Trustee to Gardunos: You're fired (9:20 a.m.)

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

After a 42-year run in Albuquerque, the Garduno family is officially out of the restaurant business.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Apr 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Garduño was an operator and a restaurateur but he was a lousy businessmen. The volume his restaurants did was phenomenal, the margins damn good, staffing damn good.... but he believed all the press releases and took his eye off the ball.

Whether or not individuals' opinions of the food was good, bad or indifferent, given the fact the demise didn't have a damn thing to do with sales, those opinions are immaterial.

It's a family loss, but 5 years from now people will be asking "Who was Dave Garduño?"
esok

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

davy wrote:
Your tex-mex sh*t is worse than Garduno's. Everyone in ABQ should check out El Bruno's at the old Garduno's location on 4th.<quoted text>
Tex-mex? I didn't even know they served that ish down here. You can find me at Chopes, nuff said.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Just sayin wrote:
Gardunos = Over priced Taco Bell
I went there with my wife, son, and two grand daughters. It took 45 minutes for the adults to be served and another 30 minutes for the kids meals. Service was lousy and the food hardly edible. I hear Nick from Nick & Jimmies is going to reopen the Montgomery location as the El Patron restaurant. This will be a tremendous improvement.
Just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Cecila Morrison wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an ignorant twit.
Your knowledge of good Mexican food is measured by the length of your memory of Mama.
Shut up about trying to communicate in a business setting. Las Cruces was an experiment in the outback.
Albuquerque residents loved Gardunos. What do you have to equal it? Your wet spot?
Shut up.
Albuquerque is one giant, low class ghetto. Put that in your wet spot.
Abqrock

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Dave was brilliant with an eye for detail. He lost his shirt because he stopped paying attention to the food and guests and left it to others. I doubt John ripped him off, but even if he did it happened because he took his eye off the ball. Turning it over to the kids was the worst idea. I always said Dave may not be standing next to mother Tereasa at the pearly gates, but if he had stayed focused he could have been a Donald Trump. His fourth st. people loved him because he was around all the time, the rest of us only saw one side, which was a jerk. If Dave needs money we will hear from him again, if not I don't see him being motiveated. As far as the kids go, well their not their father.
USA

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Albuquerque is one giant, low class ghetto. Put that in your wet spot.
This coming from someone who lives in the armpit of New Mexico......Las Cruces is just an extension of that cess pool El Paso!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Garduno's was horrible. I was there when he shuttered his restaraunt here in Cruces, with NO WARNING to the employees.
Manager called all employees in for a mandatory meeting and then announced they were closed. As of now. And you're out of jobs. What a nice guy of a business owner...

Never mind the food sucked and everything in that place was overpriced.

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

wOW....THE owners and namesakes getting fired from their own businesses. They apparently hired
some hammers to clean up their messes.

Intersting.
Just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

USA wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who lives in the armpit of New Mexico......Las Cruces is just an extension of that cess pool El Paso!
That's not what your Mom said.
Cruces Ex

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Hole in the Wall Los Cuates!! Albu...best there is or was!
USA

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what your Mom said.
Aren't you the clever one.......it must be the water!
Tasty Taster

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

De La Vegas is crappy too!
Digger

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

I know the Garduno family well, and I believe they would agree they lost focus for a period, much to their detriment as John ransacked the company, then fled town. But I can also attest they renewed their focus and worked day and night to turn the company around these last 2 years. And don't believe anything you read in the press from Caplan or Valdovinos. While they paint the family as "financial liabilities" they have approved fat cat raises for themselves, hired family members, and even comped meals for friends and family. They're just as selfish and self-serving as was the employee who's theft started this all. And notice how they say running the restaurants as "Garduno's" not a condition of the sale? They just want the payday at the end of it all
Michelle

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

Shame on you people for knocking the Garduno family. They are an upstanding family of the community and deserve credit much credit. As for the negative comment...aren't you complaining about your residents (the overserved Mexican group) disgusting...NOT THE GARDUNO FAMILY!!!
Dixie Normous

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2011

USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Juarez Mexico, El Paso and Las Cruces are three peas in a pod. That whole corridor is a sh*tstain on the Southwest.
Let's bake a black cake to honor the Garduno family. Just shows that nepotism, greed, stupidity and incestuous inbreeding will always bury the family business. See Adelphia Cable for another example. By the way, wasn't that a Garduno family member arguing with the clerk at the 7-Eleven on Central-Solano over a scratcher ticket?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Albuquerque Forum right now

Search the Albuquerque Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bait Car Arrests 1 hr expect 1
NM vets react to Congress' VA reform deal 3 hr more red tape 1
Homeless slayings underscore dangers on the street 7 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 13 hr Mister Chix 54,880
Program to teach empathy to Albuquerque children 14 hr lolololol 1
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 14 hr Mister Chix 105,832
Push to lower penalties for marijuana possessio... Mon bad 1
•••
•••