What really happened to Michael Kelti...
Tangent

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jun 25, 2010
I think that he would probably be a better professor than a meteorologist. While I think he was a good meteorologist, I think that he wanted to report too much about the scientific aspects of weather than can really be fit into a weather clip. He seems to really love his science and for that reason I think he should teach. And I wish he and his wife and their baby the best.
mona

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jun 26, 2010
I was sad Michael left. He brought personality and fun to a low key station. He did a great job and I loved watching him and his ready smile. I emailed a question to KOB, but their response was that he was no longer with the station. He will be a big loss to the station.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#23 Jun 27, 2010
mona wrote:
I was sad Michael left. He brought personality and fun to a low key station. He did a great job and I loved watching him and his ready smile. I emailed a question to KOB, but their response was that he was no longer with the station. He will be a big loss to the station.
Yeah..but think of all the money they will save on bar tabs...
sallyskank

AOL

#24 Jun 29, 2010
Whomever is Mona is not the real Mona! Cause I know! So whomever you are you better stop masquerading around as Mona! Or sallyskank will use a sniffer packet and wipe your c drive clean! So you better think about that!

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#25 Jun 29, 2010
I thought he was a lively weatherman/meteorologist.
I did notice on more than one occasion, "Tom Joles"
not his actual name, see www.veromi.com , did hit him with a couple of digs, so I assumed that maybe there was a personality clash like with Steve Stucker and Nicole Brady, who now works evenings with Joles. Who knows? Maybe he irritated Nicole Brady as well. I for one am sorry to see him go. But with his resume' he is sure to land a much better job somewhere besides Albuquerque. If he does drink, he is not alone. Most New Mexicans drink heavily due to the stagnant social/political climate here. Not everyone, though, is fortunate enough to have their bosses or even the authorities cover for them, as they do for a number of District Court Judges, Metro Court Judges, cops and firemen. Ah, well, that's life in Albuquerque- gotta take the bad with the good!
he mentioned

Tijeras, NM

#26 Jun 30, 2010
on the air that he likes 69.
GrandeurElseWher e

AOL

#27 Jul 2, 2010
BarefootJoe wrote:
not his actual name, see www.veromi.com , did hit him with a couple of digs, so I assumed that maybe there was a personality clash like with Steve Stucker and Nicole Brady, who now works evenings with Joles. Who knows? Maybe he irritated Nicole Brady as well. I for one am sorry to see him go. But with his resume' he is sure to land a much better job somewhere besides Albuquerque. If he does drink, he is not alone. Most New Mexicans drink heavily due to the stagnant social/political climate here. Not everyone, though, is fortunate enough to have their bosses or even the authorities cover for them, as they do for a number of District Court Judges, Metro Court Judges, cops and firemen. Ah, well, that's life in Albuquerque- gotta take the bad with the good!
Wow, that is the best write up ABQ if ever in a million years.

Bet no one can one up you on that one.

Ha...Ha....Ha....Ha....Ha...

Most of the employed of ABQ are total losers including the wanna be governor Susanah Martinez, if that is her name.
GrandeurElseWher e

AOL

#28 Jul 2, 2010
And Nicole Brady acts like a super skank.
Mr chunks

Albuquerque, NM

#29 Jul 6, 2010
I like Nicole Brady. She should just be the anchor. Tom joles bring the narcolepsy out in me. And yes he hated that Nicole Brady liked Michael Kelting. It's good to see natural human behavior on tv. We censor ourselves too much. Tom Joles gives the new meteorologist fake smiles and fake gasps consistently now. Nicole Brady makes channel 4 watchable. Channel 13 is where it's at though.
martin

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Jul 7, 2010
Bring back George Fishbeck!
Tangent

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Jul 28, 2010
ya know, i noticed that too; Tom Joles seemed perturbed with him from the get-go and Tom made his sourness apparent on the TV a number of times.... And Nicole; has she ever really laughed? She is still so stiff...
BarefootJoe wrote:
marcus

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Jul 28, 2010
Poor Michael Kelting, a door out of plumb.

Your grandmother's doorstop, covered with calico, could not prevent the Banshees from whisking him away...
mr1776va

AOL

#33 Jul 29, 2010
marcus wrote:
Poor Michael Kelting, a door out of plumb.
Your grandmother's doorstop, covered with calico, could not prevent the Banshees from whisking him away...
That comment made me just roll over the floor with sick laughter! And the Banshees whished him away, ha! ha!

That is the most outlandish comment if ever!
DTDunham

Mayhill, NM

#34 Jul 30, 2010
I'm glad he's gone! He was such a phony-baloney and was full of affectations that he thought were cute, but were really obnoxious!

GOOD RIDDANCE!!
ConchaNPena

Huntsville, AL

#35 Aug 3, 2010
this is LIFE
Enchanted

Rio Rancho, NM

#36 Aug 7, 2010
Gone fishing
James J

Florence, AL

#37 Aug 9, 2010
Micheal was too sophisticated and too expertise for management that was accustomed to mediocre weather reporting.
Do you relly think Steve Stucker, Shar Spalding and all the others can even come close to Micheal's professionalism.
I roll over laughing every time I see Stucker holding a dog in his arm when forecasting, and with his weird quote of the day posted on his map.
Really professional if you live in la la land.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#38 Aug 9, 2010
James J wrote:
Micheal was too sophisticated and too expertise for management that was accustomed to mediocre weather reporting.
Do you relly think Steve Stucker, Shar Spalding and all the others can even come close to Micheal's professionalism.
I roll over laughing every time I see Stucker holding a dog in his arm when forecasting, and with his weird quote of the day posted on his map.
Really professional if you live in la la land.
balderdash, he was an amateur...didn't even take the time to learn the names of places in the state...and of course...he was a drunk, or at least appeared to have imbibed on several of his appearences...
James J

Florence, AL

#39 Aug 10, 2010
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
<quoted text>
balderdash, he was an amateur...didn't even take the time to learn the names of places in the state...and of course...he was a drunk, or at least appeared to have imbibed on several of his appearences...
Listen to our newscasters pronounce names of New Mexico cities and the majority of them mispronounce the names.Example: Here's one name they never get correctly: Jemez... how would you pronounce it ?
It's pronounced hey-mez and almost 100% of the time it's incorrectly pronounced hem-mez, even by native born NM newscasters. So Michael, not being from here, really should have been given a better grade. He was a professional, and in time he would have done well.
As far as accusing him of being a drinker, show me your documented proof. If you don't have any, don't throw stones at him.
Jon

Algodones, NM

#40 Aug 12, 2010
I'm glad kelting is gone. He did always seem drunk. Nicole Brady didn't like him, she made that cleas on 770kkob when she did her teaser befor the 6 o'clock news. She said he likes to be called "Special K" or "Killer Kelting". Don't ask me, but it was obvious no one there liked him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr Katia 64,367
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 5 hr Katia 115,298
Albuquerque's shootingest cops-common denominator? 7 hr Property taxes 5
News Albuquerque set to unveil statue of late boxer ... 9 hr LuzAranda 5
Florida professor suggests Texans deserve Harve... Fri The 41
News What's In A (Hispanic-Sounding) Surname? We Gav... Fri Voice of Reason 7
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) Sep 20 Muddwk 196

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance