Letter: Center the key to Albany's future

Feb 2, 2013 Full story: Albany Times Union 6

Amore Clothing has been on State Street in Albany since 1967. As I look out my storefront, I can tell you that we are more and more alone in the retail existence of downtown Albany.

Full Story
Scubbers

Albany, NY

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Nobody wants to live in downtown Albany; in fact, nobody wants to even visit downtown Albany after dark...at least nobody besides ghetto rats drunken college kids.
DanaRatalio

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2013
Hey, I visit Albany after dark! But, then, I'm a drunken slag who will pretty much bang anything with $3 in its pocket.
SylvioAratis

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 4, 2013
I've shit in nicer places than Albany.
Nina

AOL

#4 Feb 5, 2013
People don't like being mugged.
People are afraid to walk the streets of Albany
at night by themselves.
People are afraid to visit the neighborhoods where they lived as kids.
Jaywalking all over Central Ave.
Business district bars....where is retail
thank you thou Lodges for being there.
Shocker

Albany, NY

#7 Feb 5, 2013
Walk up State Street after dark...you'll be asked for money by at least two grubby black dudes.

Then you'll have to listen to smart-assed black punks and that crap they call music. Then there are the welfare-mommas with one snot-nosed little welfare-recipient in tow, and another riding in a $200 stroller I helped pay for. Of course, the mother is smoking $10 a pack Newport Menthols and carrying an iPhone.
Rillo

Albany, NY

#9 Feb 5, 2013
The thing that pisses me off is the fact that politicians say "gee,there's not really anything we can do about EBT's being used for strip clubs and booze"...yet somehow the department of Tax and Finance can find an illegal $23 deduction on your tax return.

If I commit a crime and leave one drop of saliva behind, the state police have the technology to identify me out of every other person on earth, but oddly enough, they don't have the technology to keep rufus and Chantel from buying malt liquor and cigarettes with their EBT card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Two wrongs N.Y. can right Tue reality is a crutch 1
Shout Out to Reginald Bonner- Mon Army buddy-Vogelweh 1
why do you live there Sun DoIt 1
hARRIS IS COMING OUT FOR xMAS Jan 25 nora 2
10117 Jan 23 gjest 25
Review: Any Day Movers (Feb '09) Jan 23 very disappointed 14
Albany Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance