First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 May 7, 2012
Father Basilio wrote:
Let us return to a civil conversation regarding Saint Patrick's in Watervliet. The last comment from Florida is particularly egregious in its apparent defense of homosexuality and is also dismissive of communism, which in principle, is philosophically similar to the Catholic Church. One of the most unGodly human acts is buggery. Now that smells; just saying.......
why you trick with shang guan rui en? why you make believe you not gay? why you communist? why you got buggery in the bloomers?
nina

Slingerlands, NY

#22 May 8, 2012
St. Patrick's Church.....
A lot has happened recently concerning things..
People have had a chance to research things, get
things off their chests and go to meetings.
There is a solution here and I have confidence
it will be a good one. Naturally when you hear
something for the first time that you don't like
it rattles you. I suggest pray for an amicable
solution....(I am biased and hope a business/
apartment/condo/etc. can be housed in the former
church rather than being razed.
Pat

Troy, NY

#23 Jun 5, 2012
Gov William J LePetomane wrote:
Shirley, are you prepared to buy it and take care of renovation and maintenance yourself?
The paper reports that the church already needs $6,000,000 in renovations. The diocese isn't willing to invest that money, and Watervliet can't afford it.
You have two choices... you sell the building now, to a willing buyer who will put a badly needed market into a low income area -OR- you let the building rot where it stands until there's a fire or the roof caves in and the town that can't afford to buy it is forced to tear it down anyway.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.
GUESS YOU DON'T LIVE IN A LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOOD. PLEASE SHOP IN ANOTHER STATE
Pat

Troy, NY

#24 Jun 5, 2012
Wish I didn't live in a low income neighborhood. You must be friends with J Kenney
nina

Slingerlands, NY

#25 Jun 5, 2012
People go to Europe to see fine buildings like this
and we here knock them down. what the heck.
Tena

Lakewood, NJ

#26 Jun 5, 2012
nina wrote:
People go to Europe to see fine buildings like this
and we here knock them down. what the heck.
Why don't you get your idol Jim Coyne to use it as his campaign headquarters?
nina

Slingerlands, NY

#27 Jun 5, 2012
Tena wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you get your idol Jim Coyne to use it as his campaign headquarters?
he doesn't need it he has the Albany Armory.
Tena

Lakewood, NJ

#28 Jun 5, 2012
nina wrote:
<quoted text>he doesn't need it he has the Albany Armory.
Oh, but I don't think the Armory is big enough. I think he really needs a Watervliet headquarters, as well. You could run that one.
Lord Haw Haw

Albany, NY

#29 Jun 5, 2012
Coyne's campaign headquarters should be in the TU Center on South pearl Street in Albany. With that arrangement his life will have come full circle as he returns to the scene of his felonious crime. He is such a muddling clown that he may actually think this is a good idea.
South End Sam

Albany, NY

#30 Jun 5, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
GUESS YOU DON'T LIVE IN A LOW INCOME NEIGHBORHOOD. PLEASE SHOP IN ANOTHER STATE
What does that have to do with a decrepit old church and a buyer willing to bring a market to a low income neighborhood?
Righteous

Albany, NY

#31 Jun 6, 2012
As a former congregant of this church, while I'm sad to see it go, it's time to say goodbye. Price Chopper is willing to put up a new building and bring lots of jobs to a community that badly needs more jobs, please let them do it.

God bless you Father Basilio-- I remember you well.
Nina

AOL

#32 Jul 24, 2012
Big mistake if this beautiful church comes down.
Times Union editorial on this situation gets it right.(yesterday's paper)
art

Schenectady, NY

#33 Oct 28, 2012
why does albany catholic diocese cloe all the catholic schools and churches in watervliet but the cathedral in albany that costs millions of dollars still stands. sorry bishop i refuse to send 0ne penny to the bishops fund until you explain where all the money we spend goes
Nina

AOL

#34 Nov 12, 2012
Listen up this is important. Imperative that
St. Patrick's Church not be demolished. I had
stated somewhere that in the event of a disaster
St. Patrick's Church could house the residents of
Watervliet and probably then some. It is built
like a fortress/armory. Look at the people in Staten Island, Breezy Point etc. who have no shelter due to Hurricane Sandy. If you knock this
church down you are destroying a very safe place for large crowds of people. think Watervliet
think of a safe place for your people God forbid
a hurricane should hit. It is easier to live with
a good decision than a bad one so....
tom britton

Leesburg, VA

#35 Apr 22, 2013
Gov William J LePetomane wrote:
Shirley, are you prepared to buy it and take care of renovation and maintenance yourself?
The paper reports that the church already needs $6,000,000 in renovations. The diocese isn't willing to invest that money, and Watervliet can't afford it.
You have two choices... you sell the building now, to a willing buyer who will put a badly needed market into a low income area -OR- you let the building rot where it stands until there's a fire or the roof caves in and the town that can't afford to buy it is forced to tear it down anyway.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Gov. do you really believe when they built that church they didn't have in mind to build it so it would never fall down. That church would have out lived you,me and my children's children's grandparents. Are you just pain ignorant or buddy's with Mike Manning ?
Nina

AOL

#36 Apr 24, 2013
tom britton wrote:
<quoted text>Gov. do you really believe when they built that church they didn't have in mind to build it so it would never fall down. That church would have out lived you,me and my children's children's grandparents. Are you just pain ignorant or buddy's with Mike Manning ?
I have read many comments referring to St. Patrick's but yours "says it all."
Every parish here does not have its own priest. Hopefully we will get more vocations but that will take time. So I thought by keeping St. Patrick's if the need should arise many parishoners from other parishes could come to St. Pat's for Mass, Devotions, recitation of the rosary. This church could accommodate everyone.
Also on a non religious/spiritual thought...if catastrophic weather would occur, St. Pat's could hold huge amounts of people.
It is strong like an armory. First the schools...then the churches.....
Asmodeus

Dallas, TX

#37 Aug 2, 2013
Deconsecrate, tear down. Investigate the clergy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
greek food 1 hr JAYSON IATRIDIS 1
best greek food 1 hr JAYSON IATRIDIS 1
Corliss Institute Group Review: En bolig Progra... 3 hr greenastacia 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr True blue 19,387
Exalgo (Jul '10) Thu slipknotmaggotlo20 143
Debate: Gay Marriage - Albany, NY (Jul '10) Thu Brian_G 1,607
Kmart's 5 remaining stores to stay open (Feb '14) Oct 20 Joker 2
Albany Dating
Find my Match

Albany Jobs

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Albany News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Albany

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]