FBI investigates Realtor for mortgage...

FBI investigates Realtor for mortgage fraud

There are 129 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Mar 7, 2008, titled FBI investigates Realtor for mortgage fraud. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

An Albuquerque Realtor and mortgage broker is suspected of cheating lenders out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to court documents from an FBI investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

Santa Fe NM

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#107 Sep 8, 2008
Too bad the FBI missed New Mexico Bank & Trust in Santa Fe, NM. That bank has strong ties to Countrywide Home Loans and New Mexico Bank & Trust has made and sold millions of dollars in bad loans to Countrywide. Of course, Countrywide knew the loans were bad.
Racing Fan

Lafayette, CO

#108 Sep 8, 2008
Hasn't enough been said about this topic. Lets move on.

“Bright Energy Solar Saves $$$”

Since: Jul 08

Metro Orlando, Fla

#109 Sep 8, 2008
Hi...I havent been back here for a while..but have finally found 3 great sources of REOs and notes.
No Daisy chaining, we are as close as you can be.

I can say that we now can do 25 mill minimums on the new FHA packages ....Fl properties are our specialities...

Contact Mike Norvell Sr
[email protected]
Visit our new website:

http://www.assetsclearinghouse.com
Lil Bush

Albuquerque, NM

#110 Sep 8, 2008
Former Wife wrote:
I used to be married to this guy. I have three grown children at this time. While married to this idiot and after or rather during our divorce, he attempted to take my home which i purchased during the divorce. He did not care whether my children had a home all he cared about was himself. This idiot is the lowest, most self-serving, self-rightous person I have ever known. He has always presented himself as a God fearing individual whose only person he had in mind was himself and what he is able to gain off of other unsuspecting law abiding individuals. If there is ever a person so deserving of what is now happening, IT IS KEVIN S. POWERS. I truly hope the feds give him EVERYTHING he so deserves. Every thing comes back. Your reap what you sew. I feel for every individual who has ever had a dealing with this jerk.
I just love this. When are people going to learn. This is the day and age where you cannot cover your tracks. It's not "if you get caught but when."
Need to Know

Rio Rancho, NM

#111 Oct 4, 2008
Tool Guy wrote:
CAT OUT OF CLOSET, HAVE A NICE DAY, AND ...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Tool Guy. What's this about Kevin Powers being gaY? Where's the proof? Who does he have fun with and where?
came into contact

United States

#112 Oct 16, 2008
This guy is a socio-path, and the former wife is right, I knew of this guy, sadly to say. But, he obviously has mental problems aside from his shady dealings. He deserves to be locked up for a while! Hes dangerous, ugly, and red.. He is a disgusting human being. The world is better off without him.
truth

United States

#113 Oct 18, 2008
Realtors are the same caliber as used car salemen. They need to push product to make a living. This provides incentive to hide or misrepresent the product. I've worked with several and found most (not all) wanted to PUSH the sale with little regards to my needs. I will avoid a realtor at all costs from this point on. Besides, most people don't even know how easy it is to sell a house - it's the title company does the REAL work.
WTF

Cedar Crest, NM

#114 Nov 19, 2008
real ex-wife wrote:
i don't know who you are former wife, although I am the real ex-wife. if all you have to do is try to hurt someone, I feel extremely sorry for you. if this individual has done something against the law then let the law settle it. He and I may not have had the best marriage, although we have both gone out separate ways. I wish Mr. Powers no harm and whoever is doing this former wife garbage needs to stop. I would be concerned for all involved in this mess, and for the outcome. That should be enough said. As for anyone else, good luck to all of you.
Posters claiming to have been wives of Powers, "real ex-wife" and "former wife", aren't fooling anybody. The next time you claim to be an ex-wife, I would advise you adjust your poor grammar composition. Your grammatical errors are identical in your comments posted to this thread.
WTF

Cedar Crest, NM

#115 Nov 19, 2008
Fly On The Wall wrote:
Who are you trying to fool? Both 'former wife' & 'real e-wife" refer to him as a "individual", you both don't always use caps when saying "I". It appears to be the same person but I won't quote your name,(YET) but listen here:
"LIBEL" = A written, printed, or pictorial statement that unjustly damages a person's reputation. 2. The action or crime of presenting such a statement to the public. To make or publish a libel (about).
It is a good thing your kids are grown because I would guess it looks like you may loss your home afterall! The same can go for you too "MTG Broker" in AZ. I know IT people that can trace this stuff. This Slander and Libel would be a hole lot easier to prove than what he is accussed of doing...
Another claim made by "former wife" that doesn't ring true is the alleged efforts made by Powers to get his name on title through your Mortgage Company. You clearly have little to NO understanding of SFR Mortgage Lending or you would know the Mortgage Loan Officer or Lender has no authority OR ability to add another person on title. Furthermore, it would be a pointless endeavor, considering NM is a community property state.

Get a life!
Same Experience

Albuquerque, NM

#116 Nov 21, 2008
came into contact wrote:
This guy is a socio-path, and the former wife is right, I knew of this guy, sadly to say. But, he obviously has mental problems aside from his shady dealings. He deserves to be locked up for a while! Hes dangerous, ugly, and red.. He is a disgusting human being. The world is better off without him.
My perceptions are the same. Do we know each other?
landlord

Albuquerque, NM

#117 Nov 21, 2008
Did this guy move into my trailor park? I thought I saw a ugly,red,guy in the laundry room. He was shouting at this women to get the damn corndogs out of the frying pan. I'd really feel more comfortable if I could identify this fellow. Does he have numerous tattoos and whatnot?
And come to think of it, one of my best tenants claims to have been with this man (homo). What is going on around HERE?
Producer

Albuquerque, NM

#118 Nov 21, 2008
Would some of you folks be willing to be on a reality TV show which portrays dysfunctional relationships? We are eagerly seeking potential actors/realists for an upcoming feature presentation starring YOU! Pay is dependent on experience.
Bird Lady

AOL

#119 Nov 22, 2008
Private eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe what you're saying? I was hired by Mr. Powers to investigate your activity because he thought you were cheating on him. He was correct. I investigated you for a month and can testify that you are not what you claim. You did cheat on him, wasn't he your husband #4 or #5? You are correct you may be in law enforcement (to some degree) but my sources say you are truely a pain in the butt that people are trying to get you out of there.
I have known the former wife 15+ years and every thing Private Eye said is true. She is a nutcase! I don't know if Kevin actually did this but I feel bad for him. She is still screwing him over after all of these years.
Cowboy up Los Lunas NM

Albuquerque, NM

#121 Nov 25, 2008
Former Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. PLEASE READ ON.
Well, if you will look at the meat of the comment; it was obvious back then that he was in the beginnings of his fraudulant behavior. As I stated, he went behind my back and attempted to get his name on the title to my home, of which I purchased long before I met this jerk. Thank God, I did not have any children with this piece of garbage!!! It was only after we married that the true Kevin Powers came about; i.e. nasty attitude, controlling behavior, stalking behavior, and there are too many other descriptions which I could go into detail but will spare all of you at this time. I honestly feel very bad for anyone who had any dealings with this jerk in any way. Also to advise anyone who reads this and who had any dealing with this creep, I found out after we divorced he was also associated with the Arian Nation (Brotherhood) and has an extensive criminal history in California. I am now in law enforcement and deal with these type people everyday, therefore, I have no reason to lie, or give false truths. I live by an oath on a daily basis. May God be with anyone who has had any dealing with this guy.
What support??? I know you and all of these nasty things you have posted about Kevin i.e. idiot, piece of garbage is BS! Sounds more like you are describing your self. He was good to you & your 3 kids from 2 different fathers. You probably still owe more on your low-income dump than it's even worth. You are not exactly in Law Enforcement either, you were a security guard for a short time and got fired for being incompetant! No one that has known you for any length of time likes you because of your know-it-all selfish attitude. Did I mention all the cheating and lying? You should keep your mouth shut. You yourself have walked a fine line for many years and should have been investigated for child neglect, fraud, extortion, animal abuse, zoning violations and now slander. Kevin should sue you! Believe me, I know more than a handfull of locals that wish you would either find some pills that work or just go away!
Cruel

Albuquerque, NM

#122 Nov 25, 2008
Cowboy up Los Lunas NM wrote:
<quoted text> What support??? I know you and all of these nasty things you have posted about Kevin i.e. idiot, piece of garbage is BS! Sounds more like you are describing your self. He was good to you & your 3 kids from 2 different fathers. You probably still owe more on your low-income dump than it's even worth. You are not exactly in Law Enforcement either, you were a security guard for a short time and got fired for being incompetant! No one that has known you for any length of time likes you because of your know-it-all selfish attitude. Did I mention all the cheating and lying? You should keep your mouth shut. You yourself have walked a fine line for many years and should have been investigated for child neglect, fraud, extortion, animal abuse, zoning violations and now slander. Kevin should sue you! Believe me, I know more than a handfull of locals that wish you would either find some pills that work or just go away!
I think it's important to note that the ex wife has HER OWN PLACE which she has held onto. Not all people are able to pay their mortgage and hold on to what little they do posess today. Many are including their homes in Bancruptcy, or sadly are in forclosure, or going through a short sale. Calling someone's home a dump is cruel and unnecessary.
Bird Lady

AOL

#123 Nov 25, 2008
Cruel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's important to note that the ex wife has HER OWN PLACE which she has held onto. Not all people are able to pay their mortgage and hold on to what little they do posess today. Many are including their homes in Bancruptcy, or sadly are in forclosure, or going through a short sale. Calling someone's home a dump is cruel and unnecessary.
Obviously alot of people have been hurt or humiliated by 'former wife.' it is important to note that cheating on your husband that loved you and your 3 kids from other men, then posting on the internet that THE X-husband is a 'piece of garbage, in the Arayan brotherhood and an idiot' is the definition of cruelty and unnecessary! Too many people know you and how mean and spiteful you are 'Cruel' or oops, I mean 'Former wife' whatever, let it go and find someone else to screw over, oh but you have, how's the 5th husband working out? so sad....
Caterina

Albuquerque, NM

#125 Nov 28, 2008
Appraiser wrote:
I have to ask which appraiser inflated the prices of the houses for Kevin Powers. Also, how did he get all this past the Vaughan Co. They must have known what he was doing.
And his fraud started in 2002 in the fourplex market.
You are on the nose, dead on with this. I have reviewed some reports from that time frame in the very market you speak of, where Kevin Powers was involved. I don't think that particular appraiser is at it anymore, but his mentor sure is.
Just Wondering

Rio Rancho, NM

#126 Nov 30, 2008
Hey Kevin,
Is that you responding to your ex wifes blogs?
MEL

Rio Rancho, NM

#127 Dec 1, 2008
Cowboy up Los Lunas NM wrote:
<quoted text> What support??? I know you and all of these nasty things you have posted about Kevin i.e. idiot, piece of garbage is BS! Sounds more like you are describing your self. He was good to you & your 3 kids from 2 different fathers. You probably still owe more on your low-income dump than it's even worth. You are not exactly in Law Enforcement either, you were a security guard for a short time and got fired for being incompetant! No one that has known you for any length of time likes you because of your know-it-all selfish attitude. Did I mention all the cheating and lying? You should keep your mouth shut. You yourself have walked a fine line for many years and should have been investigated for child neglect, fraud, extortion, animal abuse, zoning violations and now slander. Kevin should sue you! Believe me, I know more than a handfull of locals that wish you would either find some pills that work or just go away!
There you are!! I heard about you Candi Cannon, you and your ex husband #1 or was it 2, Sawn? You owe me money and trashed my place. I remember you trailer trash from back in the 90's and it seems you haven't changed a bit. I remember you fighting with the ex sawn, didn't you get arrested for battery to him or something like that? I think he left you for the same reason, what a shame! Looks like you leave sh--- skid marks wherever you go. What is your name now, real ex or just x x x x x ? Don't know that Kevin guy but I feel sorry for him already. He must have really hurt you for you to stay after him all theze years. Your neighbors don't like you much either, hummmm, time to move and change your name again? Has your foul mouth gotten any better?
Smarter than Powers

Albuquerque, NM

#128 Dec 4, 2008
3 real estate deals fell through for us because Kevin has a problem dealing with people. Biggest problem I have with him is the solid gold JESUS ring on his wedding finger and how he holds himself up to be a shining example of a Christian. Disgusting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albuquerque Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 115,150
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 64,213
Taipei Frozen Chinese Food Micro Boxes- Pepper ... (Jan '12) 4 hr suede 8
trump derangement syndrome (Feb '17) 6 hr Ustinque 204
New 88 Craft Beer Hits the Albuquerque market 6 hr Ustinque 2
nancy pelousy queen of the double standard left 6 hr Ustinque 3
How has Albuquerque changed ? 9 hr CallousOneToo 8

Albuquerque Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance