Paterson says gay marriage bill will pass

Full story: WNYT Albany

New York Gov. David Paterson says he expects to sign a same-sex marriage bill into law in the coming weeks.
Comments
1 - 20 of 176 Comments Last updated Dec 8, 2009
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
HBIC

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

Good for Patterson!!!

Again I say no one has the right to dictate who people can love!

Since: Jun 09

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

HBIC wrote:
Good for Patterson!!!
Again I say no one has the right to dictate who people can love!
He's an idiot and this is going to die again like it always does. There isn't enough support. They need 32 they only have 26
HBIC

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

Cfoote wrote:
<quoted text>He's an idiot and this is going to die again like it always does. There isn't enough support. They need 32 they only have 26
I wouldn't call him an idiot although I will say he's not too swift on a lot of things however I am glad that this law is being passed, everyone deserves someone to love and the right to be married :)

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

Judged:

HBIC wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't call him an idiot although I will say he's not too swift on a lot of things however I am glad that this law is being passed, everyone deserves someone to love and the right to be married :)
I'm pretty sure the accidental Gov is an idiot. With at 20% approval rating 8 out of 10 people agree with me. And when you don't have enough support bills don't pass
Diane

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

<~~~ Not Gay but Yayyy!!!

“II Samuel 1:26”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

I sure hope that Gov. Paterson is correct that SSM will pass in NY. This would be quite a coup for gay rights. However, I'm not going to hold my breath either, awaiting it's passage.

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

AquariusNSF wrote:
I sure hope that Gov. Paterson is correct that SSM will pass in NY. This would be quite a coup for gay rights. However, I'm not going to hold my breath either, awaiting it's passage.
Good becuase if you do you will pass out.. Here is the real story as reported this morning..

New York Gov. David Paterson says he expects to sign a same-sex marriage bill into law in the coming weeks”

If wishes were horses…the votes weren’t there in June, and they aren’t there now.

It’s interesting that New York’s same-sex “marriage” advocates are beginning to eat their own. I wouldn’t have expected the head of Empire State Pride to publicly voice displeasure with Sen. Tom Duane at one of the organization’s main fundraisers. While I disagree with Sen. Duane on every issue I can think of, and while I believe that his words and actions (like those of many, many of his Senate colleagues) fall far short of the decorum expected from an elected official, I have never questioned the authenticity of his commitment to the causes that he supports. The statements reported by The Daily Politics seem to raise such a question by implying that the votes for SSM are there, and that Sen. Duane lacks the courage to get the measure put on the floor. The reality is, Duane has been less than honest about the number of votes he has for SSM. If he had the votes to pass SSM, it would have passed by now. If somebody wants to criticize him, make it a valid criticism; criticize him for misleading people about how many votes he really has in favor of SSM.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

AquariusNSF wrote:
Agreed. I think it's much more likely that New Jersey will pass a marriage bill in the lame-duck session, whether Corzine wins or not.
steve in toga

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2009

He will stop at nothing to try and secure more votes.
Rob

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

What intellectual times we live in.

We are at the point where we are allowing Government to recognize same sex couplings as marital institutions.

But legally I still cannot smoke pot in the privacy of my own home without the risk of legal prosecution.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

I just love watching all these homophobes freaking out because they know there's no way of stopping this in the long run. Marriage equality for gay couples is coming soon, whether you like it or not!

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Rob wrote:
What intellectual times we live in.
We are at the point where we are allowing Government to recognize same sex couplings as marital institutions.
But legally I still cannot smoke pot in the privacy of my own home without the risk of legal prosecution.
Pot is a drug.. Homosexuality is not. Although there have been steps take to make pot legal , medicinally . Guess Pot is more harmful than being gay.

“Ron Paul 2012”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Judged:

Cfoote wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure the accidental Gov is an idiot. With at 20% approval rating 8 out of 10 people agree with me. And when you don't have enough support bills don't pass
He is an idiot ;))

But why is government still involved with religion?

Anyone and everyone can sign any legal contract they want,I guess it comes down to benefits.

Again,why is any level of government involved in personal relationships? Be it a man and woman,man and man,women and women or a man with 100 women or vis versa.

The only people that seem to care are religious zealots.

Don't we have more important things to worry about.

“Ron Paul 2012”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

I slept with a women last night,will I/she spend eternity in hell and torture because we are not married???

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Judged:

USA1 wrote:
I slept with a women last night,will I/she spend eternity in hell and torture because we are not married???
NO but you might get crabs. That can be hell. LOL

Hollywood, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

dew4794 wrote:
<quoted text>
People do NOT choose their sexual orientation, gay, straight, trans-gendered.bi-sexual. All sexual orientation is created by God.
YES!

Hollywood, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

dew4794 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO but you might get crabs. That can be hell. LOL
NOT IF THEY'RE COOKED RIGHT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Ron Paul 2012”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

"I slept with a women last night,will I/she spend eternity in hell and torture because we are not married???"

Your response...

"what do you think...
what assurance do you have that your not...
if you were to die tonight where would you spend eternity?... "

Hopefully,in a cask..creamated and not with souls like you.

The world DOES not revolve and progress around religion.Your reasoning is why we have so many problems !!!!!!

And the LACK of progress! Especially in the science and medical field.

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

port orange

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

just one more free state Yay!:)

Hollywood, CA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

scott wrote:
yes, the old borngay, God did create you the way you are and he also gave you free will to choose, and he hopes and expects you to choose the right path and ask him for help to do so.
And,yes the statistics are not particulary good for marriages, however that is not a justification for fornication.
I'm not worried.
I'VE CHOSEN THE RIGHT PATH, I'M A GOOD PERSON. THATS WHAT HE EXPECTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••