UN agency moves to kill aircraft battery exemption

There are 4 comments on the WTOP-FM Washington story from Feb 12, 2013, titled UN agency moves to kill aircraft battery exemption. In it, WTOP-FM Washington reports that:

A U.N. agency that sets global aviation safety standards is moving to prevent aircraft batteries like the one that caught fire on a Boeing 787 last month from being shipped as cargo on passenger planes, people familiar with the effort said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOP-FM Washington.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2013
A Happy Jappy Battery has ruined Boeing. No surprise here.
See what happens when you globalize with little sparkly stars in your eyes? Things will never change. It's probably sabotage like that run of bad bolts that were mis-labeled by the Japs in the 60s and imported en-masse by America. Either there was too much carbon in the steel or not enough. It was intentional though. The hashmarks on the heads were mis-leading. They broke in everything we put them in from bowling machines to bulldozers. That may be why the Contractors have to use stuff made only in America in schools and such. What about airplanes? People forget the important things too quickly. Am I the only one that remembers?
let hate go

Hanoi, Vietnam

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Cracker wrote:
Fluke the U.N., just a bunch of dick-tator wanna be's .
RUN them out of America, NOW !
;-000000h, them did!!;-00
let hate go

Hanoi, Vietnam

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
A Happy Jappy Battery has ruined Boeing. No surprise here.
See what happens when you globalize with little sparkly stars in your eyes? Things will never change. It's probably sabotage like that run of bad bolts that were mis-labeled by the Japs in the 60s and imported en-masse by America. Either there was too much carbon in the steel or not enough. It was intentional though. The hashmarks on the heads were mis-leading. They broke in everything we put them in from bowling machines to bulldozers. That may be why the Contractors have to use stuff made only in America in schools and such. What about airplanes? People forget the important things too quickly. Am I the only one that remembers?
gas + batteries = hybrid! do you got F- on chemistry class?;-00
ahitem

Fork Union, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Somebody please give the un a suppository

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boeing 787 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FAA: Dreamliner battery could lose all power May 3 sandy1 10
News Is The Boeing 787-9 Really Going To Help Air Fr... Mar '15 flightdeck 1
News Emirates airline eyes order for 50-70 A350 or 7... Mar '15 flightdeck 1
News Norwegian carrier wants to close airspace to Ru... Feb '15 hmm 1
News Which is better: the Boeing 787 or Airbus A350?... (Jul '14) Jan '15 Trust me 3
News Air update: Jetlag-busting Dreamliners will be ... Jan '15 double celebrating 6
News Travel tech trends: Save your budget and tap in... Jan '15 GullibleMe 1
More from around the web