Carmakers helping Boeing on battery

Carmakers helping Boeing on battery

There are 2 comments on the Journal Gazette story from Mar 11, 2013, titled Carmakers helping Boeing on battery. In it, Journal Gazette reports that:

Boeing tapped Ford, General Motors, General Electric, United Technologies and others to provide expertise after battery faults grounded the global 787 fleet on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Gazette.

Robert Phoenix

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 11, 2013
And they didn't ask the company with the most experience with car batteries (Toyota) or even the US company with the most experience (Tesla)?
car expert

Downers Grove, IL

#2 Mar 12, 2013
Robert Phoenix wrote:
And they didn't ask the company with the most experience with car batteries (Toyota) or even the US company with the most experience (Tesla)?
They were gonna ask the Volt division of GM until they discoverd it only traveled 45 miles on a charge then they hung up the phone and dialed 1-800-tesla wondercar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boeing 787 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air Canada posts bigger quarterly loss as fuel ... Feb '17 Meanwhile 1
News Falsified papers, sloppy work led FAA to fine B... Feb '17 The last Inspector 1
News Mike Evans | Local organizer for the Internatio... Feb '17 Exsteelworker 1
News Eva B773 at Los Angeles on Dec 16th 2016, ATC i... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Scare travellers 1
News Boeing S.C. opens North Charleston paint facility (Dec '16) Dec '16 Eric 1
Kitchen Units Cardiff (Dec '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 1
News LOT Polish Airlines begins service to In... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Chrobry 1
More from around the web