Southwest Airlines will be ready to fly to Hawaii in 2013

Aug 29, 2011 Full story: The Dallas Morning News

Southwest Airlines chairman and CEO Gary Kelly spoke Monday at Boyd Group Internaiontal's annual aviation conference near Albuquerque.

Full Story

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Aug 29, 2011
Not keen on the 717. Knew that was coming even though the 2-3 configuration would not require software modifcation of the boarding passes. A 737 to HNL or OGG is a bummer, but how is it worse that a 757? Need to check the range and weather/winds enroute to see about the cancellation rate. Nowhere to land enroute. Know that most of the legacy carriers don't make money on these routes. They are there for vacation packages, and frequent flyer redemption.
Angry White United Pilot

Everett, WA

#2 Aug 30, 2011
Oh great! More negros and illegal aliens landing on the shores of Hawaii!
Get ready Hawaiians, now you will really get to know the HOWELEE!
Plucked and Shmucked

AOL

#3 Aug 30, 2011
Kind of looks like Southwest has abandoned Hawaii before they have even bothered to start it.

I truely belive Europe is more upon their Horizon than Hawaii. Hawaii flying is just a diversion story.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#4 Aug 30, 2011
Plucked and Shmucked wrote:
Kind of looks like Southwest has abandoned Hawaii before they have even bothered to start it.
I truely belive Europe is more upon their Horizon than Hawaii. Hawaii flying is just a diversion story.
The problem with Europe is fees and nationalism. There is no bloke sitting in London waiting to fly SW to Stewart Newburg Long Island. 6 hours over the north Atlantic with snack mix and free soda in a cattle car seat. Sign me up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boeing 737 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges i... Nov 21 _malon_goblok 1
WestJet Flight To Canada Returns To McCarran Ai... Nov 19 philipbrown 4
Take a Boeing 737 for a spin at the AeroSim Exp... Nov 12 Andre 1
Argentinean Airlines to start flights to Cuba, ... Oct '14 WE JUST DONT CARE 16
Aeromexico Passengers Evacuated After LAX Tire ... Oct '14 Sirius 5
WestJet flight to Victoria from Las Vegas makes... Sep '14 Hate Travelling 1
Southwest B733 at Rochester on Aug 31st 2014, f... Sep '14 RFCBF 1

Boeing 737 People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE