American Could Announce Order for 400 Boeing and Airbus Planes Wednesday

Jul 19, 2011 Full story: nycaviation.com

American Airlines may announce Wednesday the largest aircraft order in history consisting of as many as 400 narrow-body planes worth $37 billion to be split between Boeing and Airbus, according to a Bloomberg report .

Read more

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Jul 19, 2011
I wish they would announce deals with thier employees. The airline can't make money, but they have bonus money for thier managers. They got financing for aircraft somehow. Why do I get the feeling the cost of these aircraft will be paid for with a loss of retiree medical after being beaten down for 2 and a half decades and counting? Not too mention more job loss.
RWG

Dillsboro, IN

#2 Jul 20, 2011
I just hope Boeing and Airbus are smart enough not to take an American Airlines check.
excalibur

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Jul 20, 2011
we,employees are just another cost unit prost. they don't care about you or what you think and by now, you should know that. managers have always gotten their way, and always will, due to the support from the people that writes them their paychecks. Just put a smile to the ride you are getting and your blood pressure will stay in check. good luck !!

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#4 Jul 20, 2011
excalibur wrote:
we,employees are just another cost unit prost. they don't care about you or what you think and by now, you should know that. managers have always gotten their way, and always will, due to the support from the people that writes them their paychecks. Just put a smile to the ride you are getting and your blood pressure will stay in check. good luck !!
I'm good. I stopped stressing. Most of us have. The reality is we all want to provide our customers with the best service we can. The current management has arrainged staffing so that is impossible. We have pointed this out and they refuse to fix it. If they don't care, why should we? Where did our attitudes come from1585? MANAGEMENT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boeing 737 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton's email scandal sure fits the '... Mar 10 Le Jimbo 17
News Southwest grounding 128 planes over missed insp... Mar 2 asfg 3
News New route linking Dublin to Nova Scotia, Canada Jan '15 snowman 1
News Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... Jan '15 Peoples Distress ... 2
News Boeing Beats Airbus: On Orders, Deliveries... a... Dec '14 craigjkt1 2
News Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges i... Nov '14 _malon_goblok 1
News WestJet Flight To Canada Returns To McCarran Ai... (Sep '14) Nov '14 philipbrown 4
More from around the web