Gun Debate Grows in Albany

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: WGRZ-TV Buffalo 75

The battle over gun-control legislation in New York continued Monday, with Democrats and Republicans in the state Legislature balking at each others' proposals.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What a FOOL

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Andrew Cuomo and company are a bunch of treasonous rat bastards. The laws he is proposing are draconian measures that will not stop criminals. Cuomo has even said that confiscation is a possibilty. Maybe he shoud lead by example and be guarded by state troopers carrying fly swatters.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 9, 2013
What a FOOL wrote:
Andrew Cuomo and company are a bunch of treasonous rat bastards. The laws he is proposing are draconian measures that will not stop criminals. Cuomo has even said that confiscation is a possibilty. Maybe he shoud lead by example and be guarded by state troopers carrying fly swatters.
Stop making sh*t up. Cuomo never said anything about confiscation.

Grow up. You don't need assault weapons.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Seriously, what is it about those guns that attract the lunatic-fringe? Does it make up for some other shortcoming in your life? I really am curious.

I know the explantation is that you somehow need an assault weapon to keep the Chinese from invading America or something to that effect, but what is it really? I think that you really get off holding the think in your hands.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 9, 2013
What a FOOL wrote:
So, you think that a gun ban would include the police?

Seriously? No, we just to keep high-capacity assault weapons out of the hands of the lunatice-fringe, that's all.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2013
We understand that its not the guns that are the problem...it's the goofballs who get off owning them.

Now, your garden-variety 30-30 is a nice little weapon that put food on the table for millions of Americans moving west. It's powerful enough for deer, reliable, and you can't tickle off a spray of rounds with it.

Yep, the 30-30 is nice little gun, but you terrified white rednecks just weren't satisfied with that kind of gun, were you? Nope, you needed a fully-tricked AR or AK, with laser-sights, worked trigger, high-cap mags and a flash-supressor (so that the invading Chinese don't know where you're shoot from!).
Well

York, PA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Hingle MCringleberry wrote:
We understand that its not the guns that are the problem...it's the goofballs who get off owning them.
Now, your garden-variety 30-30 is a nice little weapon that put food on the table for millions of Americans moving west. It's powerful enough for deer, reliable, and you can't tickle off a spray of rounds with it.
Yep, the 30-30 is nice little gun, but you terrified white rednecks just weren't satisfied with that kind of gun, were you? Nope, you needed a fully-tricked AR or AK, with laser-sights, worked trigger, high-cap mags and a flash-supressor (so that the invading Chinese don't know where you're shoot from!).
This is a great example of someone that knows nothing about firearms. A flash suppressor only reduces the intensity of the muzzle flash for the individual firing the weapon. The flash can still be seen by others - including the invading Chinese...
ScOoTeR

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
you are a liar,as he did say that,try to keep up

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
So, you think that a gun ban would include the police?
Seriously? No, we just to keep high-capacity assault weapons out of the hands of the lunatice-fringe, that's all.
How fast does your car go? Should you be able to buy a chevy corvette? How about a dodge charger? What about a mustang GT?A nissan 300Z? Anyone can walk into a car dealer right now and buy one of these cars,all capable of doing between 140 and 180 mph. In a nation where the speed limtit is 70 mph why would anyone need a car capable of going that fast? In 2011 0ver 10,000 people were killed in accidents attributed to speeding,many of them school aged children...where is your outrqage. A car that does 70-80 is designed for transportation...one that does twice that is designed for speeding.Since the gun control spokesman is Pier Morgan you might want to ask him about keeping thhings out of some peoples hands. Seems he had his license suspended for SPEEDING...what is he trying to compensate for? By the way...the lunatic fringe is oblunder and his minions

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#10 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>
From todays ABC news online..."After Cuomo told a radio interviewer in December that “confiscation could be an option,” I guess ABC news lied

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 9, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>From todays ABC news online..."After Cuomo told a radio interviewer in December that “confiscation could be an option,” I guess ABC news lied
You should know by now that the truth does not mean anything to someone with an agenda. Cuomo has said that confiscation may be a possibility.
TeddyR

Albany, NY

#12 Jan 9, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>How fast does your car go? Should you be able to buy a chevy corvette? How about a dodge charger? What about a mustang GT?A nissan 300Z? Anyone can walk into a car dealer right now and buy one of these cars,all capable of doing between 140 and 180 mph. In a nation where the speed limtit is 70 mph why would anyone need a car capable of going that fast? In 2011 0ver 10,000 people were killed in accidents attributed to speeding,many of them school aged children...where is your outrqage. A car that does 70-80 is designed for transportation...one that does twice that is designed for speeding.Since the gun control spokesman is Pier Morgan you might want to ask him about keeping thhings out of some peoples hands. Seems he had his license suspended for SPEEDING...what is he trying to compensate for? By the way...the lunatic fringe is oblunder and his minions
Are a lot of mass murderes using fast cars instead of guns?

Moron.
TeddyR

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 9, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>From todays ABC news online..."After Cuomo told a radio interviewer in December that “confiscation could be an option,” I guess ABC news lied
Bu11shit.
NRA Member

Sayre, PA

#15 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You don't need assault weapons.
What's an assault weapon?
NRA Member

Sayre, PA

#16 Jan 10, 2013
De Opresssor Liber wrote:
Seriously, what is it about those guns that attract the lunatic-fringe?
I have no idea what attracts the lunatic fringe. You should be able to answer that yourself.

Regarding what attracts a gun owner, I would say that flexibility of configuration would be a main point. Let ten different people buy a Remington model 700 and you have ten identical firearms. ARs et al can be fitted out to one's personal preference much more easily.
sables

Dallas, TX

#17 Jan 10, 2013
De Opresssor Liber wrote:
Seriously, what is it about those guns that attract the lunatic-fringe? Does it make up for some other shortcoming in your life? I really am curious.
I know the explantation is that you somehow need an assault weapon to keep the Chinese from invading America or something to that effect, but what is it really? I think that you really get off holding the think in your hands.
What are your shortcomings besides a functioning brain?

Location hidden

#18 Jan 10, 2013
sables wrote:
<quoted text>What are your shortcomings besides a functioning brain?
My biggest shortcoming is that I have no tolerance for gun-nuts. I've been a gun collector and shooter my whole life, and I've run across more of you paranoid freaks than I care to mentionl; guys who get off on owning ridiculous tricked out assault rifles, because they harbor irrational fears and paranoid delusions...guys who stockpile arms and ammo in preparation for some ficticous armageddon that will never occur, as if one AR-15 is going to save you.

Stupid, delusional and scared is a bad combination.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 10, 2013
NRA Member wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what attracts the lunatic fringe. You should be able to answer that yourself.
Regarding what attracts a gun owner, I would say that flexibility of configuration would be a main point. Let ten different people buy a Remington model 700 and you have ten identical firearms. ARs et al can be fitted out to one's personal preference much more easily.
So, your gun has a personality, does it?

You people are freaks.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Seriously, I've been on ranges my whole life, and it never ceases to fascinate me how you can stand there for an hour and mindlessly pump round after round into a target.

Location hidden

#21 Jan 10, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great example of someone that knows nothing about firearms. A flash suppressor only reduces the intensity of the muzzle flash for the individual firing the weapon. The flash can still be seen by others - including the invading Chinese...
Sonny... I've owned and fired more weapons than you'll ever dream of...but, you're right, I've never owned a weapon with a flash-supressor...BECAUSE I DON'T NEED ONE.

Grow up and stop playing soldier.
NRA Member

Sayre, PA

#22 Jan 10, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenneth White Murder 6 hr markmurto 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
warning: rude employee at christmas tree shops (Aug '12) Wed Chris 26
Paul Harris is coming out in a year thanks to B... Dec 23 vICTIM 1
Australiaa s prime minister gets accused of sex... Dec 22 reneir880 1
OBAMAcare and its lies Dec 21 george 4
A CAND THE DR KAMAL K ROYY AKA/WAS JOSEPH JOSEP... Dec 20 DR LISA ROY rev the 1
Albany Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web