Cessna Citation M2 Makes First Flight

Aug 27, 2013 Full story: Flight Journal

Cessna took the first production version of its latest Citation, the M2, to the skies from the company's facility in Independence, Kan., where the twinjet will be produced alongside the Citation Mustang and Cessna's single-engine products.

Read more
Metalmonkey

Chanute, KS

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Soon the skies over Independence will be filled with the sights and sounds of jets coming and going again from the airport,,,if Mexico will just get on board with the program! Hard to build when you don't have parts. Makes one wonder why we're there in the first place?!
Metalmonkey Wannabe

Independence, KS

#2 Aug 29, 2013
One flight every three or fours days will hardly be an eye opener. 16 deliveries by the end of the year? Make me laugh! Blaming Mexico over Wichita engineering and planning is another joke.
Disgusted

Buckeye, AZ

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Metalmonkey wrote:
Soon the skies over Independence will be filled with the sights and sounds of jets coming and going again from the airport,,,if Mexico will just get on board with the program! Hard to build when you don't have parts. Makes one wonder why we're there in the first place?!
I'll tell you why Cessna is in Mexico, because the Cessna employees and and union in Wichita are a bunch of pussys. They should have done a solid work stopage and brought the god damn company to its knees. As well, the Independence plant is a bunch of pussys. They had three chances to vote in a union and got weak kneed in the voting booth. The people at Cessna only have their damn sorry ass scared asses to blame. Oh my god, they will take my job away to Mexico if I vote to organize. Wichita is a bunch of dicks, they wouldn't support Independence when the union drives were going. A lot of good people worked in those drives only to have pusses vote it down. So, you all deserve what you have, an unemployment check. As for me, I'll take my chances with the "real" Fighting Machinists."
Just me

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Aug 30, 2013
Union+Business=closing

unions are outdated and will only drive the manufacturing cost up, that is why Mexico is here today, Wichita plant cost to much to run and that is why Independence received the M2. They already have a plan in place to add to the Independence facility so if Wichita does not set up they might loose more work to Independence.
Metalmonkey

Chanute, KS

#5 Sep 2, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you why Cessna is in Mexico, because the Cessna employees and and union in Wichita are a bunch of pussys. They should have done a solid work stopage and brought the god damn company to its knees. As well, the Independence plant is a bunch of pussys. They had three chances to vote in a union and got weak kneed in the voting booth. The people at Cessna only have their damn sorry ass scared asses to blame. Oh my god, they will take my job away to Mexico if I vote to organize. Wichita is a bunch of dicks, they wouldn't support Independence when the union drives were going. A lot of good people worked in those drives only to have pusses vote it down. So, you all deserve what you have, an unemployment check. As for me, I'll take my chances with the "real" Fighting Machinists."
I wasn't there when the vote went down. And I don't consider myself a "pussy". Call me that to my face and I will lay "you" out! And I'm in my 50's! LOL! As far as a "union" goes, I have belonged to two, right here in the county. As for me, I don't have an "unemployment" check, I have a "paycheck"! If you think a union is the answer to all things concerning a job, what about all the "IAMAW" workers that are drawing their unemployment checks today, that were working for Cessna Wichita? You think a union is going to save your job? When there are no orders for product, union or not your job is on the line. Cessna went to Mexico for the cheap labor, and it's not working out that great for them. To much turnover and to many delays in receiving parts. They just won't admit it. They should just bring the work back to Kansas. Good luck with the "real Fighting Machinists", I hope you're not riding on the backs of your union coworkers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Civil Aircraft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: 1 pilot locked out of cockpit on doomed... 13 hr Beowulf 13
News Pat Robertson: 'Was the co-pilot a Muslim? Why ... Fri Never Justify Big... 1
Where to spend my money? Fri jacksev 1
News Televangelist Creflo Dollar Needs A Fancy Priva... Mar 16 Harry Toye 1
News Prosperity preacher seeks $60 million in donati... Mar 15 Curtisa 1
News Etihad Plans Flying Penthouse on Abu Dhabi-JFK ... Mar 6 Robert Carothers 1
News Emirates airline eyes order for 50-70 A350 or 7... Mar 6 flightdeck 1
More from around the web