Marla Tellez Leaving KOB Channel 4 News

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grizzly Bear

AOL

#1 Nov 4, 2010
I'm gonna miss that Marla Tellez. She's a cutie.
Can't blame her, though. More career opportunities in San Francisco.
Jeremy

Huntsville, AL

#2 Nov 6, 2010
I hope they can bring Monica Arementa back or hire Augusta Myers. It would be a way for the morning show to be top of the line again. Every since Monica left the morning show has gone down the tubes. Marla leaving is probably the best thing that can happen to the Morning show. I could tell that Marla was not really dedicated to reporting news from New Mexico. I think Marla’s intention is to work in National news. Monica or Augusta are more dedicated to report New Mexico news.
Buh Bye

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Nov 6, 2010
I for one didn't find her all that interesting. I prefer the KOAT morning group....easy on the early morning eyes.
All the best in SF.

Since: May 10

around the world

#4 Nov 6, 2010
I think Marla brought a fresh face to channel 4 news. It is nice to see a sincere smiling face in the eraly morning hours.

Monica Armenta is a bit out there. Steve Stucker gave some high wind warnings in his forecast and warned the high profile vehicles to be cautious out there. Monica asked what a high profile vehicle was. Duh
Memnoch

Dallas, TX

#5 Nov 8, 2010
Nothing left for her in NM. Her boy Carlos went to jail for the Santa Fe DWI hit-and-run.
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Nov 8, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
I hope they can bring Monica Arementa back or hire Augusta Myers. It would be a way for the morning show to be top of the line again. Every since Monica left the morning show has gone down the tubes. Marla leaving is probably the best thing that can happen to the Morning show. I could tell that Marla was not really dedicated to reporting news from New Mexico. I think Marla’s intention is to work in National news. Monica or Augusta are more dedicated to report New Mexico news.
Doubtful Monica can do a better job at KOB than what she is currently doing at APS. I don't think Monica is willing to get up that early. Will KOB pay Monica 110K+?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 8, 2010
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful Monica can do a better job at KOB than what she is currently doing at APS. I don't think Monica is willing to get up that early. Will KOB pay Monica 110K+?
I liked her with the early news and think she did a great job. Now that she's pimped herself to such a dysfunctional org as APS, she's just another freeloader getting a fat paycheck at taxpayer expense for doing less than minimal work.
Human Centipede

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Nov 15, 2010
No seriously - that's a photo of disgraced judge and supremely narcissistic Bob Schwartz trying to score a lesbian...
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Nov 15, 2010
Well, that's a bummer but I bet she had this move in mind as a career builder. She was in SF originally, took the anchor job here and is likely moving back to SF as an anchor, with a much larger salary, more opportunities, etc. It's not at all uncommon for people to build resume' in a secondary market, then jump back to a larger market when they get the opportunity.

Good luck, Marla! Hope things work out well for you.
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Nov 15, 2010
Memnoch wrote:
Nothing left for her in NM. Her boy Carlos went to jail for the Santa Fe DWI hit-and-run.
Not to worry. Fat Bill will pardon Carlito before 12/31/2010!
WTFabq

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Nov 17, 2010
Jeremy wrote:
I hope they can bring Monica Arementa back or hire Augusta Myers.
Not Monica Arementa !! she is horrible. I would rather they just have Steve Stucker and his dogs do the whole broadcast.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 17, 2010
I'm surprised she didn't migrate to the Dallas market. Several of Abq's former news people have done so. Among them Cynthia Izaguirre, and last night I saw reporter Matt Grubbs.
Absolutely

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Nov 17, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
I'm surprised she didn't migrate to the Dallas market. Several of Abq's former news people have done so. Among them Cynthia Izaguirre, and last night I saw reporter Matt Grubbs.
Obviously the Dallas market is a whole lot smarter than APS.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 17, 2010
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously the Dallas market is a whole lot smarter than APS.
Between Tucson and now Dallas, I've noted several old Abq newscasters in both during my numerous visits.
Christine

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Nov 17, 2010
We love Marla, she is sweet and has a sincere smiling face. You and Steve are a good pair.
Wish her all the best. A shame to see you leave.
Thales of Miletus

United States

#16 Nov 24, 2010
Bye Marla......
Jeff

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Nov 25, 2010
Marla, I and many others appreciate what you did for KOB, ABQ, and New Mexico during your time here. You're a sincere person, and it shows through in your on-screen presence. That's one of your best qualifications and qualities. I know you'll do great things back in California, whatever your future endeavors may be.
Best wishes.
Bob

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Dec 6, 2010
Marla Tellez is a horrible speaker and can't get through more than two sentences without butchering the sentence content and the English language in general. If anyone thinks she's headed for national news they don't understand what it takes. I wish her well, but I'm glad she's gone.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#19 Dec 6, 2010
Smart lady...escaping new mexico and all its ills....
Lei

United States

#20 Dec 6, 2010
OMG!!! I am so bummed! I loved to wake up to Steve and Marla. No offence but Antoinette Antonio just doesnt do it for me. There is no connection between Steve and Antoinette like there was with Marla. I loved the jokes and hard times they gave each other. She will be missed greatly!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 9 hr Piglet Von Chix 114,838
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 9 hr Mister Chix 63,876
Portland Oregon Stabber Jeremy Christian A Bern... 14 hr Nope 3
News High water levels leave big mess for crews at C... 14 hr Ron 1
trump derangement syndrome 18 hr Yep 18
Hillary Clinton, the Aging Crone... 18 hr barnyard 11
Melania Trump Reveals She is a Catholic Sun no biggie 2

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance