm...
Hope it is nothing serious.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#34623 Dec 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, so she's about 1' taller than you<G>. Sorry, just trying to make light in a non-humorous situation!
LOL!

Doctor didn't say there looked to be anything to worry about...and it's cool...thank you...

It's always good to keep humor...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#34624 Dec 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope it is nothing serious.
Doesn't seem to be...

Location hidden

#34625 Dec 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't seem to be...
Why not save the co-pay and give her some kool-aid and knock her out then cut it out with your trusty Boy Scout Knife ?????

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#34626 Dec 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not save the co-pay and give her some kool-aid and knock her out then cut it out with your trusty Boy Scout Knife ?????
Lol, I've always been partial to belt sanders myself<VVVBG>!!

Dread Pirate Roberts

#34627 Dec 6, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost had her sold on something like that...LOL!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#34628 Dec 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
BB told me it was removed from their shelves (not on-line though) a month prior to the release of Win8. It still doesn't address the issue of needing to spend more money on another piece of software z(an OS) for a brand new PC to make it function properly (depending upon one's view of proper) as well as more 3rd party stuff to get out of Metro mode.
At any rate, we're deviating from the intended focus of my original post, how terrible(IMO) Win8 is. As many people seem to be shunning it, perhaps MS will listen and give options so those who like it can use it and those who do not can opt for Win7. I'll not hold my breath though.
What is Metro Mode? Please tell me it's not like trying to use my damned smart (NOT) phone!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34629 Dec 6, 2012
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Metro Mode? Please tell me it's not like trying to use my damned smart (NOT) phone!
Metro is the name for the screen layout you see when you first boot up a Win8 PC. Google Win8 and you'll see pics of screens w/ all those colored tiles around, kinda like building blocks - the tablet look alike. That's what's called Metro - as opposed to classic or traditional, like what you see with XP, Vista & Win7.

One can get to a sorta quasi classic desktop but it's tightly integrated w/ Metro and makes (IMO) the entire process ugly.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34630 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
In a basic sense, yes, like your phone. That's what Micro$oft is doing, creating an internet based (in general) common user interface(CUI) where you have the same basic means (look alikes) of accessing all your devices. That's what they are pushing - commonality, in spite of what many don't want.

Location hidden

#34631 Dec 6, 2012
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
I just got my biopsy results. And I will not be 18 years cancer free next April 21st. But I will be have more tissue removed next Thursday, the 13th.
OMG, I'm so sorry, Silk. Hopefully, this was caught early. Please keep us posted and, please, know that I am wishing only the best for you!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#34632 Dec 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Will not? Or will?
My wife is getting a lumped removed next week under the arm...
She'll be alright. She will!

Location hidden

#34634 Dec 6, 2012
Oh, crap, oh crapppppppppppppppp!

So, my husband has security clearance for Sandia Labs. The news just said that government buildings will require passports, rather than NM DLs. He goes there for meetings at least once a week. Is Sandia considered a government building? He has a passport but it was issued when he was a child and my mother-in-law is a lunatic and has it somewhere and will probably never give it to him.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34635 Dec 6, 2012
Oh, crap, oh crapppppppppppppppp!
So, my husband has security clearance for Sandia Labs. The news just said that government buildings will require passports, rather than NM DLs. He goes there for meetings at least once a week. Is Sandia considered a government building? He has a passport but it was issued when he was a child and my mother-in-law is a lunatic and has it somewhere and will probably never give it to him.
IIRC, passports are only good for 10 years, so if I'm right his wouldn't be valid now anyway.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34636 Dec 6, 2012
FWIW, the news says there's a couple week backlog for passports at the various places they checked in with.

Location hidden

#34637 Dec 7, 2012
Good afternoon this December 7, 2012, 71 days after Pearl Harbor was attacked.

To the approximately 3000 who are still alive today this day is and always will be very special in all our hearts.

I for one shall never forget this day and how it changed our lives here in the USA.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34638 Dec 7, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Good afternoon this December 7, 2012, 71 days after Pearl Harbor was attacked.
To the approximately 3000 who are still alive today this day is and always will be very special in all our hearts.
I for one shall never forget this day and how it changed our lives here in the USA.
My dad was there in 1943 and said the sea around it looked like a forest of masts sticking out of the water.

RIP Patriots, forever!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#34639 Dec 7, 2012
Good afternoon everyone... Thought I would drop in and say hi.... Have a good one.. I've been crazy busy, but will be back soon..

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#34640 Dec 9, 2012
Good mornng free formers. Has anyone seen this snowstorm we are supposed to get today? Sunny and clear here in SF.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34641 Dec 9, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
Good mornng free formers. Has anyone seen this snowstorm we are supposed to get today? Sunny and clear here in SF.
Sunny, warm but breezy in Abq & not a cloud in the sky. NWS says 80% chance of precipitation and 40/12 today/tonight but...

Location hidden

#34642 Dec 9, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
What have you been smoking man ???

Snow and rain have not seen fit to enter NM yet.

Don't ever believe what our weather people say, it is all for show.

Breezy with sun out up here on the NW side of ABQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mattel to introduce 'Mariachi Barbie' 24 min Mister Chix 166
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 34 min Piglet Von Chix 106,247
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 57 min Mister Chix 55,310
Casaus/Browder case 1 hr fmer505-1951 2
More than 500 walk to raise awareness about sui... 5 hr fmer505-1951 14
'Bless Me, Ultima' novelist Anaya inducted into... 5 hr fmer505-1951 8
Battle underway to move money from land grant p... 14 hr merle 3

Albuquerque Jobs

Albuquerque People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE