People Who Are Constantly Online Can ...

People Who Are Constantly Online Can Develop Mental Disorders

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Get off that computer. A new study finds that constantly being online can affect your mental health.

Researchers at the University of Gothenburg recently studied more than 4,100 Swedish men and women between the ages of 20 and 24 for a year and found that a majority of them who constantly use a computer and mobile phones can develop stress, sleeping disorders and depression.

Sara Thomee, lead author of the study, said there was a “central link” between computers and mental disorders.

“High quantitative use was a central link between computer use and stress, sleep disturbances, and depression, described by the young adults,” Thomee said in the study.“It was easy to spend more time than planned at the computer (e.g., working, gaming, or chatting), and this tended to lead to time pressure, neglect of other activities and personal needs (such as social interaction, sleep, physical activity), as well as bad ergonomics, and mental overload.”

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/07/17/stud...

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#2 Jul 17, 2012
I have to agree actually...
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Well knight, I don't know where your "mental disorders" come from, but they may be from here or more likely just exacerbated by computer use. LMAO

Elk Grove

#4 Jul 17, 2012
dpb wrote:
Well knight, I don't know where your "mental disorders" come from, but they may be from here or more likely just exacerbated by computer use. LMAO
I'll give you that one...probably exacerbated by computer use...
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#5 Jul 17, 2012
i never let my computer use interfere with me and the little woman watching jerry springer and maury. that keeps me sane.

Elk Grove

#6 Jul 17, 2012
texas ranger wrote:
i never let my computer use interfere with me and the little woman watching jerry springer and maury. that keeps me sane.
On here you can actually interact with those guests on the Springer show. Right dpb?
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

#7 Jul 17, 2012
LOL -- Yup, a lot of you would fit right (no pun intended) in with that mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr Katia 64,367
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 2 hr Katia 115,298
Albuquerque's shootingest cops-common denominator? 5 hr Property taxes 5
News Albuquerque set to unveil statue of late boxer ... 6 hr LuzAranda 5
Florida professor suggests Texans deserve Harve... Fri The 41
News What's In A (Hispanic-Sounding) Surname? We Gav... Fri Voice of Reason 7
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) Sep 20 Muddwk 196

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance