NM Graduation Rank At Bottom

NM Graduation Rank At Bottom

Posted in the Albuquerque Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 2, 2012
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2852837.s...

Can't even give us our ranking out of 52 states. They think we are too dumb to know?

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 2, 2012
Only Nevada and the Bureau of Indian Education rank lower. We are at 62% and Nevada at 63%. Close.
Hagar

Sterling Heights, MI

#3 Dec 2, 2012
That's our University of Nothing Much.

“Go Away!”

Since: Mar 10

ABQ Far NE Heights

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Forget Albuquerque Public Schools moronic slogan:

"Celebrate The Potential!". Let's go with:

"Thank God For Nevada!"

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 3, 2012
All one needs do is look at NM's voting record to substantiate the title of this thread.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 3, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
All one needs do is look at NM's voting record to substantiate the title of this thread.
That is KUDOS...that is great...too funny...Best in a long time. You are the man. So much for trying to shorten titles. Freud could not get much by you. The Parapraxis Man

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 3, 2012
ROTFL. Long time for an out loud laugh and chuckle. Thanks CD you old salty dog.
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Dec 9, 2012
TEENAGERS are special. Once they get close to the age it's OK to quit, THEY'LL QUIT. Those kids need encouragment to stick it out until graduation. The glory of the high school diploma compared to a GED certifcate or worse a future with no job or little paying occupations. More tutoring is needed and MORE assistance to keep that kid in school. HS Diploma should be every teenager's goal. SEX education is a must to keep them smart and going

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 10, 2012
Concha Pena wrote:
TEENAGERS are special. Once they get close to the age it's OK to quit, THEY'LL QUIT. Those kids need encouragment to stick it out until graduation. The glory of the high school diploma compared to a GED certifcate or worse a future with no job or little paying occupations. More tutoring is needed and MORE assistance to keep that kid in school. HS Diploma should be every teenager's goal. SEX education is a must to keep them smart and going
Thanks for your studied words. And just wanted some clarification about how SEXEDUCATION is a must and how that keeps them SMART and GOING. Explain in complete sentences, please.
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Dec 10, 2012
hphp I meant HO HO it is Santa's season after all. Complete sentences, my dear, OK.wHO HAS THE HIGHEST UNMARRIED PREGNANCY RATE? teenage girls. Two to tango. so that selfish dude takes no prcautions himself. COULD IT BE BECAUSE NEITHER KNOWS pregnancy facts? Teenagers are not too smart in that case. BIOLOGY(?) or human reproduction knowlege should teach them when NOT to have sex. Girls should have love for themselves as to finish school, enjoy school proms. homecomings, cafeteria foods, good grades. Friendships should be encouraged and warned of the perils of unwanted pregnancies. A MUST IT HAS TO BE. Sex, human interaction must be taught in schools Respectable teachers have the most inportant influence on the high school student so teach and show human responsabilities. I don't know if I have incomplete sentences but I put in VERY Complete thoughts. Thank you.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#11 Dec 10, 2012
I think that problem is that too much interaction happens through the schools and not enough of the 3 R's. It is like a theme out of Lord Of The Flies. I figure the schools will do about as well on this as they do in the other academic courses they teach.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Concha Pena wrote:
hphp I meant HO HO it is Santa's season after all. Complete sentences, my dear, OK.wHO HAS THE HIGHEST UNMARRIED PREGNANCY RATE? teenage girls. Two to tango. so that selfish dude takes no prcautions himself. COULD IT BE BECAUSE NEITHER KNOWS pregnancy facts? Teenagers are not too smart in that case. BIOLOGY(?) or human reproduction knowlege should teach them when NOT to have sex. Girls should have love for themselves as to finish school, enjoy school proms. homecomings, cafeteria foods, good grades. Friendships should be encouraged and warned of the perils of unwanted pregnancies. A MUST IT HAS TO BE. Sex, human interaction must be taught in schools Respectable teachers have the most inportant influence on the high school student so teach and show human responsabilities. I don't know if I have incomplete sentences but I put in VERY Complete thoughts. Thank you.
It is a lack of teaching respect and morals...which are parental responsibilities. Schools can only teach HOW to have sex...devoid from the right and wrong aspects of it.

It's like giving a child a gun...showing them how to use it...without teaching them the right and wrong morality of using it...

So eventually something is going to go wrong...

Which all this would be a distraction to reading, writing and math...

Which is what the rest of the countries in the world are kicking us upside our behinds on...

Why? Because they don't teach sex ed...they teach what they NEED to do to function and get a job in society...

What the schools are doing are making more and more Kelly Bundy's rather than Albert Einsteins...but hey...guess that's cooler right?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Concha Pena wrote:
TEENAGERS are special. Once they get close to the age it's OK to quit, THEY'LL QUIT. Those kids need encouragment to stick it out until graduation. The glory of the high school diploma compared to a GED certifcate or worse a future with no job or little paying occupations. More tutoring is needed and MORE assistance to keep that kid in school. HS Diploma should be every teenager's goal. SEX education is a must to keep them smart and going
Hmm...with that logic hookers and pimps and johns should be considered geniuses by now...
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...with that logic hookers and pimps and johns should be considered geniuses by now...
just teachers, only teachers. are we listening?

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#15 Dec 10, 2012
No one is blaming teachers. It is the system and the curriculum. We are at the bottom, so to speak, because our sex education program is lacking? Could other factors be playing a role? Factors even outside the government education system? There are many factors which cause the tipping point. The educational system just reflects those.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 10, 2012
And I think that KM's point was what is being taught and how. There are schools and certifications for teachers, but they are put into a system with a curriculum and a philosophy and a method of teaching. Works for you?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#17 Dec 10, 2012
Willothewisp wrote:
And I think that KM's point was what is being taught and how. There are schools and certifications for teachers, but they are put into a system with a curriculum and a philosophy and a method of teaching. Works for you?
Exactly...thank you...sometimes I'm not as clear as I'd like to be...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#18 Dec 10, 2012
Concha Pena wrote:
<quoted text>just teachers, only teachers. are we listening?
Yes...it is more about what is being taught than who...

And I was addressing your comment about sex ed making them smarter...

Sex = more brain power?

Lady Gaga versus Carl Sagan

Madonna versus Bill Gates

I'm not seeing the correlation...
Concha Pena

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Dec 10, 2012
sex=brain power? Carl Sagan ain't got a brain, Bill Gate ain't got a cent. TEENAGERS-SEX CORRELATION. I'm talking about teenagers' pregnancy rate. Are our girls not better off than the forced marriages victims? or the raped pre-adolecents? Knowledge=freedom School freedom for all world females. Women have a time to learn, enjoy, love, decide, live. Teenager are smarter than we are but not much wiser. Schools, who have more influence than parents, should attempt to end teenage pregnancies. It could lessen unwanted babies and give girls respect.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#20 Dec 10, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lack of teaching respect and morals...which are parental responsibilities. Schools can only teach HOW to have sex...devoid from the right and wrong aspects of it.
It's like giving a child a gun...showing them how to use it...without teaching them the right and wrong morality of using it...
So eventually something is going to go wrong...
Which all this would be a distraction to reading, writing and math...
Which is what the rest of the countries in the world are kicking us upside our behinds on...
Why? Because they don't teach sex ed...they teach what they NEED to do to function and get a job in society...
What the schools are doing are making more and more Kelly Bundy's rather than Albert Einsteins...but hey...guess that's cooler right?
Schools don't teach how to have sex, that comes naturally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI: Man in Wal-Mart vest robs Albuquerque bank 3 hr G33na 3
Is John McCain Suffering from "Stockholm Syndro... 3 hr Another 28
Will Obama Pardon Hillary 3 hr While 10
On this day in history Clinton Denial in Lewins... 3 hr Better 16
News Trump voters thrilled with promised action on b... 3 hr Drain 598
So what the heck happened with the Zika Virus? 5 hr Ohymon 7
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 5 hr Cooties 63,516

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albuquerque Mortgages