Two women traveling wrong way killed in collision

Full story: Newsday

State Police Lt. Louis Weber told Capital 9 News of Albany that the women were heading north in the southbound lanes of Interstate 787 near Albany's northern city limit at about 4 a.m. when they collided with ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Sep 6, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Candy

Wallington, NJ

#1 Jul 11, 2007
Wrong way?

How do the police know which way they wanted to go?
DUH

Washington, DC

#2 Jul 11, 2007
Ummmmmm....you must be joking!! They were driving in the wrong direction...in other words they either were driving south bound in a north bound lane or visa-versa!

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#3 Jul 11, 2007
They were probably illegals and couldn't read the sign in English
John Candy

Wallington, NJ

#4 Jul 11, 2007
DUH wrote:
Ummmmmm....you must be joking!! They were driving in the wrong direction...in other words they either were driving south bound in a north bound lane or visa-versa!
Ever see the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"?

It was a joke.
DUH

Washington, DC

#7 Jul 11, 2007
drunkenlimeybastard wrote:
Here we go....it must've been an illegal cause never in a million years would a "white person" do something so stupid right??

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#9 Jul 11, 2007
Troy police have confirmed more details about the identity of one of the young women killed in the head-on collision on I-787 this morning.

Police said one of the women killed was the daughter of Troy Police Sergeant Ronald Epstein.

It is not clear whether Sara Epstein, 19, was driving the Chevy SUV at the time of the crash.

So, it was a bimbette on the cellphone with the music blaring
concerned

Albany, NY

#10 Jul 11, 2007
"They were probably illegals and couldn't read the sign in English" Two young girls lost there lives and the best you have is this. Why must everything come to race. You had a better chance saying that they were drunk or high, but no, they were not illegals. It was most likely a mistake,unsure how but you shouldn't stoop that low!
DUH

Washington, DC

#11 Jul 12, 2007
Troy police have confirmed more details about the identity of one of the young women killed in the head-on collision on I-787 this morning.
Police said one of the women killed was the daughter of Troy Police Sergeant Ronald Epstein.
It is not clear whether Sara Epstein, 19, was driving the Chevy SUV at the time of the crash.
So, it was a bimbette on the cellphone with the music blaring
Epstein you say?? That sounds very JEWISH to me. Guess the "theory" that they had to have been illegals is just that....A THEORY!!!! Saddest part about the whole thing....2 people lost their lives and people immediately pull the "race card". Such a shame that people can be so ignorant!!!
DUH

Washington, DC

#13 Jul 12, 2007
crack pipe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's right. An illegal alien can't be jewish.
Never said that but more often than not, the "illegal alien" reference is made regarding hispancs. Sorry that I assumed that is also what you you were referring to.
Doug

New York, NY

#14 Jul 13, 2007
They weren't illegal anythings Sara was my friend and she lived her whole life in Troy NY, her dad was a cop there. I didn't know Alicia but neither of them deserved to die so young and for anyone to make stupid fuckin' jokes about it well I just wish I could meet them once and make them feel the kind of pain everyone that knew Sara and Alicia feel.
Doug

New York, NY

#15 Jul 13, 2007
Oh and as to her being a "bimbette" Sara graduated last year with high honors and was an consistent honor roll student
Staci

Wynantskill, NY

#17 Jul 14, 2007
Sara was a friend and girlfriend to one my best friends younger brother she was the sweetest person you could have ever met and me and my friends have had a rough couple days now and you people have nothing better to do then talk about people you dont even know like this? Why dont you take a close look at your lives and the things you probably did we all have before you go viewing others...They were both beautiful smart young women who deserve better then that...

Thanks!
Bill

AOL

#18 Jul 16, 2007
To all the twisted scumbags with negative comments, why don't you have some respect for these two girls and their families. You can't possibly be so ignorant, I pray that God forgives all of you.
Big J

Castleton On Hudson, NY

#19 Jul 18, 2007
Doug and Staci,

I am so sorry for your loss and hope you are finding the comfort you need. If you could help me I would appreciate it. I was contacted on an automotive forum regarding this accident by someone refering to themselves as "Blais". I am a local and drive by the scene everyday (Edgar Scott died very close to there as well) and doing that in and of itself is difficult. My heart goes out to the people touched by this tradegy. If you could help me find Blais or have her get in touch with me again I would appreciate it. I just want to make sure she is okay.

As for the rest of you with nothing nice to say just remember that the worst places in hell are reserved for people like yourselves.
Concerned Re- Humanity

Rensselaer, NY

#21 Aug 14, 2007
I'm not sure what everyone here is going on about. There is nothing funny about death. Everyone does "dumb" things. No one deserves to die. People should NOT DRIVE DRUNK. I hope that everyone who hears of this tragic accident uses their BRAIN and avoids any situation in which they will be able to drive a vehicle after drinking. Those two girls were too drunk to stand--let alone get behind the wheel of a car! EVERYONE MUST LEARN FROM THIS. Don't just mourn, and ask "Why did thins happen?" There is a reason for everything. No one seems to get it through their heads......until it is too late.
Think BEFORE you drink. They dies because of stupidity--and I don't mean to disrespect them, no one stopped them when they couldn't stop themselves....EVERYONE is responsible for their death.
WAKE UP, please...:-(
Detective Dick

Raleigh, NC

#22 Aug 15, 2007
Police I.D. Bars that Served Girls on Night of Deadly Crash

Aug 1, 2007 07:02 PM EDT

A major step forward in the investigation into the wrong-way crash that killed two young women, as police I.D. the bars where they say the underage driver was drinking, the night they died.

We know the driver, 19-year-old Sara Epstein, and her passenger, 21-year-old Alicia Quintana, both had blood-alcohol levels three-times the legal limit. And now, State Police say they know the bars that served the women in the hours before the mangled mess on 787.

Epstein and Quintana were in Albany that night, and police now confirm they went to Sadie Klutz and Stone Crow bars, both near Yates Street. Then, we know Epstein got on 787 going north, at the Madison Avenue southbound ramp - that was around 3am. She drove nearly three miles before crashing head-on into a tractor trailer.

Here is the full report just released Wednesday by State Police:

http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp...

I can't remember a time when a local downstate media outlet made the report of a police investigation into a DWI available to the community.

Or is it that local police do not release their investigations of this nature to the communities they serve?

I have to praise the New York State Police and News Station WTEN of Albany for acting responsibly and informing the public about information we have a right to know.

Thank God the innocent truck driver in this case was not seriously injured. My thoughts and prayers go to the families of the two young women who played Russian Roulette and lost.

Just goes to show people who use a dangerous drug such as alcohol are losers.

I wonder if the compassionate people would feel differently if the police investigation determined these two young women had illegal substances in their systems instead of alcohol?
Avoidable Tragedy

Monroe, NY

#23 Aug 18, 2007
Potential Victim wrote:
Just goes to show people who use a dangerous drug such as alcohol are losers.
Agreed!
DUNSESSED

AOL

#24 Sep 17, 2007
I DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULS BE JUDGING ANYONES RACE RIGHT ABOUT NOW THE ONLY CONCERN IS THAT TWO HEALTY, WONDERFUL AND LOVED GIRLS ARE DEAD R.I.P ALICIA YOU WERE WONDERFUL MWAH
rip lici

Milford, CT

#26 Mar 19, 2008
no she wasnt illegal she was drunk and she was a great person whose now dead because of a stupid mistake, and your an insensitive jerk.
Randy from Baltimore

United States

#27 Mar 19, 2008
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that but more often than not, the "illegal alien" reference is made regarding hispancs. Sorry that I assumed that is also what you you were referring to.
Did you say, "ASSUMED?!"

Effin' jerk...

And my condolences to the families of the victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are there so many fatherless children in th... 3 hr Devil May Care 4
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 23 hr Lol 16,781
Paterson: Duffy Would Make a Superb Governor (Jul '10) Thu Diamond Daisy 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
5 racehorses die in 5 days at saratoga racetrack. Wed Nina 1
nina Aug 26 Nina 2
Onondag Nation, T&D Enterprises and Cigarettes Aug 25 Jam master jay 2
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE