Back trouble: Two former GCRMC docs b...

Back trouble: Two former GCRMC docs buried in lawsuits

There are 13 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Aug 25, 2011, titled Back trouble: Two former GCRMC docs buried in lawsuits. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Dr. Christian R. Schlicht used to inform prospective patients that he had invented a surgical procedure for chronic back pain that would turn "the clock back by decades." The key: a cement-like substance he would inject between discs in the spine to act as a cushion and stop pain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Doctor Wellington Yueh

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Aug 28, 2011
The Liquid Bone must flow!
Patient 9001

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Aug 28, 2011
Stop Christian... Stop Christian... Please Stop.. Stop..

I'm feeling much better now, Christian! I truly am!

I can feel my legs going now. Stop Christian...
Oxycontin, Oxycontin, give me your relief now, do
I'm totally crazy all for the relief of you
Gregory Fraser

San Jose, CA

#3 Oct 5, 2011
This is quite similar to what is happening with DePuy’s medical devices although doctors weren’t the one blamed for it but the manufacturer. If you’re interested, you can read more here LINK.
Johan

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Oct 5, 2011
Gregory Fraser wrote:
This is quite similar to what is happening with DePuy’s medical devices although doctors weren’t the one blamed for it but the manufacturer. If you’re interested, you can read more here LINK.
You didnt post a link.
MZ GOODY TWO SHOES

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Oct 5, 2011
Sorry can't give you a link but read somewhere on internet the procedure of injecting glue or cement or whatever was first tried out by a Dr. in France.
Doctor Wellington Yueh

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Oct 5, 2011
Kevin

Gunnison, CO

#7 Oct 15, 2011
Without much information there isn't too much to comment on this topic. However, I have to say that just because they doctors may be taking in lawsuits left and right now for the procedures they were doing on patients, does not necessarily make them guilty of mistreatment. However, they definitely went against the rules and guidelines that they are supposed to follow. In this case, they will most likely lose their licenses especially if the treatment does not make substantial change.
I have a site that is very related to surgeries at http://www.surgicaltechsalary.org check it out if you have time there it lots of great information.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#8 Oct 15, 2011
Doctor Wellington Yueh wrote:
Get off your drugs !
Doctor Wellington Yueh

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Oct 15, 2011
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Get off your drugs !
Thanks! I will GET OFF my drugs!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Oct 15, 2011
Doctor Wellington Yueh wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! I will GET OFF my drugs!
That was an impostor who obviously likes drugs!
Albert

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 18, 2011
I suffer from chronic lower back pain but I would never undergo surgery for it unless necessary. I find surgeries invasive and with what has been happening to hip raplecemt surgeries, I think my feelings are justified. I've been trying to educate myself more though and this website http://www.depuyhipreplacementlawsuit.com made for an interesting reading companion.
Helena

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 25, 2011
Dr. Christian R. Schlicht used to inform prospective patients that he had invented a surgical procedure for chronic back pain that would turn "the clock back by decades." The key: a cement-like substance he would inject between discs in the spine to act as a cushion and stop pain. More facts on http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com/recall
Joesph

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Nov 25, 2011
Helena wrote:
Dr. Christian R. Schlicht used to inform prospective patients that he had invented a surgical procedure for chronic back pain that would turn "the clock back by decades." The key: a cement-like substance he would inject between discs in the spine to act as a cushion and stop pain. More facts on http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com/recall
What does cement-like injections have to do with hip implant recalls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NMSU Chancellor Carruthers to retire in 2018 10 hr Stoolio 1
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 11 hr snakes 64,188
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 11 hr new parrot 115,126
trump derangement syndrome (Feb '17) 16 hr Nope 186
Poll Who's hotter at KOB-TV? (Dec '11) Mon de gustibus 46
Tools stolen from your repair shop, truck, home... Mon fly on wall 1
How has Albuquerque changed ? Mon that 3

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance