What do you think

What do you think

There are 3 comments on the This Is Leicestershire story from Aug 12, 2011, titled What do you think. In it, This Is Leicestershire reports that:

Pilot Officer Richard Atheling Sanders , who was born in Leicestershire, died of wounds received in action 70 years this month - yet his sacrifice does not appear to be commemorated on any memorial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This Is Leicestershire.

Richard Sanders

Williams Lake, Canada

#1 Aug 13, 2011
This can and should be rectified.

I am sure my uncle is not the only one of the (dare I say) war heroes who have paid the price of admission but are not yet admitted.
NamVet68

Choctaw, OK

#2 Aug 13, 2011
Richard Sanders wrote:
This can and should be rectified.
I am sure my uncle is not the only one of the (dare I say) war heroes who have paid the price of admission but are not yet admitted.
Well fight for it and HIS rights - But this being the USA / We can not do much in Canada......

Topix = Veterans Affairs U S Goverment Washington D. C.
Richard Sanders

Williams Lake, Canada

#3 Aug 13, 2011
It is not a matter of his rights, it is about doing doing the right thing, not only for my uncles memory but for all the other forgotten.

Yes I am trying to get the situation rectified. However had you read the complete story you would know the place in question is Oadby, Leicestershire in the UK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Messerschmitt Aircraft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New leader of aircraft association ready for job (Feb '11) Feb '11 adjust-to-sudden-... 1
News Instructor, Fort grad aboard fatal flight (Feb '11) Feb '11 adjust-to-sudden-... 1
News Plane goes down; pilot is injured (Feb '11) Feb '11 adjust-to-sudden-... 1
News Jan. 13, 1942: Ejection Seat Works, Pilot Elated (Feb '11) Feb '11 adjust-to-sudden-... 1
News 787 delivery schedule due soon (Feb '11) Feb '11 adjust-to-sudden-... 1
More from around the web