Gov. Martinez signed ballot request f...

Gov. Martinez signed ballot request for husband

There are 82 comments on the KOB-TV New Mexico story from Jan 19, 2013, titled Gov. Martinez signed ballot request for husband. In it, KOB-TV New Mexico reports that:

Gov. Susana Martinez has admitted signing an absentee ballot request for a school board election on behalf of her husband, Chuck Franco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV New Mexico.

GetItExpunged

Los Alamos, NM

#61 Jan 26, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
As much as I dislike Sucia, she did what is a common practice among spouses, signed her husbands name. The thing is she is the Governor, and signed the bill that became law a few months later, she should watch her P's & Q's. What is common practice among couples, is different when you are the Governor, or hold any government office. Was she criminal? NO, but careless.
I never thought I would defend Sucia!
It is criminal , the law is very specific, and was already held up by the court system 20 years ago. Only the persona listed on the ballot request can sign, not any other person, not a rep for them, n0ot a spouse, nadie. Just the person listed.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#62 Jan 26, 2013
GetItExpunged wrote:
<quoted text>
It is criminal , the law is very specific, and was already held up by the court system 20 years ago. Only the persona listed on the ballot request can sign, not any other person, not a rep for them, n0ot a spouse, nadie. Just the person listed.
I don't think that what she did is right. The law was clarified in 2011, and she signed that bill into law. As governor, she should have NOT signed her husbands name. Most couples, sign each others names to various things. Is it right? NO, but it is done quite frequently. Sucia, as the governor should have known better, and watched what she did. She should be able to separate her duties as governor, and that of spouse.
You are right, if it was any other person, that ballot would not be accepted, and everyone would have been yelling voter fraud.
Native American

Santa Fe, NM

#63 Jan 27, 2013
GetItExpunged wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she did. When I took NM state government, it was taught by a repub, and back 20 years ago, it was reviewed in class, that to make sure NO ONE could falsely register someone ,and stop them from later voting, only the persona listed on the ballot, request, ballot, and anything else with it, coudl sign for the ballot. That's it, only the person, no one else at all.
She committed a felony, knowingly, she is arrogant and anti-social. The law is still the law.
Arrogance in a politician, now that is a first!

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Dread Pirate Roberts

#64 Jan 28, 2013
GetItExpunged wrote:
<quoted text>
The law didn't cover that until she signed it into law later....
Please

Huntsville, AL

#65 Jan 28, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
The law didn't cover that until she signed it into law later....
don't be childish. As with anything related to elections, registration and voting or dealing with government on general, you don't forge anybody else's signature. You don't need special legislation to know that. Lame excuse.

With the technology available today, there is hardly any reason that someone can't sign their own papers. Even if you needed to turn in paperwork for someone who was unable to sign due to a medical condition or being unavailable due to remote travel, you would sign you own name FOR the the person and note the reason why they couldn't - rather than attempt to forge their name.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#66 Jan 28, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be childish. As with anything related to elections, registration and voting or dealing with government on general, you don't forge anybody else's signature. You don't need special legislation to know that. Lame excuse.
With the technology available today, there is hardly any reason that someone can't sign their own papers. Even if you needed to turn in paperwork for someone who was unable to sign due to a medical condition or being unavailable due to remote travel, you would sign you own name FOR the the person and note the reason why they couldn't - rather than attempt to forge their name.
{Sigh}

Stop drinking or smoking whatever it is you're doing because it isn't conducive to reality thinking....

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#67 Jan 28, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What is illegal vs what is morally right or smart are sometimes two different things, as in this case. Nothing changes the fact that it was NOT illegal at the time.

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#68 Jan 28, 2013
To those saying that since it was legal, we should just let it go, I suggest you do the same regarding a woman's right to choose.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#69 Jan 28, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
To those saying that since it was legal, we should just let it go, I suggest you do the same regarding a woman's right to choose.
So you're saying there is a morality in the laws we have or don't have?

Interesting....I thought you couldn't legislate morality?

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#70 Jan 28, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
That is something that Republican's will never do. They enjoy voyeurism too much!
What amazes me is that they are the ones screaming for their guns, but yet want to make abortion a crime.

Location hidden

#71 Jan 28, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
Ummmm, I'm pretty sure I don't recall any cases where a woman was "investigated", so to speak, for having an abortion. There is a hugge difference between doing somethint legal that some people object to and being investigated for a possible crime!

Location hidden

#72 Jan 28, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>That is something that Republican's will never do. They enjoy voyeurism too much!
What amazes me is that they are the ones screaming for their guns, but yet want to make abortion a crime.
What is extremely frightening is that you actually believe ALL Republicans believe everything you profess to abhor! Have you ever considered that most Republicans are just right of center, as are most Democrats?

Oh, and the voyeurism remark made absolutely no sense what so ever and is beneath any self respecting human!

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#73 Jan 28, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
Ummmm, I'm pretty sure I don't recall any cases where a woman was "investigated", so to speak, for having an abortion. There is a hugge difference between doing somethint legal that some people object to and being investigated for a possible crime!
It happens all the time, unofficially. And remember, it used to be a crime, here in the US.

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#74 Jan 28, 2013
For the record, JLOR, I am *not* the one marking your posts with those idiotic "judge-it" things. I hate those things, personally.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#75 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
What is extremely frightening is that you actually believe ALL Republicans believe everything you profess to abhor! Have you ever considered that most Republicans are just right of center, as are most Democrats?
Oh, and the voyeurism remark made absolutely no sense what so ever and is beneath any self respecting human!
Jlor, Republicans are RIGHT, not center, just as Democrats are LEFT, not center. If you believe that they are all center, I don't know what you have been reading about what is being said.
It is voyeurism. Why so interested in having a woman subject to watching video's about the fetus? Why a transvaginal ultrasound? Look Jlor, I don't believe in abortion, but I do believe it a woman's right to choose for herself. This bill that has been introduced, have you read it? Are you aware of what it says?
I don't care if people want their guns, but I am against them being able to have assault weapons. If Republicans want their guns, then stay out of a woman's reproductive system.

Yes, we both got off topic.
weird

Huntsville, AL

#76 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
http://losjournos.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/fi...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#77 Jan 29, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Jlor, Republicans are RIGHT, not center, just as Democrats are LEFT, not center. If you believe that they are all center, I don't know what you have been reading about what is being said.
It is voyeurism. Why so interested in having a woman subject to watching video's about the fetus? Why a transvaginal ultrasound? Look Jlor, I don't believe in abortion, but I do believe it a woman's right to choose for herself. This bill that has been introduced, have you read it? Are you aware of what it says?
I don't care if people want their guns, but I am against them being able to have assault weapons. If Republicans want their guns, then stay out of a woman's reproductive system.
Yes, we both got off topic.
The pre-emptive killing of a human life inside the womb....

Dread Pirate Roberts

#78 Jan 29, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>That is something that Republican's will never do. They enjoy voyeurism too much!
You might want to check the definition of voyeurism....

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#79 Jan 29, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
The pre-emptive killing of a human life inside the womb....
It isn't a HUMAN LIFE, it is an embryo, and a fetus after eight weeks. You may want to look up the definition.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#80 Jan 29, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to check the definition of voyeurism....
the compulsion to seek sexual gratification by secretively looking at sexual objects or acts; the actions of a Peeping Tom. Fits the definition of Right Wingers since they are so interested in a woman's reproductive system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A.R.T is not good for Albuquerque what do you t... 11 min The Green Watch Dog 48
4 Muslim Boys Rape Little Girl in Twin Falls Idaho 1 hr Former unlike now 28
News Northeast Albuquerque woman plans on moving aft... 2 hr Hyperbole 2
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 5 hr Katia 61,798
News Couple accused of stealing pricey cars from Alb... 6 hr SPAM 9
News Albuquerque Muslims mourn with, look to local L... 6 hr SPAM 5
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr SPAM 112,565
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages